Protests & Riots in America | Page 5 | World Defense

Protests & Riots in America

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
I do agree, it did take Trump quite a while to finally respond to these outbursts, however he finally moved in the Army under a special order/act to help states quell the unrest, because again in most Liberal cities/states, the Governors and Mayors were supporting the so called "peaceful protestors" and the same cities are now moving in to start defunding departments instead of the so called "reforms" in which even if they do, the BLM will complain and say they are still "brutal". in fact, Minneapolis is thinking of removing the entire department, again which is pretty ignorant.

If you don't mind, who are you agreeing with?

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
If you don't mind, who are you agreeing with?
as we say "random" people such as indiviuals, some news outlets, police agencies etc. it did take him a while to finally even make a remote statement, I heard when Obama was president, he announced a federal investigation into Ferguson, not wait a week/week an half before doing a thing

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
as we say "random" people such as indiviuals, some news outlets, police agencies etc. it did take him a while to finally even make a remote statement, I heard when Obama was president, he announced a federal investigation into Ferguson, not wait a week/week an half before doing a thing
The liberal loons act like this didn't happen when Obama was President, it only happened because Trump is President

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Mtime7:

81XEDfwKEdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

|0|

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
33 shootings as of today, with 43 KIA or wounded. shootings have plagued NYC over the past 1-2 months with a total of 233 victims. people tend to blame NYPD for "slowing down on response times" while the NYPD claims they are stretched thin (which is possible since many have retired or left the force). what's also funny is the same people who wanted the NYPD to have a major budget decrease and multiple units disbanded are now wanting the anti-crime unit reformed and brought back to active status as crime rates surge...…...

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
so while, the cities of LA, Chicago and NYC constantly gain the "spotlight", let's take a good look at Seattle. people really in support of keeping Seattle Police funded, but why is that?
oh that's right the same group who formed "CHOP" ran an extortion ring forcing businesses to pay ransoms for "protection", riots literally ran a major multi-billion company out of town, and so much more, but defunding Seattle Police will help injustice, my question is how?

Counter-Errorist

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,855 149 0
Country
Pakistan
33 shootings as of today, with 43 KIA or wounded. shootings have plagued NYC over the past 1-2 months with a total of 233 victims. people tend to blame NYPD for "slowing down on response times" while the NYPD claims they are stretched thin (which is possible since many have retired or left the force). what's also funny is the same people who wanted the NYPD to have a major budget decrease and multiple units disbanded are now wanting the anti-crime unit reformed and brought back to active status as crime rates surge...…...
My understand of the defund police campaign is to relegate away duties that should not have be in the domain of law-enforcement and hand them off to better trained agencies. Things like handling of mentally ill, homeless and domestic issues. Lately, officers are being called in to handle minor issues at school which at worst used to be punished using detention. Police being involved in incidents like these very obviously lead to escalation.

Other than that, the blue lines, aggressive police training and hardware is a serious problem and needs to be dealt with. Militarizing the police and disproportionately targeting certain races leads to the reaction you now see on the ground.

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
My understand of the defund police campaign is to relegate away duties that should not have be in the domain of law-enforcement and hand them off to better trained agencies. Things like handling of mentally ill, homeless and domestic issues. Lately, officers are being called in to handle minor issues at school which at worst used to be punished using detention. Police being involved in incidents like these very obviously lead to escalation.

Other than that, the blue lines, aggressive police training and hardware is a serious problem and needs to be dealt with. Militarizing the police and disproportionately targeting certain races leads to the reaction you now see on the ground.
which I understand, but here is where the problems lands at, BLM started this racism just like some of the departments have done, which many Departments are still under reform. for example, Houston Police handled their city better than others, but still BLM claims to fight racism by encouraging racism. BLM was originally approved of, since they did want to fight racism the legitimate way, however this movement of BLM (backed up by Antifa) is worst than one possibly can imagine, and cities and corporations are bowing to them just for cheap political points (some BLM have said before this whole stunt is to make Trump lose office)

the problem with homelessness that needs to be dealt with quickly, isn't the fact they are homeless it's the laws they are breaking.
for example in San Francisco, Seattle and Portland Homeless people are able to poop in public anywhere without any repercussion (those cities claim it's "progressive" lol), then you also have the Needle Injection safety zones (those same cities) which more people have been "stuck" by needles on the ground than previously but again it's considered "progressive"

as for the militarization of law enforcement, it depends how you want to view the said outcome. they don't need MRAPs or Humvees for every little thing, but at the same time, in the US you have a society who thinks "I can break law and no repercussion" will happen because most Liberal Judges and so on don't have a spine to punish said kids/adults. and parents in the country are told if they punish kids by legitimate discipline the child services will take their child away + parents go to jail

you also have bail reforms happening in cities such as LA, Seattle, Portland, Houston, NYC and others and the mayors/governors etc. are like I don't know why we had a spike in crime :rolleyes:

but I know there is several departments that have both kept their police budgets + looking to spend millions into neighborhoods riddled with crime without removing any other budget. Chicago is an example of this, Mayor said she wouldn't defund CPD however she'd allocate more funding to clean up neighborhoods with crime.

the situation, itself isn't a nationwide thing IMO, it depends where you live and how the city/county/state wants to handle the issue. for example LAPD, has always had a long history of abusive power, such as the LAPD CRASH unit. but you also had Oakland who had a corrupted Police Chief who didn't care for his community at all, in fact used his authority to gain cash in order to protect communities, which a major reform happened, and went from 2,000 officers to 800 (that happened from the 1990s) and the list goes on.