Polygamy and multiple partners? | Page 2 | World Defense

Polygamy and multiple partners?

Jason76

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
I don't think it's a good idea cause it messes up the gene pool. The gene pool should have some variety. It's a scientific fact a pool without variation massively increases the possibility of genetically related diseases.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I don't think it's a good idea cause it messes up the gene pool. The gene pool should have some variety. It's a scientific fact a pool without variation massively increases the possibility of genetically related diseases.

How so? I failed to understand your point, could you please elaborate.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Certain cultures that practice polygamy ended up causing more harm than good. I prefer monogamy because it's clear and less messy. The moral, legal and emotional dimensions aren't convoluted so it's not likely to get bloody particularly in the aspect of inheritance.

Zepplin

Reactions
24 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Each to their own.
It should be no business of the state what 2,3,4+ consenting adults want to do.
If it doesn't affect people that don't want to be affected, I don't see a problem.
I myself believe in just one partner at a time and would never engage in anything with multiple partners.

sarvar_preus

Reactions
95 1 0
Country
Germany
Personally I am a one woman man. however I admit I do get.... urges when i see other women.
that said through both through my love of my current partner (assuming i have one at the time) & through my own mental strength I resist my primal urges.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Personally I am a one woman man. however I admit I do get.... urges when i see other women.
that said through both through my love of my current partner (assuming i have one at the time) & through my own mental strength I resist my primal urges.

According to anthropologists Murdock and George Peter about 78% of human societies are polygynous. Would you marry two if it was allowed in you society? I would get four an have my own room and call it the Lion room. ¶•¶

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
Hindu marriage act forbids polygamy and its criminal offense. You need to first divorce your wife to marry someone else.

I dont know anyone engaged in polygamy.

Three or four of the DMK ministers, including Karunanidhi. Balu was another; I am now out of touch, there was a third, there may be more. Tamil Nadu is the land of the Chinna Veedu.

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
I have read somewhere that polygamy exist in india among non muslims (Hindu) how true is that?

In religious terms, no bar; in civic terms, there is a strict legal prohibition. Unfortunately, in cases of bigamy, the first wife has to prefer charges against the bigamous couple. That doesn't happen, due to social pressure, and the fear of losing the husband's financial and economic support.

vsdoc

BANNED
Reactions
38 1 0
Country
India
One needs to be endowed with immense patience, a strong shrinkage of the gonads, a virulent masochistic streak, or be stone deaf, one or more of the above, to look at a permanent multiple marital relationship status, if its not just about the sex.

Personally I'd rather have a tooth pulled without anesthesia.

Cheers, Doc

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
What are your guys opinions on polygamy and multiple partners not through marriage? I know many people are against polygamy but they have no problem with group sex or switching partners every other weekend. In my religion, polygamy is permitted, however I don't find it necessary for the modern world. I am against it. I know some folks oppose it but are hypocritical when they don't oppose pretty much same thing just without marriage contract.

I oppose both, as you may know. Group sex does happen but not as likely as hooking up. I'm sure everyone here knows what hooking up is. And hooking up is common, it's pretty much sex with anybody that seems attractive then moving on.

I don't see how someone who values his manhood is willing to engage in this. I am in the boat that both ideas are wrong and man should be reserved about his sex life and live with a happy woman with his significant other. When you marry on your wife, to me I interpret it as wanting to hook up with more woman. And if you're preaching that you're the religious folks, I dont buy that shit, dont preach religion and go around trying to hook up.

What are your opinions on this? Do you agree that the controversy against polygamy doesn't make sense if we accept it in difference practices just not written on paper?
Since i turned 15, my manhood was having a toll on me. I have a good islamic background alhamdulillah with no stupid extremism (referring to arrogant, extra-unislamic thoughts/practices), but my parents are as usual typical Pakistanis who consider Age 28,32 for marriage. I was alone, only child, in a pool of severe depression, from being a topper in school, my graph came down extensively in high school. But no one cared to understand me as only words i wanted to listen where "Finish your studies, As well as earn while studies so that you can be setup post studies" but NOPE, i used to hear "Don't even think of Marriage again before 30". I also become a bit rebelled to my parents but just internally in mind. Later on, i developed many interests out of that loneliness and depressed time such as movies, news, aviation (that was even before 13 age, i wanted to become aeronautical eng from Emirates aviation College but later on, time went by, fee structure was just a burden to see to gave up on it, hence why i am here on this forum today, thanks to jets, still have all the small scaled accurate toy models of many jets such as tomcat, M2K, F-16 and many more that i used to play with as a child), these interests were to just forget everything, stay in a delusional world. Later on, all those thoughts, new manhood, disappeared to much extent, living happily now, don't care about all this much but yeah, still living in my own separate world that i created out of that time, addicted to it. Not interested in relationships / girls, never was even then.

So this was in reply to "I don't see how someone who values his manhood is willing to engage in this. I am in the boat that both ideas are wrong and man should be reserved about his sex life and live with a happy woman with his significant other." Man has the ability to control his desires, control himself, Allah has given the highest authority to men in this world for a reason, because he can do almost anything if he makes his mind to. One must have this ability to think even himself as a separate entity from his mind and must control the actions of this entity wisely.

After all this, and now being a mature young man, i have this poetic mind inside me as you mentioned "Significant other", wanting a 'SOUL' mate, not due to some physical desires but for mental peace, a wise lady to help me and get help in different phases of life. Plain simple. Never even thought of Polygamy. That is portrayed or the circumstances these days have made it appear a failed practice. Polygamy or multiple wives could be a toll on mind, given the stupid mind ladies accompany mostly.

As for those, who actively involved in group sex/extra marital sex while call polygamy an evil act, they are hypocrites. They are the same people who try to avoid segregation in schools, indecent cloths for children, and in the end, those children end up losing virginity by age 12, 14 and down as 10 or 9.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Oh boy, I forgot I even posted something like this. This was five years ago when I was still a kid and having a bunch thoughts on a lot of topics. And I gave my opinions on a lot of them.

Basically my mindset at the time of creating this thread was I thought polygamy was no different than having multiple pre-marital relationships over a period of time. I thought of it as something wrong.

Now that I am 5 years older now. My views have changed. Polygamy is okay in Islam and I don't mind if people have more than one wife. And I don't think manhood has anything to do with anything(contrary to my old opinion as a kid). Lifestyle today is different and I personally don't care what people do in their love lives anymore. I just focus on myself.

Since i turned 15, my manhood was having a toll on me. I have a good islamic background alhamdulillah with no stupid extremism (referring to arrogant, extra-unislamic thoughts/practices), but my parents are as usual typical Pakistanis who consider Age 28,32 for marriage. I was alone, only child, in a pool of severe depression, from being a topper in school, my graph came down extensively in high school. But no one cared to understand me as only words i wanted to listen where "Finish your studies, As well as earn while studies so that you can be setup post studies" but NOPE, i used to hear "Don't even think of Marriage again before 30". I also become a bit rebelled to my parents but just internally in mind. Later on, i developed many interests out of that loneliness and depressed time such as movies, news, aviation (that was even before 13 age, i wanted to become aeronautical eng from Emirates aviation College but later on, time went by, fee structure was just a burden to see to gave up on it, hence why i am here on this forum today, thanks to jets, still have all the small scaled accurate toy models of many jets such as tomcat, M2K, F-16 and many more that i used to play with as a child), these interests were to just forget everything, stay in a delusional world. Later on, all those thoughts, new manhood, disappeared to much extent, living happily now, don't care about all this much but yeah, still living in my own separate world that i created out of that time, addicted to it. Not interested in relationships / girls, never was even then.

So this was in reply to "I don't see how someone who values his manhood is willing to engage in this. I am in the boat that both ideas are wrong and man should be reserved about his sex life and live with a happy woman with his significant other." Man has the ability to control his desires, control himself, Allah has given the highest authority to men in this world for a reason, because he can do almost anything if he makes his mind to. One must have this ability to think even himself as a separate entity from his mind and must control the actions of this entity wisely.

After all this, and now being a mature young man, i have this poetic mind inside me as you mentioned "Significant other", wanting a 'SOUL' mate, not due to some physical desires but for mental peace, a wise lady to help me and get help in different phases of life. Plain simple. Never even thought of Polygamy. That is portrayed or the circumstances these days have made it appear a failed practice. Polygamy or multiple wives could be a toll on mind, given the stupid mind ladies accompany mostly.

As for those, who actively involved in group sex/extra marital sex while call polygamy an evil act, they are hypocrites. They are the same people who try to avoid segregation in schools, indecent cloths for children, and in the end, those children end up losing virginity by age 12, 14 and down as 10 or 9.

Nice bro, I am similar to you in some ways. For me, I can't see myself in a relationship out of physical desires. If I wanted that, I would just indulge in the party lifestyle. I would have to be compatible with a girl to be in a relationship wth her. That can also live through life with me like you detailed in your post.

That's you good have your own interests on the side. I don't share all kinds of interests with people my age. I find some stuff they do to be boring. Some others I enjoy, though. But to fill in gap for what I don't enjoy, I have my own interests I like to follow up on. And I like to get away from everyone sometimes to just enjoy catching up with stuff I like.

I agree with you here too, those against it are often okay with what you described which doesn't make sense.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Oh boy, I forgot I even posted something like this. This was five years ago when I was still a kid and having a bunch thoughts on a lot of topics. And I gave my opinions on a lot of them.

Basically my mindset at the time of creating this thread was I thought polygamy was no different than having multiple pre-marital relationships over a period of time. I thought of it as something wrong.

Now that I am 5 years older now. My views have changed. Polygamy is okay in Islam and I don't mind if people have more than one wife. And I don't think manhood has anything to do with anything(contrary to my old opinion as a kid). Lifestyle today is different and I personally don't care what people do in their love lives anymore. I just focus on myself.
26B70BF7-5514-4DA1-A5D0-233C1333E30F.jpeg

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
§§• @Khafee first the model thread and now this, let me search what else do we have here....I wonder where all the tharki lot went
You missing them?