Philippine head of state's arrogance! | Page 2 | World Defense

Philippine head of state's arrogance!

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
Washing hands. Washing hands. Excuses indeed. The reason why people are furious right now is that PNOY is not there when people need him the most. When his mere presence can give assurance, a guiding gesture, that somehow he is part of the Philippine population.

Now, can this be the moment Filipinos finally wake up and do something about their voices come election time? Or will we sleep again? Lulled by the talks of Kris Aquino? Hmm?

I mostly agree with you on this regard. We cannot fairly compare Philippines with America. However, isn't it our aspiration to be recognized as a world class country? If we want that aspiration, we have to be measured with a world class country, and the reaction of their heads of state. Although history is a part of our upbringing and the "us" right now, in what way is our prolonged subjugation part of the reaction of one man? PNOY cannot blame the past for this blunder or how we were under Spanish rule for more than 3 centuries and so on...and be excused. Then again, PNOY does have the penchant to blame the past.

Of course your leader is trying to wash his hands from all of these. I've seen videos of him during the wake of the fallen 44 when he attended and I can't fathom how he could still smile and chit chat with another person beside him when a general was giving a grieving speech. So insensitive.

mikka254

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Kenya
Let us not be too hasty by saying that this is arrogance. You cannot understand another person's actions or schedule so there might be a good reason as to why he did not attend.

Shimus

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
Let us not be too hasty by saying that this is arrogance. You cannot understand another person's actions or schedule so there might be a good reason as to why he did not attend.

There isn't any good reason. Not one that you couldn't have an aide or attendant see too, while you're the public face of your country. You should be shown grieving with your countrymen if you lost them. The only thing short of his immediate family being ill or in an accident, there's no reason to deny this simple service. If he didn't we wouldn't be talking about to begin with.

So even if we don't know the guy or his schedule, he should have made an attempt. He must have known there would be a media backlash.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Wow, that's harsh. Your President skipped out on the funeral of those officers? I don't have many good things to say about our President but I must commend him for showing his support for the families of the fallen officers and attending the funeral.

westmixxin

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
these situations a very delicate and we are dealing with them you have to be very vigilant about your facial expressions and the way that you're saying every word that comes out of your mouth otherwise it can be misunderstood.