Philippine president takes responsibility for the deaths of 44 SAF members | World Defense

Philippine president takes responsibility for the deaths of 44 SAF members

RingoBerry

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Malaysia
President Aquino gave quite an emotional speech during his recent national address that was televised all over the country. He said that whatever outcome the country obtains in their fight for lasting peace, good and bad, was his bare as president and Commander-in-Chief. He also explained that the investigation as to what really happened in Mamasapano, Maguindanao is still on going.

For the people specially the grieving families, listening to the president own the blame to the tragedy simply because he is the head of the country is not what they need but instead to be given justice by releasing the name of the person who issued the command for the botched operation resulting to the deaths of 44 PNP-SAF members so legal actions can be made.

Read more:
Aquino accepts responsibility for 44 fallen SAF men
The Last Stand, According to SAF OIC Noli Talino

tipoywizard

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Philippines
I'm from the Philippines and honestly I a little bit disappointed about the speech of the President. But then again being a President is a hard task. With regards to the Mamasapano incident those 44 PNP-SAF who died really needs justice. Those who are involved in breaking the chain of command both from the government and the rebels should be punished. I still do hope that real peace can be achieve in Mindanao.

RingoBerry

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Malaysia
I sincerely hope that the Philippine government is not going to try cover this tragedy up. The country has yet to recover from the tragedies and issues that have worn out the patience of the people. Its not so hard to guess as to what can happen next if they decide to add the Mamasapano clash to the long list of transgressions the administration has committed against the Filipino people.

tipoywizard

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Philippines
Yeah your right. Every person liable to the indecent should be put to justice. I'm watching the local channels for updates about the Mamasapano clash and I am quite sad that they started the Blaming Game again. I hope that instead of blaming each other they should prioritize the investigation so that those lives taken in the clash should not be gone in vain. By the way as an update 44 PNP SAF died in the clash, 18 from the MILF and 7 from the civilians. The fact finding committee investigation is not yet complete.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Seriously? How many speeches does he have to give? Rather than waste his time with empty words, why don't he just go out there and do something already? His cabinet could start by suspending the passage of the Bangsomoro Law. Secondly, why not give the $5 million bounty to the aggrieved families and to the SAF development program instead? What a sissy! He's been blundering since the first year of his presidency. I hope never to mention the Hong Kong Tourists hostage crisis or the Yolanda miscalculation ever again. But now it's about time to show to the blind citizenry the result of their stupidity. They voted for an inexperienced president. They have to deal with it.

dyanmarie25

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Philippines
I couldn't agree more. President Aquino should be man enough and take responsibilities for his actions. He should talk less and do more. That's much better.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
The president talks too much about what to do, needs to show he is a man who can do things like give money to the families and find out what happened to the men. A strong leader is needed, so far he has not shown it has selfish interests which is not good when leading a country and responsible. The country should have gotten a better person, as he needs to make changes and prove he he is reliable and trustworthy.

RingoBerry

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Malaysia
Yeah your right. Every person liable to the indecent should be put to justice. I'm watching the local channels for updates about the Mamasapano clash and I am quite sad that they started the Blaming Game again. I hope that instead of blaming each other they should prioritize the investigation so that those lives taken in the clash should not be gone in vain. By the way as an update 44 PNP SAF died in the clash, 18 from the MILF and 7 from the civilians. The fact finding committee investigation is not yet complete.

That is so true, there were civilian victims too during that clash and were never mentioned not til days or weeks after - even if they were, the info on them pretty much minuscule. I believe there was also a member of the FBI that died in Mamasapano.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
Actions speak louder than words. I still don't understand why on earth would he be on a car launch than welcome the coffins of the 44 SAF officers who died for his country. That one is mind boggling.