Pakistan to buy Chinese attack helicopters if Turkey and US fail to deliver | World Defense

Pakistan to buy Chinese attack helicopters if Turkey and US fail to deliver

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Pakistan to buy Chinese attack helicopters if Turkey and US fail to deliver

z-10.jpg

Pakistan will procure the Chinese-built Z-10 attack helicopter if Turkey and the United States fail to deliver on their orders of the T-129 and AH-1Z respectively, a senior offer said on 26 February.

Speaking at the IQPC International Military Helicopter conference in London, the commander of Pakistan's Army Aviation, Major General Syed Najeeb Ahmed, said that the Changhe Aircraft Industries Corporation (CAIC) Z-10ME "remains an option" if the Turkish Aerospace T-129 and Bell AH-1Z Viper prove to be unobtainable for different reasons.

The Pakistan Army has a pressing need to replace its 32 ageing Bell AH-1 Cobra helicopters that have been in service for more than 30 years, with Gen Ahmed's predecessor, Major General Nasir D Shah, telling Jane's and other defence media in January 2018, "The AH-1 helicopters have provided effective close support for our ground forces engaged in counterinsurgency [COIN] operations, but they cannot be employed effectively in high-altitude operations above 8,000 ft."

In the near-term, the army partially offset these limitations with the four Mil Mi-35s that it ordered from Russian some years ago, and which were delivered to the country in late 2017. Further to the Mi-35s, it evaluated the AH-1Z, T-129, and the Z-10 attack helicopters.

In January 2016 it was announced that Bell had been awarded a contract for 12 AH-1Zs, and in April 2017 Jane's reported that the first three of 12 would be delivered in mid‐2017, with a second order to follow. However, the aircraft were yet to be delivered, and while there has been no official statement concerning reasons for delay it is understood to result from the current strained Pakistan-US relations.

safriz

Reactions
292 11 0
Country
Pakistan
Yes always keep alternatives.
The west doesn't want us to have a strong army and will do anything to weaken our defenses while selling everything to India.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Yes always keep alternatives.
The west doesn't want us to have a strong army and will do anything to weaken our defenses while selling everything to India.

Pakistan has another alternative which is the Mi 28.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan has another alternative which is the Mi 28.
We already procuring Mi35s Z10ME is better choice pretty much offer same capabilities what Apachi offers we can procure in bulk of numbers since ME got up gradation in light of PAA recommendations after Z10 trials.

Malik -M.D

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Canada
I was reading that US put new militiary restrictions. Now will, Turkey be able to provide Turkish T129 ATAK ?
In that senerios , will Pakistan try to buy Z-20 helicopter from China ?
Is there any confirmation that Pakistan is buying J-10 C or similar jet frighters from China and Russia (SU-35) ??

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
I was reading that US put new militiary restrictions. Now will, Turkey be able to provide Turkish T129 ATAK ?
Is there any confirmation that Pakistan is buying J-10 C or similar jet frighters from China and Russia (SU-35) ??
Better wait for turkish engine will take 2 yrs and PAA can switch to ATAK2 instead of ATAK can have Z10 ME as stop gap but at moment we are not in rush so we are ok

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
the Z-10 deal and Pakistan has been off and on since 2015, ever since Pakistan expressed interest and "officially" acquired the AH-1Z Vipers until Trump blocked that go ahead by cutting defence aid towards Pakistan.

the further evaluated the Z-10 in Pakistan but seen it as underpowered and not as heavily armored so they wanted the Chinese to work out this minor problems, and which the Chinese unveiled the Z-10ME (from what I been hearing China has offered the Z-10ME to built under license in Pakistan)

as for the T-129, they expressed interest in a number of modern Turkish defence systems, the problem has however been on Turkey to build their own local indigenous engine, relying on Germany, France, Ukraine and now South Korea to help them develop their own engine.

and with India building by buying AH-64EI Apaches next door as well as buying 464 T-90MS MBTs, Pakistan might have to reconsider accepting the Z-10ME to fulfill their attack helicopter requirement + tank hunter needs.

Malik -M.D

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Canada
Thank you. Pakistan army need latest 5/ 4++ Gen. jet fighters, Helicopters, Missiles, to counter India in the war, next door.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Thank you. Pakistan army need latest 5/ 4++ Gen. jet fighters, Helicopters, Missiles, to counter India in the war, next door.

If we had leaders like Azerbaijan on 27th February, Kashmir would be free today and India would not be a military threat.

Though it was a life time opportunity, Irani puppets in Pakistan prevented us to exploit it.

On 27th February, ruling party and cowards on shia forums were selling fear of war openly and shamelessly.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan

Pakistan have no other alternative choice besides Z-10.
However, i believe it's equally challenging for US to push Pakistan to Chinese lap.
Pakistan should negotiate waiver from US sanctions. Just like India was awarded waiver by US for doing trade and with Iran.

Malik -M.D

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Canada
BATMAN-SENIOR MEMBER.
I totally agree with you. Today Pakistan is nuclear power just because India forced to make nuke. Today Pakistan is making 4.5 gen JF17 which US forced Pakistan to make its own jet. That is why scholars said,
"""Necessity is mother of inventions""

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
BATMAN-SENIOR MEMBER.
I totally agree with you. Today Pakistan is nuclear power just because India forced to make nuke. Today Pakistan is making 4.5 gen JF17 which US forced Pakistan to make its own jet. That is why scholars said,
"""Necessity is mother of inventions""
A good leadership can accelerate development and growth, while poor leadership can sink even already developed nation.

We can only discuss our wish list here, neither we have cash and neither we have means to pay back loans.

If China wasn't share holder with jF-17, Zardari would have closed the production, while Imran Khan would have sold the sheds or turned those into mandir for hindus.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
A good leadership can accelerate development and growth, while poor leadership can sink even already developed nation.

We can only discuss our wish list here, neither we have cash and neither we have means to pay back loans.

If China wasn't share holder with jF-17, Zardari would have closed the production, while Imran Khan would have sold the sheds or turned those into mandir for hindus.
Well said, just like how Nawaz and his haram khors looted Pakistan but its not them that should be blamed. Its the pea for brains that go around praising their master Nawaz, their God.

I wonder how many times a day do you pray to your God nawaz? I would like to study your kinds rituals further.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
If we had leaders like Azerbaijan on 27th February, Kashmir would be free today and India would not be a military threat.

Though it was a life time opportunity, Irani puppets in Pakistan prevented us to exploit it.

On 27th February, ruling party and cowards on shia forums were selling fear of war openly and shamelessly.
If Nawaz was on power im sure he would have invited modi to lahore and served him tea again. Heck he might have even given him his daughter, just like he did to the Arabs.

How is your God, Nawaz doing lately? I heard he was seen having some healthy pizza.