Qatar in talks for T-129 | World Defense

Qatar in talks for T-129

Yıldırım

Reactions
823 2 0
Country
Turkey
[URL="http://www.kokpit.aero/katar-atak-helikopteri-aliyor[/URL]"]www.kokpit.aero/katar-atak-helikopteri-aliyor[/URL]
According to Qatar Media, Qatar was another country that chose the attacking helicopter T129 ATAK after Pakistan and the Philippines. However, the news was not verified by the Defense Industry Presidency.
Qatar signed a preliminary agreement with Qatar Armed Forces to launch Qatar Armed Forces. No information on the news.
The first step for the export of T129 helicopters, which were successfully used by the Black Aviation and Gendarmerie, was laid with Pakistan. A total of 30 T129 contracts were signed and the production of helicopters was started for this country. He then announced that the Philippine Air Force had chosen the T129 ATAK as its offensive helicopter.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Qatar is on shopping spree. I never understand why Qatar is buying more that it could consume. If you look closely to what they are buying you would be confused. Mirage, Rafale, Typhoon, f-15, C17 and put an offer for s-400. Weird and strange mix.

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
Qatar is on shopping spree. I never understand why Qatar is buying more that it could consume. If you look closely to what they are buying you would be confused. Mirage, Rafale, Typhoon, f-15, C17 and put an offer for s-400. Weird and strange mix.

Maybe they are buying for the Taliban. Nobody else in their corner who might need Qatar to stockpile for them.

Yıldırım

Reactions
823 2 0
Country
Turkey
personally with the NATO weapons I think it is to expand their armed forces, but when it comes to countries such as Russia, China I think it has to do so with political purchasing. basically buying weapons but showing the world, that the Russians and Chinese are willing to sell to whomever

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
personally with the NATO weapons I think it is to expand their armed forces, but when it comes to countries such as Russia, China I think it has to do so with political purchasing. basically buying weapons but showing the world, that the Russians and Chinese are willing to sell to whomever

Its a big deal for Russia and China to sell a country that hosts the US largest military base do not you think?

Yıldırım

Reactions
823 2 0
Country
Turkey
Its a big deal for Russia and China to sell a country that hosts the US largest military base do not you think?
the only selling the any major sort of equipment was China, with the SY-400 Ballistic missile. the Qataris did reveal the AK-12 this last parade, but they only put interest in Russian systems as far as I know and no negotiations were held.

Zaslon

Reactions
677 7 0
Country
Russian Federation
there was a time where the Qataris sent an official here to negotiate for the procurement of the S-400 and was mulling on buying the Su-35, however it seems those deals have either fainted or been cancelled. the Qataris were only interested in acquiring the S-400, because the Saudis were holding negotiations for the same system + plus the Qatari Emir was paranoid about a joint Saudi-Emirati invasion

as for Turkey though, this T-129 deal is not very surprising because since 2016, Qatar-Turkey's relations are the strongest they ever been and from rumours the Qataris put some money into TFX's development, putting interest in the T-129 for a while etc. I am waiting to see if they order some ridiculous amount of T-129, because they have roughly 24 AH-64E on order with the first to be supplied later this year.

kovichni

Reactions
16 0 0
Country
Netherlands
only put interest in Russian systems as far as I know and no negotiations were held.
not only were there negotiations, but also war threats if qatar dared to continue with the purchase

and of course the well deserved cold shoulder to these threats ;)

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
not only were there negotiations, but also war threats if qatar dared to continue with the purchase

and of course the well deserved cold shoulder to these threats ;)

There was no statement issued about military action against Qatar but its obvious that the S-400 if deployed will have implications on the Saudi Air forces operating in the region thus its reasonable to think the Saudis would be anxious not to let Qatar go ahead with such plan. I also do not think Russia would jeopardize its relations with Saudi Arabia for the sake of Qatar.

Zaslon

Reactions
677 7 0
Country
Russian Federation
There was no statement issued about military action against Qatar but its obvious that the S-400 if deployed will have implications on the Saudi Air forces operating in the region thus its reasonable to think the Saudis would be anxious not to let Qatar go ahead with such plan. I also do not think Russia would jeopardize its relations with Saudi Arabia for the sake of Qatar.
as stated in my last comment, just because the Qataris have interest/mulling/holding talks for some of our systems does not mean they will acquire such a system.
Plus the Saudis have put more development (economically) + having more interest in many of our weapon products as compared to the Qataris, the Qataris just jumped on boat believing we will come to the rescue more or less which is starting to bite them back.
of course, it did not help that Qataris were supplying radical elements in Syria that were attacking our own troops.