Realistic War Depiction

Ratings
0 4 0
Ratings
Country
USA
I know its impossible to ever depict the horror of war. People have tried for decades to do it. Although its impossible, is there a film that makes the best attempt at depicting land warfare? This could be from any period. World War II, Vietnam, Gulf War, War in Afghanistan, etc. I just saw American Sniper and it looked like there was some heavy research. It seemed to portray land war pretty well to me. But if anyone else has an opinion, I would like to know because I would love to see those films. I don't like unrealistic films.

Ratings
0 46 0
Ratings
Country
Hong Kong
Most Vietnam veterans thought that the scenes from forest gump where the most realistic. Lots of wandering around aimlessly, not really having a clue what is happening coupled with a few moments of extreme horror and terror. Also as a soldier what happens to you depends on luck or chance.

I think the books written by James Jones do a fairly good job describing the anxiety and trama a lot of vets face. He also was a ww2 vet. But his books did not make good movies.

The author of Forest Gump was a Vietnam vet and he wrote other books on Vietnam, but forest gump was his only great success.