Resurgence of World Economy in 2015 | World Defense

Resurgence of World Economy in 2015

krazyman

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
The BBC has reported that the IMF is projecting an increase in the global economy in 2015. Prices of crude are decreasing and GDP is going up around the world slowly and consumers are starting to spend more money.

This is a great sign for everyone as people spend more money and the economy rises it also leads to other development which many times means JOBS!

China is slowing down economically which being dependent on exports was bound happen sooner or later.
_79988282_tablet.jpg

Here is a link to the story:

Leads me to think of a few questions: Global Economy should be up in 2015

What does this mean for military spending?
What does this mean to the average citizen in North America?
What does this mean to the average citizen in Europe?
What does this mean to the average citizen in Asia?

DeltaForce103

THINK TANK
Reactions
62 2 0
Country
India
While I wouldn't call it a resurgence in growth, it isn't a depreciation and even an uneven recovery is still a recovery, that's nice. Japan is the only country that's concerning in Asia, more so because better economic growth would require radical social change in a country that's very socially conservative compared to the rest of the developed world in areas ranging from gender equality to immigration.

weepforsweep

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
It would be hard to recover when most countries in the world are in so much debt. I hope this means at least some prosperity for the world. Good luck to all of you this year.

Gabriel

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
It's catch up time, people have been living on credit for years as wages have fallen or not risen for years. Things may be affordable, but will companies hire more or expect staff to do more? The trend is to outsource or hire people on zero hour contracts, it may be good for the company, but not for people and society. Eventually it is bad for the economy as these people cannot afford to buy homes or groceries which contributes to the GDP therefore we all suffer if companies get greedy.

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
Did you say more jobs?! We've been waiting for more jobs for a decade. And it only took some crude oil prices decreasing to jump start the economy a bit. This needed to happen way before now. We need some wage increases or price decreases. Well, we still need a bit of a miracle, but I think we'll make it.

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
Employment rate are definitely going up this year according to economist. We are up to a great new start this year so it is going to be awesome. But it makes sense since the Internet is a rising industry. This helps a lot too.

Peachdejour

Reactions
22 0 0
Country
USA
Employment rate are definitely going up this year according to economist. We are up to a great new start this year so it is going to be awesome. But it makes sense since the Internet is a rising industry. This helps a lot too.
What does the internet have to do with the rising economy? I thought the .com boom happened in the 90s? I never though of the internet as an industry. Are you thinking of sites like Amazon and Alibaba?

Nur

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
7 0 0
Country
Philippines
What does the internet have to do with the rising economy? I thought the .com boom happened in the 90s? I never though of the internet as an industry. Are you thinking of sites like Amazon and Alibaba?
Maybe music monster is talking about the people who are getting work through the internet / online work rather than the traditional jobs? The internet has been able to help people who either can't find a stable job or were laid off from work due to recession have a source of income again, and having a source of income means having money to spend and help in the circulation of money.

Not sure if that's what music monster meant though. Just a conjecture.

goncalogdct

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Portugal
I don't know much about the economics on other countries, but on mine we have been suffering the so called crisis for a few years now.
Wages were cut down really harshly, as were the number of holidays in which people didn't work. It was, and still is, a very hard time, especially for the middle-class citizens, such as me and my family. You can almost say the crisis destroyed the middle-class in my country.
Nowadays there are only rich and poor people, and almost no middle ground. The "rescue" the International Monetary Fund, the European Commission and the European Central Bank provided was needed, but again was really harsh, and it ended being supported mainly by the middle class and the retired peoples, who also suffered harsh cuts in their retirement pension.
Not everything is bad, though and the numbers for this year's projections seem nice, so maybe, and just maybe, the worst has already passed.
I really hope so, and maybe this improvement in overall international economy will help :)

krazyman

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
The job market in the U.S. right now is very difficult. You have as many as 2000 people who apply for a single job. As an employer that is overwhelming and as a potential employee you mine as well play a lottery ticket.

What we are seeing right now over the last few quarters is a rise in GDP (7.5% in the middle two quarters (results from quarter 4 should come out soon)). That means that the U.S. is producing more goods and services which means that business are making money and that means that hopefully they can grow and hire more people.

Not to turn this into a debate on health care - but an issue that is scaring many employers in the U.S. about expanding is figuring out how to pay health care costs for workers when they struggle to afford to do it. Corporate giants like Microsoft and Google can but when you think about small businesses and franchises - they struggle to expanded because of the new costs of health care. This could probably be it's own thread.

I wish everyone the best in keeping or finding work - everyone should have access to opportunity to make an honest living wherever they live.

Reactions
40 1 0
Country
Euro
"resurgence" is far from the word to describe what's going on. While the economy hasn't been in a great state during the past couple of years, if you look at the numbers you will see that most of the western world has had a growing economy all this time. It's been growing slowly, but still growing.

It's just that doomsday headlines sell well. The debt is a huge problem, but it's been that way for yeeeeaaars already, no one just talked about it. :D

globulon

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Canada
"resurgence" is far from the word to describe what's going on. While the economy hasn't been in a great state during the past couple of years, if you look at the numbers you will see that most of the western world has had a growing economy all this time. It's been growing slowly, but still growing.

I fully agree. While the state of the world economy is not very rosy (partly fueled my media hype), it has been slowly growing over the past few years. This is more evident with North American countries, as the jobs are being created steadily month after month in the US and Canada. While growth isn't as rosy as it could be, it is far from the doom and gloom of years past!

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
I think each country has their fair share of recession and it does look like money was more available this december as the shops were full, holiday letting was over the limit and people have more money to spend but we all live on credit and the rand to any exchange rate leaves it rather difficult for us to travel outside of the country withoout saving for a couple of years before we get to go. Jobs are also harder to find these days and the "BEE" is just the same as a "Apartheid" only now its reversed. One of these fine years we will get it right and the wealth in the country will be shared among each hard working citizen.

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
Global economy should be up for the 2015. What if it turned out against this? What could have been wrong? Well, reading the article, while there is a good chance of 2015 to be a nice year economically, there's still that chance that it won't. As individuals what can we do to help make this year one that's favourable to us.

tasha

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
South Africa
I like the positive note here and that is true, we should change our situations on our own and to start, get rid of your credit debt so that you are debt free within five years. Have a goal to work towards and make the sacrifice if you have to in order to get out of debt so that instead of paying bills you could be saving up for the things you really want or want to do.