Portugal in Pictures | Page 2 | World Defense

Portugal in Pictures

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Oh my, Portugal's beaches are just breathtaking. I haven't paid much attention to this country in the past but now I'm seriously considering going there after seeing pictures of its shores. The atmosphere somehow reminds me of Greece. Must be because they have more or less the same climate? I'd like to see the cathedrals and medieval castles too.

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
We are a small country xTinx, we only have 10 million people living here, but yes, we have a similar atmosphere to Greece, south of Span, Italy and even Croatia, the Mediterranean countries.

Here's a castle just for you, Guimarães. :)

Castelo_de_Guimar%C3%A3es_Castelo-da_Funda%C3%A7%C3%A3o.JPG

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I am from Portugal too and I can say that the food is the best, we have plenty of diversity and the cuisine is healthy generally speaking. I've heard people saying that we are a rather friendly people as well. :)

Can you tell me more about the culture? I didn't engage much with the locals when I was there, but you're right about the food being the best! The best in the Mediterranean at least, just my opinion.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
Yeah, way better than the Spanish or from the UK. Italian food is good too, but I think it has less diversity. As for the culture, we are a really laid back people, we like to enjoy ourselves and usually we don't make any trouble. :)

weepforsweep

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
Portugal looks like a very beautiful country. How much would it cost to visit this country and how safe is it for tourists?

galmal

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
Stunning photos, thanks for posting. It's always interesting to see images of places we've never been - it's like putting a face to a name. I feel like I've gotten to "know" Portugal a little better. You must have an amazing history. Being from the US, our written history is only a few hundred years. How old is the castle in the photo you posted?

goncalogdct

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Portugal
Portugal looks like a very beautiful country. How much would it cost to visit this country and how safe is it for tourists?

Portugal is consistently rated as one of the best countries to visit worldwide. Moreover, if you ask the majority of people who visited they will tell you: Portuguese people are really nice.

You should visit this site, it has lots of information for people who want to visit :)

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
Pretty much, usually tourists are pretty safe, so really no concerns about that. As for prices, that would totally depend from where you are coming from and where are you planning to stay, there are prices for everyone.

fliktor7

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
6 0 0
Country
Spain
Wow, amazing pictures, it is a bit sad to think that I'm from Spain (which is so near from Portugal) I never visited your country, I should do someday ^__^

But I should say that Spanish food is awesome, in fact, I think is the best we have. Maybe we should do somekind of cooking competition one of this days! ;)

goncalogdct

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Portugal
Wow, amazing pictures, it is a bit sad to think that I'm from Spain (which is so near from Portugal) I never visited your country, I should do someday ^__^

But I should say that Spanish food is awesome, in fact, I think is the best we have. Maybe we should do somekind of cooking competition one of this days! ;)

I would attend without any doubt. I really love both our gastronomies, which, despite us being so close to each other in space, are so different from each other. Occasionally I enjoy visiting Spain and trying random restaurants, which, more often than not, turn out to be very good.
Anyway, if that cooking competition ever happens, count me in, please :p

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal

Haha, it's unhealthier... I've been to Spain a couple of times, you should come here and check us out. I do love the paella though. :) How did you put the EU flag there?

wahmed

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
This looks gorgeous. A perfect place for a relaxing holiday. This is officially added to my must visit list.

May102014

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
6 0 0
Country
USA
I believe this country is also called a place to be. I've seen in the pictures the beautiful and amazing landmarks and beaches of the place and that is the true meaning of awesomeness and beauty. I am very much sure that I will go there and witness the magnificent building structures, the food and the people.

TommyVercetti

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
If you're a history buff or and architectural hobbyist you'll love visiting Portugal. I went there a couple of years ago and there are a lot of historical sites like monuments and castles that you could readily visit. Most have something to do with the era of exploration, around the 1500-1600s, in the time of Columbus and Magellan. They have monuments dedicated to them if I remember correctly.

elmarianexx

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Cool, pictures. The photo of the beach you have posted is very similar to a beach in Karpathos Greece I was at in June this year. :) Keep them coming.