Police Brutality | Page 2 | World Defense

Police Brutality

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
That's interesting. And worrisome. So the criminals behind bars are still able to do such things, eh? Now, that makes me wonder what the prison wardens are doing? Are they in the payroll of the criminals?
You cannot stop the criminals from talking to each other. You cannot keep them in solitary either. There is only so much you can do to keep these things from occurring. This particular gang operates inside and outside of the prison system with persons constantly moving in between institutions and the outside. The only way to absolutely stop these gangs is marshal law and in prison solitary.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
You cannot stop the criminals from talking to each other. You cannot keep them in solitary either. There is only so much you can do to keep these things from occurring. This particular gang operates inside and outside of the prison system with persons constantly moving in between institutions and the outside. The only way to absolutely stop these gangs is marshal law and in prison solitary.

All gangs must have a leader. So let's start with the gangleaders. Keep them under tabs. Keep them under close surveillance. Or are the prison wardens scared to take action against the gangleaders?

ally79

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 1
Country
USA
It doesn't exactly work like that Aree, this is the US prisoners have rights and visitors. Visitors, mail, and telephone calls are frequently how gangs in prisons communicate, or through their lawyers. See if you can find an episode or two of OZ from HBO and you'll get a better idea of how it works. Just because they are prisoners doesn't mean they are stupid they find ingenious ways to communicate both inside and outside of prisons.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
My father is a retired policeman so I feel kind of touchy when faced with hasty generalizations against the police. I understand that the situation in America may be different compared to the police culture here in my native soil. I hope that just because a few rotten apples were thrown into the mix, you wouldn't think that all the apples in the basket are rotten. Please remember that there are still a few good men left in the service. Think of the policemen who sacrificed their lives to save citizens from crimes. I do agree that the chief of police should do something to discourage brutality from turning into a part of the system.

DeltaForce103

THINK TANK
Reactions
62 2 0
Country
India
It is more than just a racial issue for me though because any race now could be a victim as long as someone is above the law, which apparently in this story are the cops. It is just so disturbing that lots of things are sensationalized by the news but this issue was only brought about recently and the President doesn't even feel like he cares.

If only more people were capable of making that logical connection. The media casting it as racial issue even "race war" is a classic example of divide and conquer.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
Just because they are prisoners doesn't mean they are stupid they find ingenious ways to communicate both inside and outside of prisons.

I would expect the prison wardens to be on top of things. They are supposed to be in control of the prisons. The prisoners have rights, true, but that doesn't mean they can do everything they want to, especially not sending out messages to tell their gang members what to do.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
There is a prison gang in the Ohio prison system called the Heartless Felons. They even have members in the juvenile detentions centers. They were calling for members of the gang on the streets to shoot white police officers in retaliation of the grand jury decision in New York. Cleveland Police were on high alert. I'm not sure if this prison gang exists in other parts of the United States?

Absolutely disturbing. I hope this ends soon. But it's kind of hard to blame them when the people responsible for the deaths of innocent lives were not indicted. Still not a good excuse for such violence though. I hope this ends soon.

If only more people were capable of making that logical connection. The media casting it as racial issue even "race war" is a classic example of divide and conquer.

The media especially the mainstream media are bending the information all they want. They love sensationalizing things for ratings. It's all business for them now. Especially these days.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
I would expect the prison wardens to be on top of things. They are supposed to be in control of the prisons. The prisoners have rights, true, but that doesn't mean they can do everything they want to, especially not sending out messages to tell their gang members what to do.

I think it is now getting out of hand where this is all leading to. Although it's not exactly something new that prisoners can still work their crimes out even while they are serving their time. But I sure hope to see at least an effort from the wardens as well. Unless they are bribed, then that's another problem.

My father is a retired policeman so I feel kind of touchy when faced with hasty generalizations against the police. I understand that the situation in America may be different compared to the police culture here in my native soil. I hope that just because a few rotten apples were thrown into the mix, you wouldn't think that all the apples in the basket are rotten. Please remember that there are still a few good men left in the service. Think of the policemen who sacrificed their lives to save citizens from crimes. I do agree that the chief of police should do something to discourage brutality from turning into a part of the system.

The US cops are way different from officers in the Philippines. Here, they act like gods. You could literally be in trouble for doing nothing.

diprod

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Philippines
I'm really sorry to hear about what is going in the US right now regarding this issue. Watching the Eric Garner arrest video still gives me chills and it is quite alarming how serious is this since the whole Fergusson issue with Mike Brown. I think America should do just more than protesting. It is not even well planned. So these people marching, are just really marching expecting that the court will change their minds?

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
I'm really sorry to hear about what is going in the US right now regarding this issue. Watching the Eric Garner arrest video still gives me chills and it is quite alarming how serious is this since the whole Fergusson issue with Mike Brown. I think America should do just more than protesting. It is not even well planned. So these people marching, are just really marching expecting that the court will change their minds?
These people are doing much more than marching. In some cities, they are marching. In some cities, they are looting and rioting. In some cities, police officers are being shot. In New York, they threw red pain on the mayor of the city. Now, I do not feel that some of these instances have been handled well. There are a lot of instances of excessive force and our system is not always right. That's why we have appeals systems and media watchdogs. That's why we have the right to protest. Peaceful and organized protesting has gotten a lot done in our society. However, what is going on in our nation right now is emotion-fueled mayhem.

diprod

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Philippines
These people are doing much more than marching. In some cities, they are marching. In some cities, they are looting and rioting. In some cities, police officers are being shot. In New York, they threw red pain on the mayor of the city. Now, I do not feel that some of these instances have been handled well. There are a lot of instances of excessive force and our system is not always right. That's why we have appeals systems and media watchdogs. That's why we have the right to protest. Peaceful and organized protesting has gotten a lot done in our society. However, what is going on in our nation right now is emotion-fueled mayhem.

I concur. But I need to say that it still lacks organization. The protest needs to have a system as well or it would just end up like a riot and even provoking more violence to happen. Some cops in New York already got shot by a civilian saying that's for killing unarmed civilians. It is not looking good and I'm not sure how long are they willing to do this.

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
I concur. But I need to say that it still lacks organization. The protest needs to have a system as well or it would just end up like a riot and even provoking more violence to happen. Some cops in New York already got shot by a civilian saying that's for killing unarmed civilians. It is not looking good and I'm not sure how long are they willing to do this.
You are completely right. The lack of organization is just provoking more violence. That civilian also shot his girlfriend. It was a very sad story. I think these protests will go on for quite a while still, but they will lose steam eventually.

diprod

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Philippines
You are completely right. The lack of organization is just provoking more violence. That civilian also shot his girlfriend. It was a very sad story. I think these protests will go on for quite a while still, but they will lose steam eventually.

I missed that part when he also shot his girlfriend. It is so sad. People are getting emotional and no longer thinking about how this whole protest that is not organized is affecting the lives of many. They even want to shut down businesses and I understand it's a call for unity, but seriously, somebody should create a system or a structure to this or everything will just go mental.

Mackmax

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
I think it is ironic how we often look at other countries, especially Middle Eastern and African countries, and quickly point out the flaws in their police and justice system, yet we fail to realize that America's police and justice system shares many of those flaws. We are very quick to stick our noses up at other countries, but I think we need to slow down and look at ourselves and work on our flaws.
Do I think that this police brutality incident will lead to a "war" within America? No. Do I believe that this will lead to a change within America? Yes, very much so.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
That's interesting. And worrisome. So the criminals behind bars are still able to do such things, eh? Now, that makes me wonder what the prison wardens are doing? Are they in the payroll of the criminals?

I suspect this may be the case. You often hear stories about drugs, weapons and other contraband in prisons and you have to wonder how it gets in there undetected. Corruption can be found amongst members of any profession. Perhaps there is a combination of greed and fear of what might happen they refuse to carry out the criminals orders at work here. Of course, C.O.s don't get paid that much considering the dangers of their jobs so I could easily see why someone could start bringing items in.