Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 3 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I really dont know how the PAF would do it, but going by how the Taiwanese did it, the oldest birds get the upgrades first. 2~4 at a time. But it all depends on the customer, and Lockheed.

Get the first batch, then do an upgrade equals to the numbers received. The current situation and what is going on Kashmir is not helping. Pakistan should probably ask China if they have anything in reserve until the upgrade gets done.

AliYusuf

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
Get the first batch, then do an upgrade equals to the numbers received. The current situation and what is going on Kashmir is not helping. Pakistan should probably ask China if they have anything in reserve until the upgrade gets done.
If the rumors of the delivery of PL-15 missiles, a few moths back, is true, then by using the Link-17 Tactical Data Link the PAF can employ LOAL via it's AWACS to attain long rage BVR supremacy in the current scenario. So, that being the case, the situation may be under control till the induction of the JF-17 Block-3 and the eagerly anticipated arrival of the F-16 Block-72. In my opinion the Viper upgrades will commence after the new Block-72s arrive.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
If the rumors of the delivery of PL-15 missiles, a few moths back, is true, then by using the Link-17 Tactical Data Link the PAF can employ LOAL via it's AWACS to attain long rage BVR supremacy in the current scenario. So, that being the case, the situation may be under control till the induction of the JF-17 Block-3 and the eagerly anticipated arrival of the F-16 Block-72. In my opinion the Viper upgrades will commence after the new Block-72s arrive.
Well the Blk72's have to be officially announced first, and deliveries wont start before mid-2021, early 2022.

The upgrades could happen before that.

AliYusuf

Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
Well the Blk72's have to be officially announced first, and deliveries wont start before mid-2021, early 2022.

The upgrades could happen before that.
Well, that would just great. Might invoke extreme nervous reaction from the eastern neighbor.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Well, that would just great. Might invoke extreme nervous reaction from the eastern neighbor.
Can you post here when Taiwan started its "V" upgrades, and when was final delivery? Include everything you can, like costs, location of upgrades etc.

AliYusuf

Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
Can you post here when Taiwan started its "V" upgrades, and when was final delivery? Include everything you can, like costs, location of upgrades etc.
I will attempt to get the exact dates and the particulars within in a few days.
But in the meanwhile, this is what I have to share ...
Taiwan Deal
Which says that 144 F-16A/B of the RoCAF will be upgraded to the V standard by 2023 at over USD 5 billion.
White House is also pushing for an USD 8 billion worth 66 brand new F-16 Block-70s and have notified Congress.
Another Link
"According to the DSCA, the proposed FMS package includes 66 F-16C/D Block 70 aircraft and associated equipment with spares and support services. This includes 75 General Electric F110 fighter engines, 75 Northrop Grumman AN/APG-83 SABR active electronically scanned array (AESA) fire-control radars, 75 Link 16 datalink systems, as well as aircraft self-defence systems including 75 L3Harris AN/ALQ-211 A(V)4 Airborne Integrated Defense Electronic Warfare Suite (AIDEWS), 75 BAE Systems AN/ALE-47 countermeasure dispensers, and 120 Raytheon ALE-50 towed decoys.
Other equipment included in the sale include 75 General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems (GDOTS) M61 20 mm Vulcan cannons, precision-guidance kits and fuzes for air-to-ground munitions, mission computers, missile rail launchers, helmet mounted displays, and other ancillary systems and expendables.
".

AliYusuf

Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
@Khafee Sahib
Details of the Upgrade of Taiwan F-16 Upgrade to V-Standard
The $5.8 billion retrofit program will upgrade 144 F-16A/B fighters Starting January 2017 ... will last 6 years till 2023.

$5.3 billion for a package that includes
APG-83 SABR Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar,
Embedded Global Positioning System
Inertial Navigation System
Terma ALQ-213 Electronic Warfare Management System.
Boeing GBU-31 GBU-38 Joint Direct Attack Munitions (JDAMs).
Lockheed AN/AAQ-33 SNIPER Targeting System Or Northrop AN/AAQ-28 LITENING Targeting System.
GBU-54 Laser-guided JDAM and the GBU-10 Enhanced PAVEWAY II or GBU-24 Enhanced PAVEWAY III.
CBU-105 Sensor Fused Weapons
Raytheon AIM-9X Sidewinder air-to-air missile.
F100-PW-229 engines as replacement to the existing ones

$500 million for F-16 training program at Luke Air Force Base, which is a continuation of a program begun during the 1990s for Taiwan's 21st Tactical Fighter Squadron based in Arizona. "The training provides a 'capstone' course that takes experienced pilots and significantly improves their tactical proficiency," said the DSCA press release. "Approximately 90 U.S. contractors will provide aircraft maintenance and logistics support for the F-16 aircraft at Luke…the prime contractor will be L-3 Communications."

Strike Eagle

Reactions
227 2 0
Country
USA
this would be great for Pakistan, especially countering the Rafales coming soon.
but I do have a question for Pakistani members here, why do Indians constantly feel threaten by Pakistan, I mean the small purchases/deals, Indians were crying about us doing a $125 Million contract in parts for the PAF F-16s, the 15 AH-1Zs. personally, at least with Pakistan we can trust them with our hardware, India can't even take care of an M4 let alone a high sophisticated aircraft.

Strike Eagle

Reactions
227 2 0
Country
USA
Insecurities

I just find it Ironic really, they have a ton insurgencies, economic problems, and much more but yet they claim they are "threatened" by Pakistan, but at the same time they always say they block Pakistan in most international security, economic meets but I find it hardly believable.

but I know what you mean by insecurities, anytime they lose an aircraft in a crash for example, they mention a foreign country's aircraft crashing, its honestly annoying

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I just find it Ironic really, they have a ton insurgencies, economic problems, and much more but yet they claim they are "threatened" by Pakistan, but at the same time they always say they block Pakistan in most international security, economic meets but I find it hardly believable.

but I know what you mean by insecurities, anytime they lose an aircraft in a crash for example, they mention a foreign country's aircraft crashing, its honestly annoying
Pakistan is a convenient boogey man, and this current Fascist regime in power is further exacerbating the situation.

Strike Eagle

Reactions
227 2 0
Country
USA
Pakistan is a convenient boogey man, and this current Fascist regime in power is further exacerbating the situation.
when it comes to Indians a good quote comes to mind
" It's always easy to blame others. you can spend your entire life blaming the world, but your successes or failures are entirely on your own"-Paulo Coelho