Police Brutality | Page 4 | World Defense

Police Brutality

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
The assumption made is that police brutality is race issue. It's not. American society has decayed into a morally decadent, violent place. Police brutality is but a reflection of a problem that's much deeper. Police reforms would help with combating their problem but sooner or later it will creep right back.

Nonetheless; body cameras will deter to police from using excessive force when it's not justified. But we still have a long way to go.

kittyworker

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
USA
Do you think gun control laws would help this situation? Maybe if police weren't waved guns at them everyday they wouldn't shoot people so much?

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Not likely. You can make it illegal to own a gun but criminals would still find a way to get guns. So if the bad guys still have guns even if it's illegal to own them, things would only be worse. There would be more crimes committed. And as a result we'd have more extra-judicial killings than before. So, no, stricter gun control laws wouldn't remedy the situation.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
It's not about the president caring, the president is a president like a corporation and the main job of any president is to increase revenue and to protect the interest of those that are in control. We have to stop thinking these people are on our side, they are not.

I'm starting to believe that the government is nothing but a corporation. I just hopes at least do something about it. I'm seeing no effort.

Catherine Smith

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
While America is busy fighting wars overseas, there is a war going on in its own soil and I'm not sure if the President even really cares about this whole thing. I'm talking about the Againt the Cops protests happening in many different states now. This is pretty much leading to nowhere, the way I'm seeing it by the way. What's your opinion about it?
I am originally from U.K., however I live in Switzerland at present.before I move here I was under the impression that the Swiss nation and people where a peace an loving country. How wrong could I have been!!!! Racism is terrible, they treat people of colour terrible. Let say a car accident happened, if one of the drivers happened to be a black person, AUTOMATICALLY, he would get the blame from the police, whether he caused the accident or not!???!!! So yes I think the way Obama is acting towards the problems in the states terrible, he is kind of ignoring it and hoping the problem will go away. However, I advice any person who is not blond, with white skin and blue eyes, to travel with extreme caution if visiting Switzerland. Even people from Crotia (the tend to be dark hair, olive skin etc) , are picked on. It is terrible to witness, I have seen a young black American boy being picked on by some locals. Although my german I'd not great, the got the idea that I was VERY ANGRY with them for bullying the poor kid from America. My husband I moved here because the job market was bad in the U.K., but I can not wait to go home, I hope Obama address the police problem soon for you guys

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
Do you think gun control laws would help this situation? Maybe if police weren't waved guns at them everyday they wouldn't shoot people so much?

I think that gun control is a necessary step to be honest, but to make that step happen awareness has to be created saying that guns do kill, people seem to fail to realize that.

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
That is pretty harsh @Catherine. I'm sure racism exists everywhere, in my country we do not discriminate that much based on race. But yea, that being said, Obama could address the police problem faster but I doubt it. He seems to be interested more on external affairs rather than on internal affairs.

Catherine Smith

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Of course it is leading no where. We are just dividing among ourselves making ourselves vulnerable and bringing about issues (racism) back to the surface rather then eliminate them. As a matter of fact, I found a video that speaks for itself on the issue.

And there are a lot of others who feel and think the same way.
KimberlyD, I think you should apply for the job of adviser to the president!!!! You makes great deal of sense in your video. I am originally from England and now live in Switzerland (my husband got a job here), but will return home in the next couple of years. The only thing I would add to your amazing video is the word RESPECT. I do believe respect starts at home. I was fortunate to be blessed with a daughter. The main thing I taught her was to respect herself and others, where respect is due. I treated my daughter as my equal and with respect. This pays off, she is now 18, gone off to college in England and I don't need to worry about what she says and does because I hope I have done a good enough job of teaching her respect her peers and elders. Stand up on the bus and give your seat to an old lady, remember your pleases and thank yous (it costs nothing to be respectful of others). Of course through her life people may not respect her, but she has learned to turn away and not engage with these people BECAUSE it takes a bigger person to turn the other cheek. Thank you for your words of wisdom KimerlyD, now remember apply for Presidents assistants job...

Catherine Smith

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
That is pretty harsh @Catherine. I'm sure racism exists everywhere, in my country we do not discriminate that much based on race. But yea, that being said, Obama could address the police problem faster but I doubt it. He seems to be interested more on external affairs rather than on internal affairs.
Harsh maybe, but the truth sometimes hurts. Obama should spend more money and time fixing his own country's problems and leave other country's help sort out external affairs. It does not need to be America who leads the way......

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal

I agree with this, the problem is growing a little out of proportion and we can't forget that the police keeps the law and order. Punishing the officers that don't should be a priority to restore the faith on the police.

Catherine Smith

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I agree with this, the problem is growing a little out of proportion and we can't forget that the police keeps the law and order. Punishing the officers that don't should be a priority to restore the faith on the police.
When I am passionate about an issue, I can come across as being harsh, but I cannot understand why people are so ignorant to the fact that ALL organisations have good and bad in them. Any organisation be it the police, the army, medical staff or social services etc, needs to be lead by a strong moralistic person. Respect is not given it is EARNT!!!! If we all understood this simple principle the world would be a more peaceful place?????

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
When I am passionate about an issue, I can come across as being harsh, but I cannot understand why people are so ignorant to the fact that ALL organisations have good and bad in them. Any organisation be it the police, the army, medical staff or social services etc, needs to be lead by a strong moralistic person. Respect is not given it is EARNT!!!! If we all understood this simple principle the world would be a more peaceful place?????
Of course all organisations have good and bad in them. Regarding police brutality, I have seen reports that it has dropped when officers wear camers. It's not a recent problem, police brutality has been around for quite a few decades

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
That can be a good idea tournique, putting the police officers wearing cameras would for sure make things clearer and make them more responsible for their actions, as long as there is budget for everyone of them to wear a camera.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
That can be a good idea tournique, putting the police officers wearing cameras would for sure make things clearer and make them more responsible for their actions, as long as there is budget for everyone of them to wear a camera.

It doesn't matter though, because the Eric Garner case was captured on video! And the one who got in trouble with the law is the guy who posted the video. Let that sink in for a second. -_-

I think that gun control is a necessary step to be honest, but to make that step happen awareness has to be created saying that guns do kill, people seem to fail to realize that.

The guns are not the problem here. It's the people who trigger them. People who think they are above the law.

Harsh maybe, but the truth sometimes hurts. Obama should spend more money and time fixing his own country's problems and leave other country's help sort out external affairs. It does not need to be America who leads the way......

I kind of agree on this one. Obama has to focus first on the inside and stop meddling with foreign affairs for now. His business should be America and that should be the priority.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
The assumption made is that police brutality is race issue. It's not. American society has decayed into a morally decadent, violent place. Police brutality is but a reflection of a problem that's much deeper. Police reforms would help with combating their problem but sooner or later it will creep right back.

Nonetheless; body cameras will deter to police from using excessive force when it's not justified. But we still have a long way to go.

I agree that it is definitely not a race issue. It is a national crisis! These cops are already acting like Nazis and it doesn't matter whether you are black or white. If they don't like you, they could do stuff to you. There are white people who also got in trouble with the cops but they are not sensationalized on the news like African Americans.