Pakistan clashes over Charlie Hebdo cartoon

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Pakistan clashes over Charlie Hebdo cartoon

Pakistani police have clashed with crowds protesting over an image of the Prophet Muhammad published in French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo.

The authorities used tear gas and water cannon to disperse the demonstration, near the French consulate in Karachi.

The protest was part of a nationwide rally called by Jamaat-e-Islami, the country's largest Islamist party.

Charlie Hebdo featured a cartoon of Muhammad this week, a week after gunmen carried out a massacre at its offices.

Twelve people were killed in the Paris attack, carried out by two French Muslims angry over earlier depictions of Muhammad in the magazine.

BBC News - Pakistan clashes over Charlie Hebdo cartoon

Why don't Charlie Hebdo just stop this childish act? Where are they getting at? This is not art at all. Bad taste if you ask me. I have come to the conclusion that Charlie Hebdo is doing this deliberately and in purpose just to hurt Muslims.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Why don't Charlie Hebdo just stop this childish act? Where are they getting at? This is not art at all. Bad taste if you ask me. I have come to the conclusion that Charlie Hebdo is doing this deliberately and in purpose just to hurt Muslims.

Muslims on other hand are easy manipulated. Can Muslims take this opportunity to spread the true characteristic of the Prophet peace be upon him. Why don't we use the media to do so instead of marching the street, chanting and raising slogans.

Anonymous

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
7 0 0
Country
Colombia
All this happens because that magazine is disrespectful, and what they got, maybe they searched for it.

Those french of that magazine seems that they don't know that Muslims don't tolerate that their prophet be represented in any form, that is a disrespect for them, now they only keep doing those cartoons of the prophet because thanks to all the attention they got, their sells will increase a lot, they are just profiting based on disrespect.

and that disrespect cannot be covered with their old excuse "respect free of speech" then why then don't respect the other people's beliefs?

jeremy2

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Kenya
If we could only preach and practice tolerance,then this world would be a much better place. Every freedom has its limitations and we should respect everyone's religion. Nobody want's his/her God to be ridiculed and for the sake of peace in this world,let's accommodate each others beliefs and practices.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
If we could only preach and practice tolerance,then this world would be a much better place. Every freedom has its limitations and we should respect everyone's religion. Nobody want's his/her God to be ridiculed and for the sake of peace in this world,let's accommodate each others beliefs and practices.

Perhaps the most sensible comment I have ever read on the matter! Yes, free speech is essential but let's be a little bit more respectful to others. There are certain religions which I detest but my life isn't being made any poorer by keeping my opinions to myself.