Peaceful huh? | Page 2 | World Defense

Peaceful huh?

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
Why not call it what it is,Africans throwing other Africans of boats?
So the ''Muslims'' in this case were stronger,what does that say?
Wouldnt the ''Christians'' on that boat do the same if they were stronger,ya think?
All i can say is that this is a childish thread,how old are you?
I have read several of the Greys posts, and we disagree on this topic, in particular. But to insult her over an innocent comment and a news story written by a news source is what I consider childish. How old are you?

I do agree with you that we should call it what it is. People threw other people off a boat, and those kind of people dont typically make desirable citizens. And I don't want them in my country, either. It isn't about religion or anything other than they couldn't even make it all the way into the country before they murdered people. Regardless of her personal opinion, the post is legit.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
At the end of the day, if CNN gave their article the headline "Some people push some other people off a boat", nobody would be interested in reading it. Sensationalism sells and whilst the media can be blamed for a lot of inaccuracies, if we blindly believe what we are being told in the news without giving it further consideration, we are equally at fault.

If this wasn't about religion though, what was it about?

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
I have read several of the Greys posts, and we disagree on this topic, in particular. But to insult her over an innocent comment and a news story written by a news source is what I consider childish. How old are you?

I do agree with you that we should call it what it is. People threw other people off a boat, and those kind of people dont typically make desirable citizens. And I don't want them in my country, either. It isn't about religion or anything other than they couldn't even make it all the way into the country before they murdered people. Regardless of her personal opinion, the post is legit.
First,what was the innocent comment?
Do you mean ''peaceful huh?'' as in peaceful religion huh(aimed at the religion),the tread tittle?
Or do you mean ''I'll bet Italy is real happy to get this bunch!'' this bunch of what ,Muslims?
So you telling me this thread/post wasnt aimed at Muslims?
Second,what was my insult,asking how old he/she is?
Btw,im not a religious person(for the record).

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
Do you mean ''peaceful huh?'' as in peaceful religion huh(aimed at the religion),the tread tittle?
Or do you mean ''I'll bet Italy is real happy to get this bunch!'' this bunch of what ,Muslims?
My comment was about the brutality of the perpetrators of this travesty! If I had meant, "bunch of Muslims," I would have said, "bunch of Muslims!" If you are not "a religious person," then why are you so adamant about turning this into an attack on a certain religion? And my age has less to do with it than the fact that these people were killed, by virtue of their religious beliefs. I can't help the fact that Muslims attacked and killed a group of Christians, nor can I help the fact that CNN reported it that way. And yes, it is about persecution because of religion.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I'm not religious either. I'm agnostic with apathetic tendencies. I don't know, and I don't care.

I think you and I both know that your comment regarding her statement being childish wasn't intended to be flattering.

Her statement was actually pretty vague. Yes, it could be interpreted as a slight against the Muslims, in response to the religious angle a legitamit news source put on the story, ( as legitamit as a news source can be, anyway).

As far as I'm concerned, you can interpret it as a slight against men with beards or women with big hips. It doesn't matter. The threads intention OBVIOUSLY wasn't to pick apart and scrutinize her one line statement which had no direct insult against anyone. She's entitled to her opinion, regardless of how you or i or anyone else feels about it.
Until she actually says something that can be argued against, you shouldn't be so childish.

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Sweden
You shouldn't shine all Muslims in a bad light. But 90% of the Muslims in the middle east support Sharia which issues punishment for leaving Islam. Christian persecution in the middle east is nothing new. So, yeah, there is a problem with Islam.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
You shouldn't shine all Muslims in a bad light. But 90% of the Muslims in the middle east support Sharia which issues punishment for leaving Islam. Christian persecution in the middle east is nothing new. So, yeah, there is a problem with Islam.
Well geez, thank goodness thee isn't Muslim persecution going on here, and everywhere else in the world. Non Muslims are responsible for less that 90% of terrorist attacks on US soil. Left wing extremists - white christain males- are responsible for almost 25%. Wanna know who I think is the bigger threat? Unfortunately, though, the biggest threat in the entire world are the bigots. I use that word more than any other lately. It just seems like they're everywhere. Like cockroaches. Or lice.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
I don't don't what to say about this. The human race is so cruel and uncaring for each other and only when the Earth seizes to exists in this current state will we see a change. These savages killing people because they share a different religious view but still wants to go and live in a country with the same different view.

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Sweden
Well geez, thank goodness thee isn't Muslim persecution going on here, and everywhere else in the world. Non Muslims are responsible for less that 90% of terrorist attacks on US soil. Left wing extremists - white christain males- are responsible for almost 25%. Wanna know who I think is the bigger threat? Unfortunately, though, the biggest threat in the entire world are the bigots. I use that word more than any other lately. It just seems like they're everywhere. Like cockroaches. Or lice.

This. This is exactly what's wrong with the western mentality towards the middle east. Non Muslims are responsible for less than 90% of terrorist attacks on US soil? Muslims are dying everyday in the name of Islam. Every single fucking day. Women are beaten because they refuse to wear niqabs. Rape victims are flogged. Muslim atheists are killed. Or do their lifes not matter because they live in the middle east?

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
This. This is exactly what's wrong with the western mentality towards the middle east. Non Muslims are responsible for less than 90% of terrorist attacks on US soil? Muslims are dying everyday in the name of Islam. Every single fucking day. Women are beaten because they refuse to wear niqabs. Rape victims are flogged. Muslim atheists are killed. Or do their lifes not matter because they live in the middle east?
Of course their lives matter. I'm actually feeling a little insulted that you would insinuate otherwise. But I live in America. What I see and hear about is whats going on all around me. Should I read up on Muslim practices everyday to find out who's getting killed in the Middle East? Of course I should. I should read up on a lot of other countries. But instead I have to spend most of my time defending my Muslim friends who have never hurt anyone.

In response to your insinuations that ANYONE'S life doesn't matter to me, I would like to point out that people can't be Muslim Athiests. I would have let that go but your assumption about the size of my heart really hurt my feelings

Also, that 90% is supposed to be 10%

Last edited:
Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Sweden
Of course their lives matter. I'm actually feeling a little insulted that you would insinuate otherwise. But I live in America. What I see and hear about is whats going on all around me. Should I read up on Muslim practices everyday to find out who's getting killed in the Middle East? Of course I should. I should read up on a lot of other countries. But instead I have to spend most of my time defending my Muslim friends who have never hurt anyone.

In response to your insinuations that ANYONE'S life doesn't matter to me, I would like to point out that people can't be Muslim Athiests. I would have let that go but your assumption about the size of my heart really hurt my feelings

Also, that 90% is supposed to be 10%

If you don't know that how many Muslims suffer because of their religion perhaps you shouldn't make such a bold statement. And, hey, guess what? I live in the country that accepts more Muslim refugees in all of Europe. I live five minutes away from a mosque at which an ISIS fighter used to preach. Last summer my co-worker was a Muslim from Somalia who had only lived here seven months. I speak to Muslims everyday. It's not fair that your friend has to suffer because of his religion. But if you really want to do something about all this bigotry and suffering which you seem to feel very strongly about you should acknowledge the fact that Islam does have big problem.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
If you don't know that how many Muslims suffer because of their religion perhaps you shouldn't make such a bold statement. And, hey, guess what? I live in the country that accepts more Muslim refugees in all of Europe. I live five minutes away from a mosque at which an ISIS fighter used to preach. Last summer my co-worker was a Muslim from Somalia who had only lived here seven months. I speak to Muslims everyday. It's not fair that your friend has to suffer because of his religion. But if you really want to do something about all this bigotry and suffering which you seem to feel very strongly about you should acknowledge the fact that Islam does have big problem.
What if I meet you halfway and say: some people who choose to practice outdated Islamic dogma are really bad people.
The religion isn't bad... no worse than any other (except Buddhists... They tend to be nicer, overall). Every religion has its messed up rules and regulations. People have to use their own conscience and moral compass to determine which tenets of their faith should be practiced and obeyed. Some people are better at that than others, not because of their religion, race, ethnicity, or anything else. But because its just who they are. Islam, and the Muslims who follow, aren't bad. People who use Islam as an excuse to do bad things are bad.

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Sweden
What if I meet you halfway and say: some people who choose to practice outdated Islamic dogma are really bad people.
The religion isn't bad... no worse than any other (except Buddhists... They tend to be nicer, overall). Every religion has its messed up rules and regulations. People have to use their own conscience and moral compass to determine which tenets of their faith should be practiced and obeyed. Some people are better at that than others, not because of their religion, race, ethnicity, or anything else. But because its just who they are. Islam, and the Muslims who follow, aren't bad. People who use Islam as an excuse to do bad things are bad.

Do you know what Boko Haram means? I means something like 'forbidden knowledge'. Information is forbidden in countires such as Syria and Iraq because it is western and as such, haram. Young boys and girls in Syria can't form their own morals because they are only taught radical Islamism.

When ISIS executes innocent people they say it's because that person is an infidel or because they have wronged God. They never say it's they themselves are bad people. The excuse is always Islam.

That Buddhism tends to be more peaceful is a myth perpetuated in the west. There is plenty of Buddhism terrorism. Just have a Google.

Myanmar's Buddhist Terrorism Problem | Al Jazeera America

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
Do you know what Boko Haram means? I means something like 'forbidden knowledge'. Information is forbidden in countires such as Syria and Iraq because it is western and as such, haram. Young boys and girls in Syria can't form their own morals because they are only taught radical Islamism.

When ISIS executes innocent people they say it's because that person is an infidel or because they have wronged God. They never say it's they themselves are bad people. The excuse is always Islam.

That Buddhism tends to be more peaceful is a myth perpetuated in the west. There is plenty of Buddhism terrorism. Just have a Google.

Myanmar's Buddhist Terrorism Problem | Al Jazeera America
Well, that's very disappointing. I really believed the Buddhists had it right.

You can't blame an entire religion because of some nutty radicals blaming it on their religion. There are extremists in every religion. People just started taking the Jahadist more seriously because they were called names like "evil".