Police Brutality | Page 3 | World Defense

Police Brutality

weepforsweep

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
I would love for cops to have all the interactions recorded on film. This way there will be no dispute of who was at fault. The police have too much leeway and power.

cyberpinoy

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Philippines
I have watched a lot of videos about this. I have to say at least half of them showed very little as to what brought the police into the altercation, I think a lot of it is biased and against the cops. Some places are drastically more dangerous than others which changes what would be the normal definition of use of force. A backwater town in Iowa probably has no reason to rip one out of his car slam him on the ground and detain him first and ask questions later, just like an LA cop should not go up to any car without an offensive point of view being stern, to the point and taking every precaution to defend his life when needed.

On the other hand there are Police that abuse their power overstep their boundaries and deserve to be punished. The real question here is are these police doing what they are doing because they were ordered to be so aggressive in preperation form something the citizens do not even know about yet, are these orders coming from a military group putting a play together we dont understand yet. Why is it happening so much now?

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Of course it is leading no where. We are just dividing among ourselves making ourselves vulnerable and bringing about issues (racism) back to the surface rather then eliminate them. As a matter of fact, I found a video that speaks for itself on the issue.

And there are a lot of others who feel and think the same way.

jade870

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
I am not sure what to say about this whole thing but yes do think there is a big problem right here. I have seen on the news here just in the last few days that 2 cops shop a person that was just trying to feed the homeless and hungry. Now to me that is just down right crazy, how could you be shot over something like this?. One more thing just this week right here were I live there was a cop that selling drugs and when he got busted he beat his fellow officer half to death for turning him in. I ask myself all the time how can this go on and they don't get anything but a slap on the hand. Can you believe that the only thing that happen to that cop was they pulled his badge, and is no longer a officer, he should have went to jail just like anyone else.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
I think it is ironic how we often look at other countries, especially Middle Eastern and African countries, and quickly point out the flaws in their police and justice system, yet we fail to realize that America's police and justice system shares many of those flaws. We are very quick to stick our noses up at other countries, but I think we need to slow down and look at ourselves and work on our flaws.
Do I think that this police brutality incident will lead to a "war" within America? No. Do I believe that this will lead to a change within America? Yes, very much so.

This actually has been going on for a long time now, only mainstream media was not reporting it. They are too busy reporting Justin Bieber's new misdemeanor -_- While this issue has been there for years. But thanks for indie media, it is now getting out there.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
I am not sure what to say about this whole thing but yes do think there is a big problem right here. I have seen on the news here just in the last few days that 2 cops shop a person that was just trying to feed the homeless and hungry. Now to me that is just down right crazy, how could you be shot over something like this?. One more thing just this week right here were I live there was a cop that selling drugs and when he got busted he beat his fellow officer half to death for turning him in. I ask myself all the time how can this go on and they don't get anything but a slap on the hand. Can you believe that the only thing that happen to that cop was they pulled his badge, and is no longer a officer, he should have went to jail just like anyone else.

It is getting out of hand now with this whole issue. I'm still not sure however, up to what degree this violence could lead to when I'm kind of already seeing the worse. People are just retaliating from one issue to another. It's not solving anything and that's why this is kind of leading to nowhere when it's supposed to bring change!

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
I'm really sorry to hear about what is going in the US right now regarding this issue. Watching the Eric Garner arrest video still gives me chills and it is quite alarming how serious is this since the whole Fergusson issue with Mike Brown. I think America should do just more than protesting. It is not even well planned. So these people marching, are just really marching expecting that the court will change their minds?

Definitely no organization whatsoever. This is why the solution is lagging as well. They are basically just marching and trying to have their voice be heard. I'm for peaceful protest, but at least organize it so people's time are not also wasted. Somebody should like educate our protesters in this matter.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
Of course it is leading no where. We are just dividing among ourselves making ourselves vulnerable and bringing about issues (racism) back to the surface rather then eliminate them. As a matter of fact, I found a video that speaks for itself on the issue.

And there are a lot of others who feel and think the same way.

This video actually makes a point. But it's not exactly slavery this whole cops killing innocent lives here, it's about people trying to be above the law because they can.

Gabriel

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Corruption in the police forces around the world has always existed, the television shows depict a true picture, however it is a minority that taint the police force. With all institutions it is hard to find the rotten cores, but they do eventually.

In the recent cases shown in the media, there are many that are not shown and equally also how many police are killed in the line of duty. It's not a fair picture being shown, the media chooses what stories to follow. Of course in the New York case that was shown to be wrong and punishments have been made and the force put under scrutiny, I'm not sure how much more that can do. Police are also human beings and need to protect themselves.

diprod

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Philippines
Definitely no organization whatsoever. This is why the solution is lagging as well. They are basically just marching and trying to have their voice be heard. I'm for peaceful protest, but at least organize it so people's time are not also wasted. Somebody should like educate our protesters in this matter.

Americans could learn a lot from the Filipinos who I would like to say are pros on doing protests. We have impeached 3 of our presidents simply by doing a peaceful protest. More unity is needed. I think that is the secret here.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
At the point that we are at I think that police brutality has to be replaced by restoring order and faith in the police. I think the police has learned their lesson, but they provide an invaluable service, so they need to be respected and supported as well.

MarkM34

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
It's good that people are noticing this because it's important to stamp out that kind of behaviour. It's very important to keep spreading the message so more people are awake to what is going on. It's obvious that the way things are now is unacceptable.

Americans could learn a lot from the Filipinos who I would like to say are pros on doing protests. We have impeached 3 of our presidents simply by doing a peaceful protest. More unity is needed. I think that is the secret here.

Absolutely. We have the numbers but it's important to stand together and fight in a committed and peaceful way.

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA
While America is busy fighting wars overseas, there is a war going on in its own soil and I'm not sure if the President even really cares about this whole thing. I'm talking about the Againt the Cops protests happening in many different states now. This is pretty much leading to nowhere, the way I'm seeing it by the way. What's your opinion about it?
It's not about the president caring, the president is a president like a corporation and the main job of any president is to increase revenue and to protect the interest of those that are in control. We have to stop thinking these people are on our side, they are not.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
It is of utmost importance to remain peaceful in protest. Otherwise, we risk being dragged down to their level. Any disorder will just result in protesters being arrested and branded as "troublemakers".

fire421

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
I think it should definitely be addressed by the president and action should be taken. There was a case in New York where two policemen were shot and killed for no reason that was likely related to the recent police brutality.