Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 235 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

iceman007

Reactions
231 0 0
Country
Pakistan
@Khafee bro been seeing too many Indian YouTube channels and twitter indicating Pakistan getting f-16 is the news going to be public soon that they are trying to make their people used to it?

Strike Eagle

Reactions
227 2 0
Country
USA
the F-16V Block 70/72 to PAF was more or less a Lockheed Martin stance rather then an entire DoD/FMS (Foreign Military Sale) promotion. the other thing was, PAF was considering upgrading their Block 50/52, so Lockheed also through in selling the country 18-24 F-16V Block 70/72s in order to "sweeten" the deal, so far nothing has been mention (as per my knowledge)

as for India, India sees this "tiny deal" as a threat to their security and believes that the US won't be their "partner" and such, well anyways, Indian officials visited Lockheed Martin so Lockheed Martin could begin an opportunity in India...

India invited Lockheed to modernize a huge amount of HAL facilities and promoted HAL to be a major partner in the F-21 project with them building 114 aircraft to their market, alongside an option for an additional ~74 aircraft.. Lockheed Martin also signed a contract with TATA to be the main airframe component manufacturer for the F-21, alongside this Lockheed allowed them to due this for IAF C-130Js and upcoming Sikorsky MH-60Rs for the Indian Navy, (Sikorsky is owned by LM). Lockheed also signed a contract with BEL to explore more opportunities for the F-21, I believe they were hinting at BEL manufacturing the modules for F-21 AESA...

aliraza

Reactions
753 30 0
Country
Pakistan
the lollipop indians gave to americans isn’t working anymore
indians r masters of sitting on fence and america’s aren’t exactly british to ignore it
they will not take long to show em door

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
the F-16V Block 70/72 to PAF was more or less a Lockheed Martin stance rather then an entire DoD/FMS (Foreign Military Sale) promotion. the other thing was, PAF was considering upgrading their Block 50/52, so Lockheed also through in selling the country 18-24 F-16V Block 70/72s in order to "sweeten" the deal, so far nothing has been mention (as per my knowledge)

as for India, India sees this "tiny deal" as a threat to their security and believes that the US won't be their "partner" and such, well anyways, Indian officials visited Lockheed Martin so Lockheed Martin could begin an opportunity in India...

India invited Lockheed to modernize a huge amount of HAL facilities and promoted HAL to be a major partner in the F-21 project with them building 114 aircraft to their market, alongside an option for an additional ~74 aircraft.. Lockheed Martin also signed a contract with TATA to be the main airframe component manufacturer for the F-21, alongside this Lockheed allowed them to due this for IAF C-130Js and upcoming Sikorsky MH-60Rs for the Indian Navy, (Sikorsky is owned by LM). Lockheed also signed a contract with BEL to explore more opportunities for the F-21, I believe they were hinting at BEL manufacturing the modules for F-21 AESA...
If PAF exercise for Blk72 actual requirement is 36-55 and whole current fleet to V upgrades actual requirement for blk52 before 2005 earthquake 75 jets but opted 18.

Strike Eagle

Reactions
227 2 0
Country
USA
the lollipop indians gave to americans isn’t working anymore
indians r masters of sitting on fence and america’s aren’t exactly british to ignore it
they will not take long to show em door
a lot of US Companies are beginning to withdraw from India for various reasonings, a lot of does with quality though, the quality is getting cheaper and cheaper and multiple companies are packing bags and reopening businesses back in the U.S. (expanding local operations) or moving their facilities from India to the Republic of Korea.

I believe it was Harley Davidson, Pepsi, Boeing and a few other mega giants that began leaving India for quality control issues and the fact India tried acting like their internal laws were superior to laws that were agreed upon when companies opened their facilities there. (Pepsi had a lawsuit with 4 farmers for quality production on potato chips).

on a different note though, Lockheed Martin is a "special cookie" I guess we could say, and what I mean by that is they are desperate for deals and it doesn't matter to them if it's the F-21 (a beefed up Desert Viper) or Sikorsky's MH-60R they want their main company and subsidiaries to win contracts, and major contracts which is why they are teaming up with ~3 Indian companies to get this F-21 sold into the Indian market, that said they believe this will lead to a longer path of India buying the F-35A and F-35B (F-35B for their Carriers).

Strike Eagle

Reactions
227 2 0
Country
USA
If PAF exercise for Blk72 actual requirement is 36-55 and whole current fleet to V upgrades actual requirement for blk52 before 2005 earthquake 75 jets but opted 18.
I wouldn't have a problem upgrading PAF's Block 52 fleet and adding onto the Block 70/72 fleet as long as it meant we didn't give India the F-21 :)

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
I wouldn't have a problem upgrading PAF's Block 52 fleet and adding onto the Block 70/72 fleet as long as it meant we didn't give India the F-21 :)
Agree I doubt india will opted F21 they opting more Rafale which make sence along local Teja MK1 and MK2 with this also spending money on 5th Gen there is little room left for F21.

Strike Eagle

Reactions
227 2 0
Country
USA
Agree I doubt india will opted F21 they opting more Rafale which make sence along local Teja MK1 and MK2 with this also spending money on 5th Gen there is little room left for F21.
while I do agree, I have a feeling they won't buy the F-21 themselves since they are focused on the Tejas MK2 and ORCA alongside putting money into the AMCA and looking at additional Rafales, however with India I also wouldn't put it past them to buy the F-21 (even if it was ~60 jets) just to make a political stand point... India seems to be getting more and more desperate in buying weapons just to make political stances..

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
while I do agree, I have a feeling they won't buy the F-21 themselves since they are focused on the Tejas MK2 and ORCA alongside putting money into the AMCA and looking at additional Rafales, however with India I also wouldn't put it past them to buy the F-21 (even if it was ~60 jets) just to make a political stand point... India seems to be getting more and more desperate in buying weapons just to make political stances..
They are clever bunch they only buying transport Helis and planes from US only offensive weapons they bought P8 a d AH64 rest they relied on France.
I read airforce secretary said at opening second line at Greenville we are close to seal a deal with two partners for Blk72/70 let's see who they are?
There is only loyal consumer from subcontinent for vipers its Pakistan they love it and will procure more if they got chance

Last edited:

Strike Eagle

Reactions
227 2 0
Country
USA
They are clever bunch they only buying transport Helis and planes from US only offensive weapons they bought P8 a d AH64 rest they relied on France.
I read airforce secretary said at opening second line at Greenville we are close to seal a deal with two partners for Blk72/70 let's see who they are?
There is only loyal consumer from subcontinent for vipers its Pakistan they love it and will procure more if they got chance
India only backs the French so significantly because France has backed them in various political movements such as India's joining the MTCR, Blocked China on their Jammu & Kashmir issue and a few other hot topics

they are using the French more so then ever, France has set various joint production and will sell them basically any weapon, however France is just like Russia, sell to whoever has the money to afford the equipment.

as for the new F-16 Block 70/72 production line yes, its only for foreign militaries and they plan to build ~130 by 2026, PAF is probably a high candidate.. however I won't lie, US would deliver F-16s to PAF if they see a chance of Pakistan coming back into the "US Sphere" influence so to speak instead of the current China-Pakistan relationship growing, specifically due to CPEC.

remember the US liked Pakistan as a counterbalance against India too, and they were a good partner during our operation in Afghanistan, receiving a lot of our weapons we were getting rid of over there too.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
India only backs the French so significantly because France has backed them in various political movements such as India's joining the MTCR, Blocked China on their Jammu & Kashmir issue and a few other hot topics

they are using the French more so then ever, France has set various joint production and will sell them basically any weapon, however France is just like Russia, sell to whoever has the money to afford the equipment.

as for the new F-16 Block 70/72 production line yes, its only for foreign militaries and they plan to build ~130 by 2026, PAF is probably a high candidate.. however I won't lie, US would deliver F-16s to PAF if they see a chance of Pakistan coming back into the "US Sphere" influence so to speak instead of the current China-Pakistan relationship growing, specifically due to CPEC.

remember the US liked Pakistan as a counterbalance against India too, and they were a good partner during our operation in Afghanistan, receiving a lot of our weapons we were getting rid of over there too.
I doubt about it Pakistan will try to make a balance between China and US there is no zero sum game in Geo politics if US offers trade investment and weapons Pakistan will pursue that offer we 70yrs friendship with US and also historic friendship with China and nobody in Pakistan wants to sacrifice one over other.
US must come with economic plan in Pakistan and stop looking everything through security and Afghan lence.

Strike Eagle

Reactions
227 2 0
Country
USA
I doubt about it Pakistan will try to make a balance between China and US there is no zero sum game in Geo politics if US offers trade investment and weapons Pakistan will pursue that offer we 70yrs friendship with US and also historic friendship with China and nobody in Pakistan wants to sacrifice one over other.
US must come with economic plan in Pakistan and stop looking everything through security and Afghan lence.
to be honest, I highly agree with this, we need to quit focusing and basing the Islamabad-Washington relationship solely based on the Afghanistan campaign, and grow stronger political, economical and defense ties with Pakistan.

I highly dislike this, "Let's back India" attitude, India is still considered a new weapon buyer for us alongside a new partner, politically, economically and of course militarily. India is taking it to advantage and we haven't opened our own eyes to see India is playing us like a fiddle to build their forces up to turn around and become a future enemy.

Last edited:

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Without going into the very specifics, i say onus of missing US investments is on Pakistan.
As you have read above in post of @Strike Eagle, US private investors are quitting India due to quality and (industrial) culture issues, situation won't be different in Pakistan, unless Pakistan start investing heavily in skill development in tune with international standards, where one prerequisite is to enforce international standards locally, for which we need to build institutions etc.... Until today, Pakistan has heavily relied on GCC to gain quality work force, aware of international standards and regulations.

In any case, all US investments shall be welcomed and agreements shall be honored, but again here as well Pakistani politicians do not have good reputation... neither Pakistan embassy in US is known for reaching out to US private investors.
On ground, Pakistan is having difficulties to get Turkish helis because of engines from US listed company. In given circumstances, we shall not even dream about companies like LHM landing in Pakistan.

The business which Pakistan manage to execute with US is strictly based on leverage, which Pakistan may have in executing US state policy in the region, in any given geo political situation, but than as stated by some US insider ...Pakistani (politicians) can sell their mother for US visa, but obviously US will not limit their control measures over Pakistan's ruling circle to simple visa carrot. As a hint, US have humongous presence in Islamabad diplomatic enclave, guess in which $hit they are not involved in... but their main interests is in northern areas. Let's see who from PTI come forward with idea to withdraw checks on foreign visitors.

Last edited: