Philippines: Another Possible Coup | World Defense

Philippines: Another Possible Coup

RingoBerry

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Malaysia
There have been a lot of whispers before that there are people plotting against the current Philippine president to have him removed from his position. They were all nothing but circulating rumors but because of the tragedy that happened in Mamasapano where it claimed the lives of 44 SAF members, these plotters may have finally caught a break. The country's defense secretary even admitted that he indeed receive information about the plot and even hinting that that they do have the names of some of these conspirators.

I have intelligence as of yesterday that leaders of certain alphabet soup acronyms who are familiar with the public had a recent meeting, because they wanted to discuss how to stage a coup d'etat, who should be installed as president, and even their contributors were there,

This is according to Senator Miriam Santiago. She also claimed that the person who will be financing the coup is the same one that funded other coup d'etas in the past.

Read more about the story:
Miriam bares intel on brewing coup d'etat
Gazmin admits receiving coup plot report

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I am not surprised that this happening, as the president just been speaking not showing by his works what he can accomplish and has not impressed the people. I think there will be civil unrest as some people do not agree with the president and has not found out who was responsible for the deaths of the men who died and also was not there at the funeral. If he keeps this up will be removed by force it looks like as not a lot of people are happy with how he does things around there.

dyanmarie25

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Philippines
I am not surprised that this happening, as the president just been speaking not showing by his works what he can accomplish and has not impressed the people. I think there will be civil unrest as some people do not agree with the president and has not found out who was responsible for the deaths of the men who died and also was not there at the funeral. If he keeps this up will be removed by force it looks like as not a lot of people are happy with how he does things around there.
I am not a fan of President Aquino. He's all talk and no work. Really, I couldn't wait for his term to end. And yes, Filipinos are not happy with his performance/leadership, of course including me. Actually, he really is the one to be blamed for the Mamasapano massacre because he was the one who gave that order to 44 SAF, but he's just pretending and playing arrogant like he has done nothing wrong, like, what the hell man, admit your mistake. That's what we're all asking for.

tipoywizard

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Philippines
I watched the Senate Hearing this morning about Mamasapano clash and indeed it is Senator Santiago who mentioned about the possible coup plot finance by a very rich person. However I still wanted the president to finish his term. I am tired of another people power or another coup to replace the government.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
The Philippines are a country with great instability and military action, I am really sorry for the people living there, it can't be easy to live in such a climate right?

jdzla

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Philippines
The Philippines are a country with great instability and military action, I am really sorry for the people living there, it can't be easy to live in such a climate right?

Actually it is easy, you just have to get used to it. ;-)

Seriously, though, everytime there's something happening, a coup plot always follows. In recent history, however, there has not been a coup (in the strict, military sense) which has seriously threatened to topple the existing regime. I have to mention that caveat since the 1986 EDSA Revolution actually started off as a coup. We will have to find out if the existing climate favors such a rising.

RingoBerry

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Malaysia

Seriously, though, everytime there's something happening, a coup plot always follows. In recent history, however, there has not been a coup (in the strict, military sense) which has seriously threatened to topple the existing regime. I have to mention that caveat since the 1986 EDSA Revolution actually started off as a coup. We will have to find out if the existing climate favors such a rising.

Actually, the more recent events ruined the meaning of EDSA by using it as means to control the flow of power in the country. For as long as there are rich people offering to fun the uprising and conniving officials that know how to sensationalize matters and turn it into a ridiculous spectacle then use it as probable cause to start havoc on the administration that would not sway to their tune.

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong

Some countries have blizzards or snow storms. The Philippines has coups every now and then, it actually has been pretty stable, there has not been an attempted coup for over 5 years. But the last few, it is no big deal, most of the time people still go to the shopping mall, eat at McDs. Sometimes it is an excuse not to go to work.

You just get used to it. The majority of Filipinos unfortunately are poorly educated and elect idiots.

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
I don't think there'd ever be a coup in the Philippines soon. The people have grown complacent and insouciant. They don't care anymore. All they do care about is how they are going to get out and away from the Philippines. Its citizens are the reason why the Philippines is like what it is. It's because of those citizens who'd rather choose the easy way out and who have got no values in their life, other being able to live comfortably. Well, life isn't about just being in your comfort zone. It's a constant taking of challenges. The way you handle them and how you succeeded from them are what life is all about. It's not being comfortable. People should simply have not time for comfort. The essence of life is struggle. Without it, what's there in life?

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal

Yes, people get used to everything right? But it shouldn't be like that, the military as well as the politicians should be at the service of the population and not serving themselves.