Paris terror attacks ISIS | World Defense

Paris terror attacks ISIS

revolution

Reactions
25 2 0
Country
Sweden

Islamic State has claimed responsibility for a bloody wave of bombings and shootings across Paris that left nearly 130 people dead and which the French president, François Hollande, denounced as an “act of war” that must be countered “mercilessly”.

Police reported that at least 128 people had been killed and up to 300 more injured – including 80 critically – in the six attacks, France’s deadliest since the second world war and the worst witnessed in Europe since the 2004 Madrid railway bombings.

Eight militants also died, seven in suicide bombings and one from police gunshot wounds. Police sources told French media that at least one of the fighters, a French national, had been identified by his fingerprints and was known to security services; a Syrian and an Egyptian passport were found close to the bodies of two others, but it was not yet clear that they belonged to the killers.

Isis said it had dispatched the jihadis, wearing suicide bomb belts and carrying machine guns, across the French capital on Friday night in a “blessed attack on... crusader France”. The “carefully selected” sites and coordinated nature of the attacks were intended, it said, to show that France would remain one of its main targets as long as its present policies continue.

“France and those who follow her voice must know that they remain the main target of Islamic State and that they will continue to smell the odour of death for having led the crusade, for having dared to insult our prophet, for having boasted of fighting Islam in France and striking Muslims in the caliphate with their planes,” the group said in a statement.

The Swedish, Belgian and Romanian governments said their citizens were among those who died and there were fears a British man had also lost his life. Frantic friends and relatives mounted a desperate social media search to identify victims, with few details of their identities yet confirmed.

Hollande described the attacks as cowardly and “an act of war” that had been carefully “prepared, organised and planned from outside the country by Islamic State, but with help from inside”. The president added: “We will be merciless toward the barbarians of Islamic State group. Faced with war, the country must take appropriate action.” But he but did not say what form that action might take.

These were attacks “against France, against the values that we defend everywhere in the world, against what we are: a free country that means something to the whole planet”, Hollande said, calling for “unity and courage”. France would observe three days of official mourning, he added.

Under the first national state of emergency to be declared in France since 1961, an extra 1,500 soldiers were mobilised to reinforce police in Paris, Hollande’s office said. All Saturday’s sports events in the French capital were cancelled, major shops, department stores, museums and tourist sites – including the Louvre, Eiffel Tower and Disneyland – stayed closed, and several metro stations were also shut.

No arrests were announced in Paris, and a spokeswoman for the public prosecutor’s office, Agnès Thibault-Lecuivre, said authorities couldn’t rule out the possibility that other militants involved in the attack remained at large. Police said they were were screening hours of CCTV footage from the six locations where the attacks took place.

In southern Germany, the Bavarian state premier, Horst Seehofer, said there was reason to believe that a man arrested last week during a routine motorway check with “many machine guns, revolvers and explosives” in his car might be linked to the attacks.

Islamic State also released an undated video on Saturday calling on Muslims to continue attacking France. Its foreign media arm, Al-Hayat Media Centre, filmed a number of militants – apparently French citizens – sitting cross-legged in an unidentified location and burning their passports.

“As long as you keep bombing you will not live in peace. You will even fear travelling to the market,” one of the militants, identified as “Abu Maryam the Frenchman”, told the camera. Addressing his fellow jihadis, he said: “Indeed, you have been ordered to fight the infidel wherever you find him. What are you waiting for? There are weapons and cars available and targets ready to be hit.”

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Another tragedy. Another war. Somehow these one stroke the media much more than other ones because i suppose casualties in France are more important than elsewhere. That is just the propaganda statement and it does not mean i do not feel sorry for what happened. It is another terrible thing and i think it want be the last. I just cannot help to ask myself a question. How come authorities did not see this coming. It is a number of 100 organized terrorists. I believe that we all can assume how police work. Someone would hear about something. It was not a one man job. I can't understand this and i would really like to. I think this is a question that should have NATO in the answer. We are talking about 100 people with guns and explosives. I do not believe that Paris Police is that blind and bad in what they do. I actually think the opposite.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Another tragedy. Another war. Somehow these one stroke the media much more than other ones because i suppose casualties in France are more important than elsewhere. That is just the propaganda statement and it does not mean i do not feel sorry for what happened. It is another terrible thing and i think it want be the last. I just cannot help to ask myself a question. How come authorities did not see this coming. It is a number of 100 organized terrorists. I believe that we all can assume how police work. Someone would hear about something. It was not a one man job. I can't understand this and i would really like to. I think this is a question that should have NATO in the answer. We are talking about 100 people with guns and explosives. I do not believe that Paris Police is that blind and bad in what they do. I actually think the opposite.

I'm shocked at how they came from Syria through Turkey and several European countries before reaching France. Is that even possible? Every single country they crossed has no border control at all? I agree French intelligence is up there, in the US buying fully automatic machine gun is red line and authorities will be watching you. Once you start purchasing materials for explosives you are done, any excessive quantity and you will be reported to authorities. I don't know how you can make suicide belt with no body noticing. The number of gunmen were 9 then one apparently escaped or something.

Susimi

Reactions
55 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Such a terrible tragedy to happen.

Reports are saying one of the attacks had a Syrian passport on them but there are also other unreliable sources claiming the passport was a mock-up. Whatever the truth is there does need to be stricter controls along the borders after this incident.

The latest the BBC is reporting is that one of the attackers is on the run.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Pres Hollande of France has declared war against the perpetrators of the sneak attacks in Paris that killed more than 100 innocent civilians who had nothing to do with the politics of ths so called Jihadists. Until now I still can't get over the logic that such attacks were committed for the sake of their religion. Does that mean Islam is the religion that tolerates, no maybe encourages is the better word, so is it a religion that encourages their adherents to commit murder?

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Pres Hollande of France has declared war against the perpetrators of the sneak attacks in Paris that killed more than 100 innocent civilians who had nothing to do with the politics of ths so called Jihadists. Until now I still can't get over the logic that such attacks were committed for the sake of their religion. Does that mean Islam is the religion that tolerates, no maybe encourages is the better word, so is it a religion that encourages their adherents to commit murder?

Where did they say the attack was committed for religious purposes, idiot? You're starting to sound like someone who hates Muslims.

Gabriel92

Professional
Reactions
676 14 0
Country
France
Where did they say the attack was committed for religious purposes, idiot? You're starting to sound like someone who hates Muslims.

Ok so,guys shouting "Allah Akbar",saying "it is for Syria"............ Saying "Hollande shouldn't have go there".........
*cough*.
Meh,after all it's our fault,we are just a foreign nation going to kill SUNNI MUSLIMS and again our fault because we declared WAR on ISIS.....
It's just the consequence of us bombing your fri........ sorry,the terrorists of ISIS.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Ok so,guys shouting "Allah Akbar",saying "it is for Syria"............ Saying "Hollande shouldn't have go there".........
*cough*.
Meh,after all it's our fault,we are just a foreign nation going to kill SUNNI MUSLIMS and again our fault because we declared WAR on ISIS.....
It's just the consequence of us bombing your fri........ sorry,the terrorists of ISIS.

Yes it is your fault, they didn't even know what France was before France joined and attacked. Westerners must understand that they have to end all military campaigns in the region which have been going on since early 1900s and haven't slowed down. Muslims are losing many lives because for some odd reason westerners have interest in destroying our countries and targeting us.

If US and the rest of the crew including Arab nations continue being stubborn then they had it coming.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Until now I still can't get over the logic that such attacks were committed for the sake of their religion.
The attacks were retaliatory in nature. Blood for blood kind of logic but targeting civilians who aren't responsible is a cowardly act nonetheless. For the terrorists though, it's war and anything goes . . .
Does that mean Islam is the religion that tolerates, no maybe encourages is the better word, so is it a religion that encourages their adherents to commit murder?
No. Lots of Muslims don't condone the actions of terrorists.

Muslims Worldwide Denounce ISIS Terrorism - World News - Israel News - Haaretz Israeli News Source
In tweets, in street gatherings and in open letters, moderate Muslims around the world are insisting that Islamic State extremists don't speak for their religion. Many are also frustrated that anyone might think they do, and a backlash has already begun.

The head of France's largest mosque called for Muslims to rally Friday in Paris to condemn Gourdel's slaying and show unity against terrorism, saying Islamic State's "deadly ideology" had nothing to do with Islam.

Paris Attacks: "I am a Muslim" - Muslims speak out against violence conducted in the name of Islam - Telegraph
Muslims have taken to Twitter to show support for Parisians affected in the attacks, and to show that the terrorists are not a part of Islam after the attacks in Paris on Friday night.

This Quran verse has been shared many times:
Whoever kills an innocent person, it is as if he has killed all of humanity- Quran 5:32

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
@Redheart, thanks for posting that item about the denunciation of the Muslims on that terrorism in Paris. Those Muslims should know that their religion is being dragged into the issue of terrorism. In the social media, I have been reading posts about hate for Muslims, not knowing that ISIS is a Muslim but they don't represent the entire Muslim community in the world.

charris89

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
7 0 0
Country
USA
It's a terrible incident that has happened, and I do agree it is blood for blood. However, we wouldn't to bomb them if Muslims could handle their own problems. This may sound insensitive, but it is true. I know America has a bad reputation as the world police, but when a trajedy happens who do other countries look to for help? Innocents were being killed and persecuted by ISIS, so automatically who was the country everyone knew would help. Not all Americans are interested in targeting Arabs, or destroying countries. Some of us genuinely want to help.

Yes we may have our interests in the Middle East and have been there for a while, but if there weren't any bloodshed there we wouldn't need to be there in the first place. I know there are conspiracy theories that we started everything, or we're funding terrorist organizations. Whether that's true or not is irrelevant. The American people, ( not government), have a desire to help the disenfranchised. If Muslims want us to leave, they need to figure out a way to handle their own issues. They also need to find a solution for terrorist organizations breeding in their countries, and to stop asking other countries for help. You can't ask for our help, then turn around and condemn us.

For ISIS to attack our allies in this manner is beyond cowardice. It's detesting, and I can't imagine how they were able to pull these attacks off. I think France was very complacent to allow to this happen. It was the same case for the 9/11 attack. We were complacent and confident in our ability to defend ourselves. However, at this time, I'm certain ISIS can orchestrate an attack similar to the one in Paris here in the States. Not saying they won't try a bombing or two, but I think for the time being they'll attack our allies. If ISIS attempted something like this in America, we would be in war right now, and I would be signing up for another tour.

This story in my opinion attracted more attention, because France is usually a stable government. It's not a region where mass violence usually happens, and they're our close allies. For this to have transpired in Paris, is almost unthinkable. All the tragedies that happened elsewhere in the world took a backseat, because they happened in places that it's almost commonplace. I'm not saying it's right, but that's how the world works. For example: there are always a mass amount of deaths in Africa everyday. People have started to become desensitized to it. Not saying they don't care, but if something is repetitious it tends to fade into the background. All the people crying out why is this tragedy worse than others. It's not that it's worse. This situation is outside of the norm, so it will obviously garner more media coverage.

It is my hope that one day America will leave the Middle East, however I don't see that happening anytime soon. Especially with this new development happening a few days ago. I know some Arabs want us out of their countries, but as long as there is war and strife going on we'll continue to be there. Yes there are other countries that want and need our help, but America has more interests in the Middle East than other areas. Maybe one day that will change, but you can't depend on maybes.

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I'm shocked at how they came from Syria through Turkey and several European countries before reaching France. Is that even possible? Every single country they crossed has no border control at all? I agree French intelligence is up there, in the US buying fully automatic machine gun is red line and authorities will be watching you. Once you start purchasing materials for explosives you are done, any excessive quantity and you will be reported to authorities. I don't know how you can make suicide belt with no body noticing. The number of gunmen were 9 then one apparently escaped or something.
The number of attackers is 9, but the number of people organizing everything is estimated to be over one hundred. I believe it was noticed and i am not revealing a conspiracy theory but i believe NATO was well aware of this happening and the question remains. If they knew why would they let this happen. The same question for French authorities who obviously play second fiddle to NATO in their own country.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
So like 9/11 intelligence agencies knew of the imminent attack, did nothing to stop it? Could it be that they underestimated the threat? Could it be that NATO expected to gain some from the attack? Maybe they wanted an excuse to deploy troops to Syria? In the wake of the attacks, former Nato Supreme Allied Commander opined that NATO should send 15,000 troops to Syria "to tackle ISIS on the ground." Could this be what they wanted?

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
So like 9/11 intelligence agencies knew of the imminent attack, did nothing to stop it? Could it be that they underestimated the threat? Could it be that NATO expected to gain some from the attack? Maybe they wanted an excuse to deploy troops to Syria? In the wake of the attacks, former Nato Supreme Allied Commander opined that NATO should send 15,000 troops to Syria "to tackle ISIS on the ground." Could this be what they wanted?
Gaining something and getting an excuse are two thing that are probably closest to the truth. I do not know about 9/11 but the amount of dead does not change their perspective. In these troop sending missions there are always reasons to be there and the real reasons to be there. It is like a magic trick, an illusionist at his best, you do not see the trick because something sensational and disrupting is happening in front of your eyes.