Putin Warns Israel: Do Not Send Arms to Ukraine | World Defense

Putin Warns Israel: Do Not Send Arms to Ukraine

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Putin Warns Israel: Do Not Send Arms to Ukraine

Moscow threatens that sending arms to Kiev in retaliation for S-300 missile agreement with Iran will raise the death toll.
By Arutz Sheva Staff

First Publish: 4/18/2015, 9:27 PM / Last Update: 4/18/2015, 10:03 PM

454323.jpg

Russian President Vladimir Putin

Reuters
Russian President Vladimir Putin has warned Israel against sending arms to Ukraine on Saturday, days after reports emerged that Jerusalem would be in contact with Kiev in retaliation for Moscow lifting a ban on S-300 missile sales to Tehran.

Putin warned in an interview on Russian television that Israeli retaliatory measures would only bring on a new round of violence and raise the death toll in the embattled Donetsk region of eastern Ukraine, which has been the center of a bloody war between the Ukrainian army and pro-Russian separatists for over a year.

“It’s a choice for the Israeli leadership to make, they can do what they see necessary,” Putin said.

Putin signed a decree on Monday lifting a ban on the delivery of S-300 anti-missile rocket systems to Iran.

His latest comments surface days after Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu phoned him to express Israel's great concerns over the deal. In the phone call, Netanyahu warned Putin that the sale will increase Iran's aggression in the region and shake the security of the Middle East.

Russia signed a contract in 2007 to supply Iran with five S-300 advanced missile batteries, which can be used against aircraft or guided missiles, at a cost of $800 million.

In 2010, Russia's then-president Dmitry Medvedev cancelled the deal, after the United States and Israel applied strong pressure on him. Both countries worry that the S-300 would make Iran less vulnerable to attack by either one of them, and motivate Iran to develop a nuclear weapon.

Putin Warns Israel: Do Not Send Arms to Ukraine - Global Agenda - News - Arutz Sheva

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Should Israel make the mistake of sending arms to Ukraine then obviously as Putin warns, the death toll would rise because the Ukrainian army regardless of what weapons they've got in their arsenal can't match Russia's military might. In any case European leaders want to see the conflict in Ukraine ended. Any attempt by Israel to send arms to Ukraine, undermining the peace process, would make them lose allies in Europe. Not something the Israelis want I think?

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I think the death toll is rising and even if the weapons don't get there, they could make makeshift ones out anything they find and would be interesting to see what happens there. I reckon Israel maybe helping for their own benefit and not in the goodness of their heart and if they do send the weapons it cause more issues to occur than what is happening at the moment. The peace talks will only end if they give into the demands of the rebels and than the war may end otherwise it will not end it looks like.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
Israel has the tendency to turn a deaf ear to the international community. How many times was it warned not to approach the Gaza conflict the way they did? But no, they had a different plan in mind. They went on with their plan and the result was genocide. Now Israel may repeat the same blunder in this Ukraine-Russia conflict. I don't mind if they eradicate Russian-backed rebels, but I mind if they indiscriminately fire at innocent Ukrainians.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Netanyahu is paying dangerous games. While Israel can send arms to Ukraine if they please, Russia could respond in kind. Russia could arm Israel's enemies via proxy. They send weapons to Iran. Those weapons get into the hands of Hezbollah and . . .

It wouldn't be a smart move on Israel's part.

heavyinfantry

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Italy
I quite agree what everyone said here. It's right to not fully supply the Ukranians army otherwise the death toll would rise without any stop.