Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 250 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

War Historian

THINK TANK
Reactions
780 36 0
Country
Pakistan
Lets wait and see what they actually get. With Turkey's TFX progressing, and them buying subsystems including engines from Russia, lets see how this goes.
Sir for TFX , earlier there was American GE engines for prototype and Rolls-Royce was agree for co development of a new engine specially designed for TFX. But latter i think British Quit from development because of intellectual property rights issue. Because Turks want the intellectual property rights of that engine but British were not ready for that, they were only agree to give production licence to Turks. Therefore deal collapse before the development of new engine.
So now Russian are in for engines, but i think Russian would also not transfer any technology related to the engines.
But they can do a joint venture with Ukrainian's Sich motor for that purpose, they short of money. Any handsome offer can brings Ukrainians on the table. And could be game changer for Turks in a long run

What's your opinion Sir @Khafee.
Thanks.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Sir for TFX , earlier there was American GE engines for prototype and Rolls-Royce was agree for co development of a new engine specially designed for TFX. But latter i think British Quit from development because of intellectual property rights issue. Because Turks want the intellectual property rights of that engine but British were not ready for that, they were only agree to give production licence to Turks. Therefore deal collapse before the development of new engine.
So now Russian are in for engines, but i think Russian would also not transfer any technology related to the engines.
But they can do a joint venture with Ukrainian's Sich motor for that purpose, they short of money. Any handsome offer can brings Ukrainians on the table. And could be game changer for Turks in a long run

Thanks.
Sich can offer them only much. Turkey can only try their luck with US or RR. TFX would be a failure otherwise.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan

Thanks.

I doubt Turkey declined any offer of co-development and manufacturing of new engine, because they felt technology transfer was missing.
If country like Turkey or Pakistan is producing engines parts locally, assembling and over hauling them locally, this is enough of technology transfer, any more in depth knowledge is at academic level, which is public domain. Any one is free to hire scientists and develop advance technologies, followed by engineering. These days we have SW tools to assist in design engineering, may be some of those SW tools were kept off limits from Turkish engineers.
Than there's another path of owning technology, i.e. buy the companies if available for sale, or fund any new development, recent example from UAE are development of blk-70 and SU-57. Saudi Arabia venturing missile domain with Denel experienced engineers.

Last edited:

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
I doubt Turkey declined any offer of co-development and manufacturing of new engine, because they felt technology transfer was missing.
If country like Turkey or Pakistan is producing engines parts locally, assembling and over hauling them locally, this is enough of technology transfer, any more in depth knowledge is at academic level, which is public domain. Any one is free to hire scientists and develop advance technologies, followed by engineering. These days we have SW tools to assist in design engineering, may be some of those SW tools were kept off limits from Turkish engineers.
Than there's another path of owning technology, i.e. buy the companies if available for sale, or fund any new development, recent example from UAE are development of blk-70 and SU-57. Saudi Arabia venturing missile domain with Denel experienced engineers.
Biggest secret / IP in gas turbine manufacturing is the metallurgical composition and then fabrication of turbine/compressor blades.
Why do you think China has struggled in building engines up till now?

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
Biggest secret / IP in gas turbine manufacturing is the metallurgical composition and then fabrication of turbine/compressor blades.
Why do you think China has struggled in building engines up till now?
Blades are the key in a engine and for them to be perfect you need the get the best metallurgical composition, and yes you are right Chinese have struggled, even the Russian's have not been able to built a robust engine like the USA

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0

Thanks.
With what happened with the T129, if they want to export, they are best going with a non-western supplier. Motor Sich wont do anything to upset the west, besides as far as I know they do not have an engine in that category. Developing a new one would take time.

Pakistan is exploring options on the understanding that the engine will be from Russia.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Why are so many people in denial, when a new air base is being built next to Shahbaz, and there is an increase in TST personnel, not to mention the upgrades at TAI ?

People who claim to be very knowledgeable, but are in denial mode will just make a U turn and state, "we knew all along" or due to "national security" . Sorry, since you went so far out of your way to deny the obvious, you will still look like fools |0| Try harder next time.

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
question for @Khafee

1) If I attend all 5 days of the Dubai Air Show, will I know the complete order book of major defence suppliers?

2) Are we expecting any deliveries before the end of this month at AFB Shahbaz?

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
question for @Khafee

1) If I attend all 5 days of the Dubai Air Show, will I know the complete order book of major defence suppliers?

2) Are we expecting any deliveries before the end of this month at AFB Shahbaz?
Dear Brother,

1) Forget being a defence enthusiast, Even if you are a respectable journalist, you will get jack. Why would any decent defence corporation tell YOU anything and jeopardize their relationship with a multi-billion US$ customer? Who are you?

2) InShaAllah within the next one week two new D's from South Carolina, and next month 4 or 6 from TAI. I have to re-check.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
Since US & Pakistan reached an understanding about Afghanistan Good chance is more AH1z PAA will procure as Pakistan will take kinetic action againt ISIS in Afghanistan So more intel, Vipers and zulus for Pakistan are part of deal US will do surveillance only through air corridor

War Historian

THINK TANK
Reactions
780 36 0
Country
Pakistan
Dear Brother,

1) Forget being a defence enthusiast, Even if you are a respectable journalist, you will get jack. Why would any decent defence corporation tell YOU anything and jeopardize their relationship with a multi-billion US$ customer? Who are you?

2) InShaAllah within the next one week two new D's from South Carolina, and next month 4 or 6 from TAI. I have to re-check.
Ma Sha Allah, Sir very good news. I hope we will see these birds in near future. Ameen.

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
So I was just looking at PAF Shahbaz using regular google maps. Don't know when the images were updated (says 2021). But you see 55+ HAS and another 6-8 being constructed. Surprisingly no fighters on the flight lines. Just 2 C-130s and AW-139 on the apron.

Other than 5 sqn , is 19 sqn also deployed at Shahbaz or Bholari? Any other Mirage sqns?

55+ HAS just for 1 sqn? hmm

shahbaz.jpg