President Obama threatened to shoot down Israeli jets if they attacked Iran | World Defense

President Obama threatened to shoot down Israeli jets if they attacked Iran

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
President Obama threatened to shoot down Israeli jets | Daily Mail Online

President Obama is alleged to have stopped an Israeli military attack against Iran's nuclear facilities in 2014 by threatening to shoot down Israeli jets before they could reach their targets, according to reports to emerge from the Middle East at the weekend

The threat from the U.S. forced Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu to abort a planned attack on Iran, reported Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Jarida.

Netanyahu will be in Washington for an address to Congress on Tuesday aimed squarely at derailing Obama's cherished bid for a diplomatic deal with Tehran.

For six years, President Obama and Netanyahu have been on a collision course over how to halt Iran's nuclear ambitions, a high-stakes endeavor both men see as a centerpiece of their legacies.

The Netanyahu government took the decision to strike Iran last year after discovering that the U.S. and Iran were involved in secret talks over Iran's nuclear program and were about to sign an agreement in that regard behind Israel's back.

The report claimed that an unnamed Israeli minister who has good ties with the US administration revealed the attack plan to Secretary of State John Kerry, and that Obama then threatened to shoot down the Israeli jets before they could reach their targets in Iran.

According to the report, 'Netanyahu and his commanders agreed after four nights of deliberations to task the Israeli army's chief of staff, Benny Gantz, to prepare a qualitative operation against Iran's nuclear program.

'In addition, Netanyahu and his ministers decided to do whatever they could do to thwart a possible agreement between Iran and the White House because such an agreement is, allegedly, a threat to Israel's security.'

The sources added that Gantz and his commanders prepared the requested plan and that Israeli fighter jets trained for several weeks in order to make sure the plans would work successfully.

Israeli fighter jets reportedly even carried out experimental flights in Iran's airspace after they managed to break through radars.

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro
Meh, if something like this happened I'm sure it wasn't even one percent as agressive and surprising as this article makes it sound. Once again reporters writing "sensational" articles just to get some views.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
I doubt that even the big fool in the White House would stoop this low! If he did, that would be treacherous indeed! I know that he has done everything he could to undermine Israel's credibility, and our alliance with them, but I can only hope this isn't true. Of course, with our lousy media, who knows?

wahmed

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Media propaganda really makes me laugh. I really really doubt something like this actually happened. If it did happen I wholly doubt it happened on this scale

jeremy2

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Kenya
The effect of this would have reached an unprecedented scale. Methinks this would have triggered an all out war with the effect of drawing in a number of nations with vested interests in that region.