Question on Syria | World Defense

Question on Syria

mhudson

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
USA
Watching the multiparty tug-of-war going on in Syria, I'm partially reminded of the race to Berlin. Only this time, it isn't just the U.S. and Russia jockeying for position. Turkey, Saudi Arabia, USA, Russia, and Iran are all attempting to influence the goings-on in the territory, some more directly than others. What I'm wondering, is given the conflicting priorities and end-games for every country involved, what can stability look like?

Obviously, one possibility is that the Russian airstrikes do weaken the rebels enough so that Assad can regain control of the entire region, but with the U.S. providing support (yay proxy war!) to the rebels, that path to the conclusion is protracted and nasty.

What are some other directions you think this could go?

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Maybe it will escalate to a global conflict. It is not good when these two are directly confronted and interfere with each other plans. Russia and USA, of course. I really hope it will end in a peaceful way but I don't see it right now. It is already taking way too long and I am afraid that it will only get worse. It is like a game of chess between Russia and U.S and Syria or al other countries are chess board and pawns.