Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 184 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

Blackbirdz!

Reactions
218 7 0
Country
Pakistan
Besides the obvious tech advantage, there would have been the training, and spares availablity as well. But some where, some one, screwed up big time.
i think it was AVM Shahid Latif, (the jf17 guy) who was the incharge of procuring those.........it is his signature on that contract.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
i think it was AVM Shahid Latif, (the jf17 guy) who was the incharge of procuring those.........it is his signature on that contract.
Point No.3

Blackbirdz!

Reactions
218 7 0
Country
Pakistan
Sir,

1) IF congress was going to say NO, so be it, what was the harm in trying? All they would do is say "NO", they wouldn't kill you! Besides being a Major Non-NATO Ally "could" Congress afford to say no? I dont think so. I feel Mushy severely under sold Pakistan.

2) Again being a Major Non-NATO Ally, meant shoving the cost down the throat, of those on whose behalf this mess was created. PAF should have shamelessly asked for 250 Blk60's and settled for 125 (:-)

3) After doing all the hard work on my end, I was severely disappointed as expected, but I did not stop digging as to why Pakistan said no. Nonetheless my understanding is, that in order to do with the "bare minimum" to save critical funds, someone higher than PAF, made the call.

Best Regards
i think you are being nice:)

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
The problem with Analysts is, 99% of their analysis, is based on open source Intel. Secondly, without knowing who the other person is, a diplomatic answer usually suffices.

Personally, with the number of times you have hit bulls eye, and are often close to reality, given your (knowing / unknowing) interactions with serving officers, YOU would be a much better Analyst.

Thanks Khafee. I'll try taking this more seriously than a pass-time.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
Things are on track. The Tiawanese deal is done, so now they are working on the PAF ones. They are quite ,because of the village idiot who lives next to you, otherwise it would have been announced much earlier. Once the green light comes from Congress, they will issue a DSCA notification

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200713-001228_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200713-001228_Chrome.jpg
    724.6 KB · Views: 87