Question & Answer | World Defense

Question & Answer

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
Members can ask questions on military related topics and the community will choose the best answer by hitting the like button! The post with the highest amount of likes indicate the accuracy of the answer and will be given icon ''Best Answer
award_star_gold_2.png
'' by moderators.

Note: Discussion is NOT allowed in this thread. No I believe, I think, in my opinion..etc are allowed either. To answer a question you will have to be certain and you will need to back up your answer with a reference if possible. Multiple answers for one question are not allowed. Use the EDIT button to add/modify your answer.

Uncle Doc J

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
I just saw a report written by a friend of mine in the military, and didn't read it (though I'm probably going to so I can discuss it here ... reminds me of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart's report on 'why Congress took a long time to vote on a law banning human-trafficking'~but I digress).

The report was on the formation-&-strategy of ISIS/ISIL (the military-coup or something in the Middle East). Lots of good information, possibly; but I doubt there's anything I can do with it except discuss it here.

My question(s): Doesn't researching-&-discussing such information show a lack-of-faith in our leaders? ... Aren't we SUPPOSED to lack faith in our leaders? I mean, it's good that we can trust our leaders to handle the forces that protect us; but wasn't America BUILT on 'military-action backed by mixed- rather than unified-opinions?' (I learned from an episode of SOUTH PARK)

I guess my question is this (in summary): how do individuals in the military justify (to themselves) their actions when they're usually acting on mixed judgment?

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
^^ This is not a direct question and is going to drag members into discussion. We will keep it there for a day or two. If not answered then we will move it into a separate thread where you can discuss the structure of the US military establishment and in what shape or form unified opinions or final decisions are being made.

Uncle Doc J

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
I apologize if I went a little 'full reason behind the inspiration of this question' before, but I really do want to be sure where the line is between "personal judgment' and 'followin` orders' is. Obviously not 'what others think of it,' but what the rules are regarding (things like) 'shooting enemy civilians who pose no immediate danger.'

silentwarfare

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
USA
After Justice John Roberts issued an arrest warrant for Barack Obama on the grounds of Treason, is there any reality to it being carried out by the Sgt at arms before the end of Obama's term and the elections in November of 2016?