Pakistan to possibly get F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 186 | World Defense

Pakistan to possibly get F16 -Blk70/72

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,101 96
Country
Pakistan
IMO it would be ideal if they do that. It means less bang for their buck(Rafale being expensive). No doubt their will be massive kickbacks involved...which will further squander the money. The cherry on top would be that they would piss off US(and Trump). Then once they are operating a sizable quantity of Rafales...the French will have them by the balls...squeezing them dry with expensive maintenance, spares, and any further upgrades.

In contrast if they were to buckle under US pressure...and let's say IN goes for F18s rather than naval Rafale. In that case the only good outcome for Pak is that it creates further hodge podge of fighter jets...rather than creating synergy between IAF and IN. The bad news would be a closer India/US partnership and the fact that F18(latest variant) is a very formidable jet. So it would be my preference that India sticks with Rafale.
India buys a lot of hardware from the US even if they didn't opt for any jets - Apaches, Chinooks, Sea Hawks, IADWS and M777s.

Armchair

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,547 56
Country
Bangladesh
Various news outlets now talking about F-35 for India as a potential deal. Search Google News with F-35 and "India". This wasn't there 2 weeks ago. Perhaps not even 1 week ago. Keep watching this space, this number will only go up after November. I am just hoping the US election delays Indian acquisition efforts.

Salza

Reactions
Country
Pakistan
Various news outlets now talking about F-35 for India as a potential deal. Search Google News with F-35 and "India". This wasn't there 2 weeks ago. Perhaps not even 1 week ago. Keep watching this space, this number will only go up after November. I am just hoping the US election delays Indian acquisition efforts.
Suggestion because of Indian spanking by Chinese. This won't be happening soon.

Mingle

Reactions
1,440 5
Country
Pakistan
It's all Indian chatter because they are desperate first ledder for F35 is F16 also US companies looking business are Boeing formost since LM is doing fine I doubt india will go F35 even if its long waiting time

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,852 58
Country
Pakistan

Hi,

India will step back into " SLAVERY" after it has bought the F-35's---.

No more free indian nation---.

Araz

Reactions
191 1
Country
United Kingdom
Not likely to happen this side pf 2030 if at all. Indians are not going to fall for this ploy from the US. Alright to buy choppers, C130s and P8i but not a fighter jet.
A

Armchair

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,547 56
Country
Bangladesh
I see cognitive dissonance - my Pakistani friends hoping (dreaming, fantasizing) for F-16s but thinking F-35s are entrapment, a ploy, a slave contract. Which is it? You can't have the cake and eat it too...

Zeeman

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,661 79
Country
Pakistan
I see cognitive dissonance - my Pakistani friends hoping (dreaming, fantasizing) for F-16s but thinking F-35s are entrapment, a ploy, a slave contract. Which is it? You can't have the cake and eat it too...

It will not be an issue of American offer or Indian acceptance but of Indian arrogance. Modi has claimed moon and stars for India. His made in India claim is a complete disaster. French are more accommodating and just to please India they have added some made in India components to Rafael. No country likes to devalue their product by using inferior tech or parts.

Now do you thing Americans will allow Indian to tinker with their F35? do you think they will give source codes to India to integrate their parts and weapons into their latest plane?
The answer is simply NO.

and Modi is in no shape financially or politically to purchase yet another completely new weapon system which will cost astronomical amounts and add yet another aircraft to their existing seven different types of fighter aircrafts.