Risk of attack too high to insure Jewish kindergarten | World Defense

Risk of attack too high to insure Jewish kindergarten

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
It's really sad to know this is what it's come to. It's really messed up that they are at risk at all. But it's disgusting how the insurance company is behaving.

An insurance company has refused to renew the policy of a Jewish kindergarten in Brussels, claiming that the risk of doing so is too high, given the clear threat of anti-Semitic attacks.

Jewish Kindergarten in Belgium Can&[HASHTAG]#039[/HASHTAG];t Get Insurance Because Risk of Attack Too High | The Weekly Standard

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Sweden
Scary stuff. Most antisemitism in Europe comes from immigrants from Arab countries. Since immigrants from Arab countries usually are viewed as more 'vulnerable' by society no one really wants to talk about it.

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Insurance companies are like that, cold and heartless. In a business that is all about the potential loss: potential profit ratio there seems to be no room for humanity. Although I think it is kindergarten owners who are making a mistake in this case.

JPB_003

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
That's insane but not too surprising. Companies are so scared of two things. Offending people, and losing profit. Offending people usually means losing profits, so might as well be one. They should really look at their business practice if this is true. Something seems to be missing in the story though I think.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
I don't think the company has to tell the whole world that they have given the insurance could just keep it quiet and also, it does not have to be made public as well since that could cause problems. I think, the companies should not refuse and give the insurance but they are too busy thinking about the politicial side and maybe getting money to refuse this from being approved. The insurance companies should not refuse a person or company based on culture or religion as this is against the company policy and not what they should be doing to the people.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
So the insurance companies don't like to insure high risk property but don't have a problem getting people money who most times will never have a need for insurance payments.