Pending cases: CJP orders formation of 120 Accountability Courts | World Defense

Pending cases: CJP orders formation of 120 Accountability Courts

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
Pending cases: CJP orders formation of 120 Accountability Courts
ISLAMABAD: Chief Justice Gulzar Ahmed on Wednesday ordered formation of 120 new accountability courts for early decisions on pending accountability cases, ARY News reported.

Justice Gulzar Ahmed while hearing a case directed the Law Secretary to constitute 120 new accountability courts with appointment of judges taking directives from the competent authorities.

The top judge also directed for decision on all pending references of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) within three months.

Expressing his displeasure over the NAB’s performance Justice Gulzar Ahmed said that NAB cases were meant to be solved in 30 days but some cases have been pending for 20 years. “If the bureau is serious in enforcement of its law?”

“Why the references are not being decided? The bureau’s 1226 references have been in pending,” Justice Gulzar remarked. The decisions on these 1226 references perhaps will take a century,” the chief justice said.

He remarked that NAB cases were meant to be solved in 30 days but some cases have been pending for 20 years. “What’s the point of the bureau and its laws when it can’t even implement them?”

All pending corruption references and inquiries must be solved in three months, he instructed the NAB chairperson.

Delay in early decision of references undoing the core objective behind the NAB law, he remarked.

The court summoned the Attorney General, Prosecutor General NAB and the Federal Secretary Law in the next hearing of the case.

The bench also called recommendations from the Chairman NAB for early decision on the pending accountability references.

Caprxl

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,401 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Interesting development, I also just saw it in news, will try to put my thought in few words below,

"Internal Cleaning & accountability of Pakistan seems to be inversely proportional with gains on External i.e Foreign Fronts because of several reasons" (this in itself is a good topic to start a thread & to be debated upon, therefore I said to put my case in few words),

1. There are many a examples in recent & past 2 decades where we can witness it. Our Internal & External Security-Socio-Eco-Political conditions never allowed us to fully clean the room for once & for all & press a Reset button irrespective of the consequences & external pressure or,
  2. Because the one in power put his personal interest over the nation (mainly in case of dictators, it is my personal belief that they were already infidels in eyes of Democracy lovers so should have given the bamboo up the arse of the corrupt ones so they spit out the looted wealth)
  3. Third & most importantly, our Judiciary, the most corrupt institution accompanied by the Police to Lawyers up to the Judges.

IF & this is a BIG IF, we need to get result out of this development, & advance with the cleaning of scums from our land;

"the % number of senior & accountability judges who do not follow but walk with the establishment/deep state for the welfare of state has to be increased from current ratio by many folds & if not already it may take 3 - 5 at minimum & can go up to 8 years starting from now"

Hint: The final outcome of Justice Qazi Faiz Isa case will speak for itself at what stage are we of the above said strategy,