Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 202 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Sir that's completely understandable. That's human nature...
...but plz tell me what good it would do to make a thousand posts here asking for proof?
Would it make the military release proof faster? Proof will come when it will come...whether we fill this thread with thousands of useless posts or not.

Wouldn't u find the thread better having more on topic content(like for example researching and posting a jet's capabilities, or figuring out which base it will be operating from, which roles, etc.)...that ppl can learn from? Instead of a thousand posts saying "where's the proof?"
Itni sense hoti in loogoon main, to ghum hi kiya tha.

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
Generally, I think we all need to make a conscious effort to only post when it is on topic and adds something meaningful to the discussion. Too many posts here add nothing meaningful.

When I was growing up in the various forums, I always tried to learn more and slowly, I was able to gain greater knowledge. This has to be a conscious effort. Sadly a lot of young posters today don't have this "wanting to learn more" attitude. They know a small bit - or heard something, and are here to just argue and make a fracas about it.

MIRauf

Reactions
242 8 0
Country
USA
Well because you should not keep F 16 limited to Air Defence role. In my humble opinion F 16 Block 70 and Block 72 should be used for all kind of roles including deep strikes if required. Therefore our future F16 inductions should make sure that our jets have the capability to carry and fire long range cruise missiles.

F-16 are for the Top over, they have the role of movers, rollers and shakers. Jam enemy Radars, Threaten them with Locks and BVR missiles, that is their primary task. I doubt PAF F-16s will get Cruise Missiles, and you can't add yours as you don't have the code to mate them.

At the end its not what PAF wants, but what US sells and PAF can settle for, what is the minimum PAF will settle for.

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
Itni sense hoti in loogoon main, to ghum hi kiya tha.
Pinning posts would help here. Either Mods or Think Tanks can be allowed to pin posts that have good on topic content...
...the pinned posts show up first...while the rest of the nonsense gets buried. This way ppl wouldn't have to dig through hundreds of pages to fish for like 50 useful posts.

Nightfox

Reactions
377 3 0
Country
Pakistan
F-16 are for the Top over, they have the role of movers, rollers and shakers. Jam enemy Radars, Threaten them with Locks and BVR missiles, that is their primary task. I doubt PAF F-16s will get Cruise Missiles, and you can't add yours as you don't have the code to mate them.

At the end its not what PAF wants, but what US sells and PAF can settle for, what is the minimum PAF will settle for.
If i remember correctly not even the USAF used cruise missiles on the F-16 but that was because they had other platforms that were better suited for that role

Nightfox

Reactions
377 3 0
Country
Pakistan
AIM120D is not confirmed incase you are assuming that we are getting that bvr missile.
If we believe that the jets are to come then it should be taken for granted that tha Aim 120D wiĺl come.Its not like we are buying the jets to make our own version of the USAF Thunderbirds

Salza

BANNED
Reactions
464 0 0
Country
Pakistan
If we believe that the jets are to come then it should be taken for granted that tha Aim 120D wiĺl come.Its not like we are buying the jets to make our own version of the USAF Thunderbirds

We can just wish but for your information Egypt has more than 200 F16s yet no BVR capability on their jets and even we got this capability into our planes only after 2005.

Actually if we get AIM120Ds (say 200 of such missiles) and no new F16 than also it will be enough to keep Rafales out of the scene. So to me, even if we have to pay AIM120Ds price in full, than we should do it. Pakistan should convince Trump/Pentagon for this strategic sale.

Nightfox

Reactions
377 3 0
Country
Pakistan
We can just wish but for your information Egypt has more than 200 F16s yet no BVR capability on their jets and even we got this capability into our planes only after 2005.

Actually if we get AIM120Ds (say 200 of such missiles) and no new F16 than also it will be enough to keep Rafales out of the scene. So to me, even if we have to pay AIM120Ds price in full, than we should do it. Pakistan should convince Trump/Pentagon for this strategic sale.
What egypt has was on the request of the israelis who requested the USA not to equip the EAF with anything that would bring them to par as both sides were to operate the same aircraft.The same is not the case here as the IAF does not operate the same aircraft as us.

Salza

BANNED
Reactions
464 0 0
Country
Pakistan
What egypt has was on the request of the israelis who requested the USA not to equip the EAF with anything that would bring them to par as both sides were to operate the same aircraft.The same is not the case here as the IAF does not operate the same aircraft as us.

Its just not Indians, but US always have issues giving us their top notch systems.

El Sidd

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan has shown serious interest in Block 72.

It remains to be seen the needs of modern warfare have a place for Blk72.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Pinning posts would help here. Either Mods or Think Tanks can be allowed to pin posts that have good on topic content...
...the pinned posts show up first...while the rest of the nonsense gets buried. This way ppl wouldn't have to dig through hundreds of pages to fish for like 50 useful posts.
Bhai technically not possible. What can be done is Page 1 can be updated.

Pinnacle

Reactions
160 5 0
Country
Pakistan
Bhai technically not possible. What can be done is Page 1 can be updated.
It is possible sir if this site is custom built, if it is wordpress then i am unable to say since i haven't worked in wordpress, just one or two new columns in db would suffice

MIRauf

Reactions
242 8 0
Country
USA
If i remember correctly not even the USAF used cruise missiles on the F-16 but that was because they had other platforms that were better suited for that role

Issue is that Turkish Airforce is using / going to use SOM, so now folks want PAF F-16s to carry CMs, they just need to understand how different airforces use a platform under their based doctrine.

Nightfox

Reactions
377 3 0
Country
Pakistan
Issue is that Turkish Airforce is using / going to use SOM, so now folks want PAF F-16s to carry CMs, they just need to understand how different airforces use a platform under their based doctrine.
That's what i said when i said that there is no need to mate CMs to F-16s because we already have multiple squadrons of aircraft that are well suited to carry out the role.The only reason Turkey uses the F-16 for this role is because the F-4 cant do it