Paramilitary organizations & training camps | World Defense

Paramilitary organizations & training camps

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
There are militia groups here in the US that civilians join for military training. I have often thought of joining one of these groups because I feel that these groups are a great way for me to defend my nation without having to join the actual military.

Do you have militia groups in your country and/or would you consider joining them for the defense of your country?

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
The milita is like a part time military where you are expected to follow military regulations while in uniform. In the event of an emergency you can be called out, and you have to show up or you go to jail. Depending on the country, milita units can be called to active service, check up on this. I think some National Guard units where used in Vietnam.

If you like a sense of adventure, pushing yourself, the military is a good organization to join.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
The milita is like a part time military where you are expected to follow military regulations while in uniform. In the event of an emergency you can be called out, and you have to show up or you go to jail. Depending on the country, milita units can be called to active service, check up on this. I think some National Guard units where used in Vietnam.

If you like a sense of adventure, pushing yourself, the military is a good organization to join.

Not all militia groups are like that. The ones here in the US are pretty much armed citizens with training. Beyond that, they fight if they want to fight, they don't if they don't.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
There are militia groups here in the US that civilians join for military training. I have often thought of joining one of these groups because I feel that these groups are a great way for me to defend my nation without having to join the actual military.

Do you have militia groups in your country and/or would you consider joining them for the defense of your country?

You will have to stop smoking pot first.:)D

In all seriousness, who will ever dare to attack the US! You don't need to engage in military training whatsoever. The US army is superior to any other army you would think of.

maroondaffy

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
From my understanding, militias are rarely called to active duty, and are mainly used for domestic unrest. I say if that's what you're interested in (and don't want to join the military), join the police force or volunteer for an organization. This way, you are used more consistently and often.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
From my understanding, militias are rarely called to active duty, and are mainly used for domestic unrest. I say if that's what you're interested in (and don't want to join the military), join the police force or volunteer for an organization. This way, you are used more consistently and often.

That is not militia, that is the reserves. The militia are not government run or sanctioned.

timelord731

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
I guess. It seems like sort of a cop out. If you really want to protect, then serve.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
I guess. It seems like sort of a cop out. If you really want to protect, then serve.

Not everyone can. That is why they going groups like the militia. My boyfriend is a prime example. They denied him joining because of his feet and legs. He wanted in the military so bad. He even went through ROTC. When he went to enlist for the Marines, he was so anxious he wasn't paying attention and did not concentrate on his walking and they caught him. He was ALMOST in. But because he is slew footed and bow legged, they denied him.

CivilDefense

Reactions
12 1 0
Country
USA
I would be vary leery of these "militia" groups in the United States. Many of them hold some politically extreme notions and/or may be involved with illicit activities. I'm not saying they all are, of course, just be careful.

That said; if you are interested in serving your country outside of the armed forces, there are a lot of options. Most police agencies have a reserve or auxiliary. There are emergency management and civil defense organizations. There is water safety auxiliaries. Not to mention the hundreds of charities out there that need personnel.

Good luck.