TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
@Scorpion Ya akhi !!!!!!!
What am i seeing :(:(

It’s the pilot ok and did he eject?
Secondly, the sudden surprise attack might have had a sudden impact on the pilot, no counter measures deployed or any maneuver in place (no issue in that, sudden surprises leave humans feeling scared),

I am quiet interested to know what was that system that brought down RSAF Tornado ?

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
We knew about this yesterday but could not post it here before the coalition confirmes it first.

The Tornado was doing CAS at low altitude, it appears that it was hit by either Russian sam where the Houthi only operate once they hear jets flying over for the system not be detected OR a modified PL7 missile. I tried to decode the missile system form the video published by the Houthis but nothing is clear yet. The pilot did a 5g manoeuvre and then both pilots ejected. It looks like it was very close in distance to evade safely.

Strike eagles took off to protect the jet, the pilots and to neutralize Houthis fire power so search and rescue can do their job locating the pilots. No news so far but I will keep this thread updated.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Houthis are not capable enough to handle hitech. arms /radars. Surely some professionally trained foreign militias are operating in the theater, along side Houthis.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Houthis are not capable enough to handle hitech. arms /radars. Surely some professionally trained foreign militias are operating in the theater, along side Houthis.
Iran...

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia

Iranian and Hizbollah experts operate alongside Houthis. It is our fault that we allowed them to grow their arsenal by keeping the port of Hudaidah under their control.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Iranian and Hizbollah experts operate alongside Houthis. It is our fault that we allowed them to grow their arsenal by keeping the port of Hudaidah under their control.
Is the port now in the hands of KSA/Yemen coalition?

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Is the port now in the hands of KSA/Yemen coalition?

Nope and has never been. If the port was under the KSA/Yemen control, the Houthis would not have missiles smuggled into Yemen. The port is under Houthis control. I hope now the politicians stay away from this and hand the file to the military. Its been 5 years the Houthis is using the port to smuggle missiles into Yemen in numbers. We should not be complaining now, it is our fault and we deserve it. I just hope the pilot and the WSO safe and sound and are able to return home. RSAF did a surgical mission last night killing and capturing houthies in hundreds including high-rank leaders in the area where the jet was shot. See what happens when the military takes over?

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I do have some information but let's wait for the coalition to announce the details.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Iran is providing them cruise missiles that they optimized for anti-aircraft use. Iran is spending a lot of money on these Houthi's. Seems they want domination over the Gulf region and using Houthi's to intimidate Saudi Arabia into accepting Iran as regional force they have to look up to and answer to.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Iran is providing them cruise missiles that they optimized for anti-aircraft use. Iran is spending a lot of money on these Houthi's. Seems they want domination over the Gulf region and using Houthi's to intimidate Saudi Arabia into accepting Iran as regional force they have to look up to and answer to.

Well i'm not sure if it's only Houthi tribe using Iranian /Russian missiles but surely they have expert advise available to them, which is even above IRGC level. Houthis by no means can handle foreign made SAMs etc. While Iran have millions of die hard & brain dead available from Pakistan /Afghanistan.
I always look at the beneficiaries first and houthis are the least.... of course this is my personal opinion based on my life experience.