Pakistan signs deal with China for six patrol craft

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
Farhan Bokhari, Islamabad - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
11 June 2015

China has signed a contract with Pakistan to supply six patrol boats to step up its surveillance of the northern Arabian Sea.

Although a price for the contract has not been released, a senior Pakistani government official said that "at least USD130 million" has been set aside for the purchase. The vessels will be operated by Pakistan's Maritime Security Agency, which is run by the navy.

A formal agreement for the sale was signed on 10 June at the Ministry of Defence Production in Rawalpindi between the Pakistani government and China Ship Trading Company (CSTS), according to the Pakistani official.
Pakistan signs deal with China for six patrol craft - IHS Jane's 360

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I thought Pakistan defense industry is matured! @Zarvan

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I'm quite surprised that China is now selling patrol boats. Pardon me but my impression of Chinese products is not that good since quality is not their virtue and durability is not in their menu. Last week we were in a hardware and my husband was looking at solar panels priced cheaply. We did not consider because it is made in China. Most of the products that we bought that were made in China did not last. So that patrol boats may not last a year.