Picture of The Day | Page 3 | World Defense

Picture of The Day

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Simply amazing. Thanks @BLACKEAGLE for sharing those photos.

mikeqin

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
Thanks for the photos and description, hope all goes well and world peace.

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
These pictures really bring home the drama across the world. We are in a state of disagreement with the powers that be. The lies are being exposed and the people are tied of the current system. I love this time we are in. Let real freedom ring!

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Such amazing photographs. They make me grateful that I live in a peaceful country. Please do post some more if you have the chance.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
ByyelHaIAAAfuZS.jpg:large
What an amazing moment to capture! I wonder where this was taken?

krazyman

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
Blackeagle, thanks for posting the pictures. Some real eye-opening stuff here. I know they are from the Russian invasion of Ukraine from 2014 and this is the first chance I've had to see them.

A few thoughts on these:
1.) I feel very lucky to be living where I do, to see the carnage and chaos that exists in that country as a result of what had happened will make me extra thankful when my head hits the pillow tonight.
2.) Some of the pictures from Korea are also very interesting as it shows how a single person can drive an entire nation for good or evil. The Jung family has series power in Korea and many people don't realize the extent of his power.
3.) I hope for peace in the world and seeing the pictures from the Ukraine make me sad and hope there will be a peaceful resolution to the conflict.

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
It really is true a picture tells a thousand words. Sometimes you don't stop and realize how the current situation is in these countries and how much hurt the local civilians are feeling.

cyberpinoy

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Philippines
These pictures are outstanding. But brings to life how much death and destruction is in the world today. how many innocent people are effected by decisions of the government. people the military feel are just casualties of war. and the funny thing is the people who so easily allow those words to fall off their tongue are usually the ones sitting in a protected room making decisions that are sent to people actually fighting the war. As I went thru these pictures I saw the children and helpless elders and asked myself if I were a general or a leader of a country how could I justify my actions of an attack that was under researched, underdeveloped and underthought and killed hundreds of people, how could I sleep at night telling myself those children and old people were just casualties of war and forget it?

brightangel10

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
I think the photo of the bears is really cute and looks like a mother taking her babies for a ride. I hope you post more pictures in the future because I enjoy looking at them.

galmal

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
Love the picture of the bears - it reminds me that, with a little cooperation, we can accomplish so much. There are times when we all need a little help to get to the other side, and we should all be lucky enough to have someone in our lives who is willing to bare the burden for while.

Last edited:

fire421

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
The picture with the bears is an amazing capture. I love photography and I really enjoyed that photo.

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
r

Reuters / Tuesday, January 06, 2015
The Mercedes-Benz F015 Luxury in Motion autonomous concept car. Germany's Daimler AG wants to reset consumers' expectations about self-driving cars with its futuristic Mercedes-Benz F 015 concept. REUTERS/Steve Marcus

r

Reuters / Monday, January 05, 2015
Executive Vice President of Samsung Electronics America Joe Stinziano unveils the new Samsung S'UHD smart TV at a Samsung Electronics news conference. REUTERS/Steve Marcus

r

Reuters / Monday, January 05, 2015
A Panasonic Lumix CM1 smartphone/camera hybrid with 4K video is displayed at a Panasonic news conference. REUTERS/Steve Marcus

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
r

Reuters / Sunday, January 04, 2015
A Kevo smart lock is demonstrated during the 2015 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada January 4, 2015. The lock, which opens with a smart phone App and a touch, is smart enough to know what side of the door you are on and won't accidentally unlock the door when you are inside. REUTERS/Steve Marcus

r

Reuters / Sunday, January 04, 2015
People visit ice sculptures illuminated by colored lights during a trial operation ahead of the 31st Harbin International Ice and Snow Festival in the northern city of Harbin, Heilongjiang province, China, January 4, 2015. REUTERS/Kim Kyung-Hoon

r

Reuters / Wednesday, February 05, 2014
Bangui, Central African Republic: I was heading back to the hotel to file after a ceremony in Bangui, where the interim president had promised to reinstate the country's armed forces, urging for national unity. I was in the taxi for just a few minutes when my fixer asked me to come back as people were attacking and killing a man.

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
r

Reuters / Sunday, July 13, 2014
Gaza City: The strike on the family home of Al-Batsh, Gaza's police chief, killed 18 people. Moments before taking this photo, mourners brought out the bodies of the family members and their relatives started to cry and shout.

r

Nepal: Chaupadi is the practice of treating women as impure and untouchable when they menstruate. In isolated regions like Achham, chaupadi has been a custom for centuries. But those from Nepal's cities or from abroad often don't know what it means.

r

Reuters / Thursday, January 01, 2015
Revellers toss confetti over Times Square from a hotel after the clock struck midnight during New Year's Eve celebrations in New York January 1, 2015. REUTERS/Keith Bedford

r

Reuters / Wednesday, December 31, 2014
Fireworks light the sky over the Arc de Triomphe on the Champs Elysees Avenue in Paris, France, as revelers take part in New Year celebrations, early January 1, 2015. REUTERS/Christian Hartmann

r

Reuters / Wednesday, December 31, 2014
Confetti engineer Norm Larsen tosses confetti onto revellers from the roof of the Marriott Marquis hotel during New Year's Eve celebrations in Times Square in New York December 31, 2014. REUTERS/Keith Bedford