Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Pakistan successfully tests Ra’ad cruise missile: ISPR

569e57489c716.jpg

RAWALPINDI: Pakistan on Tuesday conducted a successful flight test of the indigenously developed Air Launched Cruise Missile (ALCM) – Ra’ad – said the military’s media wing in a statement.

The flight test of the cruise missile, which is also known as Hatf VIII, was the seventh since it was first tested in 2007.

It is essentially a flying bomb, generally designed to carry a large conventional or nuclear warhead many hundreds of miles with high accuracy. Modern cruise missiles can travel at supersonic or high subsonic speed.

These guided missiles are self-navigating and fly on a non-ballistic very low altitude trajectory in order to avoid radar detection.

The most common mission for cruise missiles is to attack relatively high value targets such as ships, command bunkers, bridges and dams. The modern guidance system permits precise attacks.

The Inter-Services Public Relations said Ra’ad, with a range of 350km, “enables Pakistan to achieve air delivered strategic standoff capability on land and at sea.” The missile is approximately five metres long and could weigh up to 1,000kg.

Special “terrain hugging low level flight maneuvers enable it to avoid detection and engagement by contemporary air defence systems,” the statement added.

Cruise technology is extremely complex and has been developed by only a few countries in the world.

The president and the prime minister congratulated the scientists and engineers behind the development for their outstanding achievement on the successful flight test of Ra’ad.

Director General Strategic Plans Division, Lt Gen Mazhar Jamil, termed the success a major step towards complementing Pakistan’s deterrence capability.

He said achievement of “this milestone will surely enhance strategic stability and contribute to peace in the region.”

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Great achievement. >|>|

I hope we can get the land attack cruise missile Babur :

437933-baburispr-1347863627-658-640x480.jpg

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Great achievement. >|>|

I hope we can get the land attack cruise missile Babur :

437933-baburispr-1347863627-658-640x480.jpg

I think that beyond 300km is not for sale so forget it man.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Pardon me for asking this. Is this cruise missile one of the reasons why India is quiet on the forefront? Last year I had read an item about the skirmishes in the Indian border with Pakistan. That quarrel is historical in nature and it seems to persist because the closure to the separation of the 2 countries was not very clear. But lately India is missing in the issue particularly about this missile testing.