Protests & Riots in America | Page 4 | World Defense

Protests & Riots in America

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
@Khafee @Counter-Errorist

Title should be changed to Protests/Riots in America in my opinion. Since both are happening in real time. And to address the political context of this situation.

Can you tell us who the head of 'Antifa' is? And if it is a ? It is not, so you can't put a non-existent entity on a terrorist list which requires a complex legal process. Antifa is similar to something like the incel movement. They are people who proclaim to share similar aims and/or values. Individuals that claim to share such aims/values can partake in criminal behavior and dealt with by law as individuals, but there isn't actually an 'antifa' or 'incel' organization that exists.

So, Trump insinuating that they are an real organization is invalid. These details are important and matter, otherwise we don't live in a democracy and will become like any other dictatorship in the world. You are part of the problem when you only do not fact check your president or the republican party you are affiliated with. Being a republican or democrat is part of our social fabric in America, but I highly encourage both republicans and democrats to fact check their sides and protect American values. One big problem on republican side is one you exhibit, stubborn support of anything Trump says or wants to do even if it contradicts American values. One big problem on democrat side is political correctness/cancel culture. Both sides need to address their problems but they are both doubling down and hence we have lots of division in this country due to counterproductive stubbornness.

So now getting to the 'antifa' thing, here is another non-existent entity known as 'Boogaloo'. It is not actually an organization but another self proclaimed movement which doesn't function like an organization. You cannot put this non-existent organization on a terrorist list. However, some individuals that claim to share values/aims of the can commit federal crimes and be arrested/charged for them. Trump didn't mention them however since all he cares about is demonizing the left as part of a republican campaign strategy. Nor do his supporters as they are biased, hypocritical and non-principled people that don't seek a common ground with rest of country. And that is only going to lead to tensions in the country and ultimately, failure.

Here is an example of the 'Boogaloo' incident:

Three men who allegedly sought to exploit protests and incite violence in Las Vegas have been charged, according to the US Attorney’s Office for the District of Nevada.

In a federal complaint filed on Tuesday, each man was charged with one count of conspiracy to damage and destroy by fire and explosive, and one count of possession of unregistered firearms. They are currently in state custody.

All three were Las Vegas residents and alleged members of the “a term used by extremists to signify a coming civil war and/or collapse of society,” according to a press release by the Attorney's Office today.

According to the complaint, authorities seized numerous accelerants, including gasoline, fuel injector cleaner, hair spray, strips of clothes, and four glass jars filled with a liquid that tested positive as gasoline, from one of the men's vehicles.

They also found multiple rags, cans of hairspray, a plastic bag full of fireworks, a 12-gauge shotgun with numerous shotgun shells and a 45 ACP pistol in his vehicle.

Ongoing investigations nationwide: Federal law enforcement officials have told CNN that investigators believe extremists from both left and right have been involved. Investigations are still ongoing and prosecutors often add information to the charging documents.
No I can't, but they do exist, I just posted video to prove it, in that outpost I would say the fat guy doing all the talking in charge. Is there someone in charge of the whole organization, (US and Europe) I don't know, my guess would be, that there is someone in charge here in US, and money is flowing in from somewhere. Whether Trump can can put them on a terror list, whether they are a politically registered organization, doesn't really matter to me, Trump says things he doesn't mean all day, who cares. But you can't watch that video above and say "They don't exist". As far as the “Boogaloo” movement, which I have to admit, I never heard of, it must be a small movement, they should do away with them clowns too.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
Why can't Trump and his supporters say the same thing the federal law enforcement officials are saying? If they want to be stubborn and continue to amplify the divide in this country than they are going to make for a worsening environment in this country and we see the results today. If you think I have a personal stake in this fight then you are wrong as I've told you before I'm neither right or left. I'm more in the middle. If you see yourself as more American than me than you should realize if this country goes to hell I can pack up and leave and you will not have an option to just seek refuge anywhere. You guys need to see the harm you are causing to this country by making stubborn and doubling down on your biases and campaign strategies. It poisons the social and political environment in this country and can break out into a civil war anytime.

Most of you guys who think you won't mind that are delusional, none of can handle the adversity of a civil war and chaos, the damage that will be done to the dollar, the massive inflation and massive unemployment and losing our standing as the top superpower in the world. It would no longer be the case.
Are talking to me? Trump says whatever he wants to, I don't need to parrot the Feds they got a mouth to speak with. Some people on this forum didn't know if Antifa existed, so I posted some stuff so they could see for themselves that they do exist. I wasn't trying to make you mad, but apparently seeing that they do exist, is upsetting you, it shouldn't. Relax, everything is OK my friend.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
@Falcon29 , this should put you at ease, they apparently know already:

In August 2017, a petition was lodged with the White House petitioning system We the People calling upon President Donald Trump to formally classify "AntiFa" as terrorist. The White House responded in 2018 that federal law does not have a mechanism for formally designating domestic terrorist organizations

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
No I can't, but they do exist, I just posted video to prove it, in that outpost I would say the fat guy doing all the talking in charge. Is there someone in charge of the whole organization, (US and Europe) I don't know, my guess would be, that there is someone in charge here in US, and money is flowing in from somewhere. Whether Trump can can put them on a terror list, whether they are a politically registered organization, doesn't really matter to me, Trump says things he doesn't mean all day, who cares. But you can't watch that video above and say "They don't exist".

You are not comprehending what I said properly so I'll give you a chance to read it again:

Can you tell us who the head of 'Antifa' is? And if it is a ? It is not, so you can't put a non-existent entity on a terrorist list which requires a complex legal process. Antifa is similar to something like the incel movement. They are people who proclaim to share similar aims and/or values. Individuals that claim to share such aims/values can partake in criminal behavior and dealt with by law as individuals, but there isn't actually an 'antifa' or 'incel' organization that exists.

As far as the “Boogaloo” movement, which I have to admit, I never heard of, it must be a small movement, they should do away with them clowns too.

That's not how it works in America, you can't do away with people who claim to be anti-fascist or pro-this and that. They have to commit federal offenses and the FBI deals with them. They are not actual organizations and can't be pursued collectively. They are as much of an organization as internet incels are.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Whether Trump can can put them on a terror list, whether they are a politically registered organization, doesn't really matter to me, Trump says things he doesn't mean all day, who cares.

It matters to the rest of us, he posted that tweet for no reason during protests related to the George Floyd incident. And he does mean it, but he can't do what he wants to do. Our legal processes in this nation don't allow for it. So you might not care and downplay his controversial posts and policies, but rest of the country does. Some of you guys didn't take the coronavirus seriously, like Trump, and as a result we are the hardest hit country by the virus. And majority of country disapproves of his handling of the pandemic. But, according to Trumpers he can't do anything wrong and that's not a good mentality to have and we see the results of that. There would be no protests in Washington DC if it wasn't for his tweets.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Are talking to me? Trump says whatever he wants to, I don't need to parrot the Feds they got a mouth to speak with. Some people on this forum didn't know if Antifa existed, so I posted some stuff so they could see for themselves that they do exist. I wasn't trying to make you mad, but apparently seeing that they do exist, is upsetting you, it shouldn't. Relax, everything is OK my friend.

I'm talking to you and Trump, you fall under category of Trump support base that feel he can't do anything wrong. This is factually incorrect and a misconstruing of reality. You are assuming I'm mad, I'm not, you quoted my post about Trump's tweet regarding Antifa and tried proving it's a real organization when it isn't. It's just a wanna be movement that attempts to unite activists around the nation around a certain cause. It doesn't really work but that doesn't mean there can't be left wing individuals who champion such anti-fascists causes that can be dangerous. You need to pay attention to detail and understand what I'm writing as I believe you're perfectly capable of doing that.

I think Trump is the one that needs to relax, along with the rioters, right wing pundits that want a brutal crackdown and left wing pundits with cancel culture and excessive outrage. I'm identifying all the bad actors in this current situation, and that's what's needed for us to move on. It's not hard to admit responsibility for being wrong. It's a courageous thing to do.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
@Falcon29 , this should put you at ease, they apparently know already:

In August 2017, a petition was lodged with the White House petitioning system We the People calling upon President Donald Trump to formally classify "AntiFa" as terrorist. The White House responded in 2018 that federal law does not have a mechanism for formally designating domestic terrorist organizations

I googled this and can't find any link associated with this, can you post the source? That still doesn't change the fact that 'Antifa' is an attempt at creating a popular movement and isn't an organization. Just like the 'MAGA' movement is not an organization but rather a movement of people sharing similar views. You cannot decide to designate the 'MAGA movement' as an terrorist organization. Trump's tweet about antifa expressed such intent, during protests unrelated to antifa. To express that he sees no value or meaning to the George Floyd protests. That's his intention and that's why everyone found it controversial. No one cares about antifa.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
You are not comprehending what I said properly so I'll give you a chance to read it again:

That's not how it works in America, you can't do away with people who claim to be anti-fascist or pro-this and that. They have to commit federal offenses and the FBI deals with them. They are not actual organizations and can't be pursued collectively. They are as much of an organization as internet incels are.
I am not reading anymore of what your writing, I guess we go back to the way things used to be, I just ignore you, you take everything I say literally, "That's not how it works in America, you can't do away with people" really? You actually think I was saying to line people up against a wall and shoot them. I can't talk to you when your like this, your all worked up.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
I am not reading anymore of what your writing, I guess we go back to the way things used to be, I just ignore you, you take everything I say literally, "That's not how it works in America, you can't do away with people" really? You actually think I was saying to line people up against a wall and shoot them. I can't talk to you when your like this, your all worked up.

You are just being your usual self, misconstruing what I say and ignoring the substance of the argument. Because facts and reality seem to disturb you. You are entitled to ignore me but I'm just as entitled to challenge your views. The Trump can do nothing wrong view and you pushing republican campaign strategy rhetoric here is not helpful for the country or productive for this forum. So ignoring the experts and facts is not going to work well, look what it did for Trump regarding the pandemic alone.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
So I hope you understand mtime7 that you should be a rational actor in all of this. It should not be hard for you to also condemn Trump's handling of the George Floyd incident and followup protests. You can still support him, I am not a secret leftist with an agenda, I told you I fall in the center. I'm pro-logic and rationality. There were no protests at Washington DC when that Arbery fellow was killed in Georgia because Trump handled the situation in a rational manner. With this situation, he made remarks before his counterproductive tweets and have his opinion on the incident and the rioting. Again, he still had no trouble. Until he put on a twitter crusade that was counterproductive, that's when protests intensified and people staged demonstrations in the DC area and around the white house.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA

Ex-Minneapolis cop told other officers 'you shouldn't do this' during George Floyd's arrest, lawyer says

One of the four former Minneapolis officers charged in George Floyd’s death tried to warn his fellow officers during the arrest, his attorney claimed in court Thursday.

J. Alexander Kueng hadn’t yet completed his third full shift as a police officer when the deadly arrest occurred, his attorney Tom Plunkett claimed. Plunkett says Kueng allegedly told his fellow officers as they were detaining Floyd, “You shouldn’t do that."

Kueng was in court on Thursday along with former officers Tou Thao and Thomas Lane after being charged on Wednesday with aiding and abetting murder, as well as aiding and abetting manslaughter, in the case. A fourth officer, Derek Chauvin, was charged with second-degree murder after video showed Chauvin placed his knee on Floyd’s neck for more than eight minutes while detaining him on May 25.

Lane was also new to the job, only on the force for four days when the incident occurred, his attorney Earl Gray claimed. His lawyer said that Lane twice asked Chauvin, a training officer, “Shall we roll him over?” He also expressed concern that Floyd may be in “delirium.”

“What is my client supposed to do other than follow what the training officer said?” Gray said in court.

A judge ordered Kueng, Lane and Thao each an unconditional bail of $1 million compounded with $750,000 of conditional bail. No pleas were entered.

All four of the former officers face a maximum sentence of 40 years in prison, according to the criminal complaints.

Multiple videos have been released on Floyd’s arrest, with one showing him pinned down by three different officers near a patrol car while a fourth stands near his head.

"Please, please, please, I can't breathe," Floyd begged in one video caught by a bystander. "My stomach hurts. My neck hurts. Please, please. I can't breathe."

Lane and Kueng were the first officers to arrive at the scene that night, as they investigated a report that a possible counterfeit $20 bill had been passed at the Cup Foods grocery store, according to the complaint against Chauvin. When Lane found Floyd parked nearby, the officer pulled his gun, had Floyd get out of his car and handcuffed him, the complaint said.

A cuffed Floyd was eventually put face-down on the pavement with Kueng holding down his back and Lane pressing down his legs, the charging document against Chauvin said. While a distressed Floyd said “I can’t breathe,” “Mama” and “please” several times, Lane asked, “Should we roll him on his side?”

“No, staying put where we got him,” Chauvin responded, according to the complaint. “I am worried about excited delirium or whatever,” Lane allegedly said. “That’s why we have him on his stomach,” Chauvin responded, according to the complaint.

The official autopsy from the Hennepin County medical examiner listed Floyd's cause of death as a "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression."

The medical examiner ruled that Floyd's death was a homicide, but added that he had "significant" underlying conditions, including hypertensive heart disease, fentanyl intoxication and recent methamphetamine use.

But an examination funded by Floyd’s family reached a somewhat different conclusion. It found that police officers' pressing on his neck and body cut blood and air flow to his brain, causing him to die by mechanical asphyxia, pathologists hired by the family said.

Chauvin was initially charged with third-degree murder and manslaughter last week, but Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison elevated the prosecutorial case by adding a second-degree murder charge on Wednesday. Ellison said his team will assert that Chauvin committed a felony assault which unintentionally resulted in Floyd's death, which fits the requirements for second-degree murder.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
What an embarrassing time to be an American, we have two political bases in this country that take things too far on too many matters and they're showing no sign of stopping.

Here's on example of another insensitive and controversial comment by our President:

Here's an example of an democratic congressman supporting something irrational, there is no alternative public safety mechanism that is known to work:

Like I've always said, people are delusional and fighting for causes in this country that don't solve anything. Anyone that believes anything other than repenting to God and abiding by the path he put out for us is going to fix our problems is crazy. The majority of political disputes in this nation can be solved if people repent to God and remember their purpose as humans on earth.

Otherwise we are going to have to continue to deal with this toxicity from both sides that's getting more ferocious by the day. More disingenuous, dishonest, insincere, misguided, pitiful and abhorrent.

Republican base will continue voting for Trump and supporting everything he does as a way to express they stand for the white community in America. Democratic party will continue suggesting white people are privileged and more needs to done for minorities. Both of them are wrong in a lot of ways and what they have in common is that they don't believe in God nor obey him. So they don't care about being irrational and racist/bigoted and covering up it as something else. And they don't care about putting so much effort into something for something other than God. That's why they will get anywhere and it's already cursed.

If you're American, clean your hands of both parties(don't join their irrational and stubborn efforts, but still be involved and do good) and repent to God and be patient for God to bless an effort on this earth to build a society that obeys him.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
America is a prime example of what God means when he curses a nation and the hearts of its people. The social fabric of this country is destroyed ever since immorality began thriving. Immorality doesn't mean sinning only it also includes dishonesty, being disingenuous, seeking more than what is just, etc.... It's millions of things.

So for those that don't live in America don't be confused, it's held together because of law enforcement, quality of life and peoples fear of death. They are way too scared of dying otherwise a civil war would've erupted. And if a civil war ever erupted it would be unwillingly, those who would come out to fight would come out with the belief that they will survive and win the fight, none will come out with belief they are fighting for a just cause that they're willing to die for. Because none of them can face God and sincerely claim to him that they believed they were fighting for a just cause.

Because they're so scared of dying they're to 'kill' each other through their toxic media coverage, social media and information wars against each other. 'Kill' in a psychological and spiritual sense, and that's reason the political discourse in this country has become so crazy.

So make no mistake, America is in a civil war already, it's just in its psychological phase for now. And we should not wait for a physical manifestation of it. The political discourse in this country has gotten extremely heated and irrational and the time is now to have a discussion about it.

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
Antifa is a radical socialist leftist group backing the radical BLM movement who tend to claim they are "oppressed" within the US. While Antifa has just now finally gotten recognition, Antifa has been active notably in Portland Oregon since prior to the 2020 unrest, which the Portland Mayor backs Antifa and allows them to more or less "run" the town without repercussions, and the ones that do face consequences usually don't last long

Media has portrayed George Floyd as a "Martyr" which in fact he has a criminal record which he did time for home invasion and robbing some woman's house here in Houston, tx (media won't shed a light on it). however, I don't agree with the Officer Derek Chauvin

however, a lot of conspiracy theorist lately been pointing out the fact the last month several States (notably Liberal/Democratic) have released prisoners because of the Coronavirus and then bam this spurs, however some cities have been quiet, like Houston we had peaceful protests for the most part, except one day one in which 16 Police Vehicles were damaged and 8 officers injured with ~300+ arrested
however cities like NYC, Chicago, LA etc. have underwent curfews and faced more violence which they called in their National Guards (which they can do since they are under Governor orders)

some people have begun saying the US Soldiers are "violating" rights by enforcing curfews and backing Riot Police, which is considerably funny since these so called "peaceful protestors" have looted and burned buildings and businesses, threaten officers and their families, threaten to attack neighborhoods, damaged Police vehicles and attacked officers with bricks, rocks and whatever else, yet the Media keeps trying to spin they are "peaceful" which most everyone is seeing right through the lie.

I do agree, it did take Trump quite a while to finally respond to these outbursts, however he finally moved in the Army under a special order/act to help states quell the unrest, because again in most Liberal cities/states, the Governors and Mayors were supporting the so called "peaceful protestors" and the same cities are now moving in to start defunding departments instead of the so called "reforms" in which even if they do, the BLM will complain and say they are still "brutal". in fact, Minneapolis is thinking of removing the entire department, again which is pretty ignorant.