Russia and US have had together over 120,000 atomic bombs | World Defense

Russia and US have had together over 120,000 atomic bombs

guicko

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
Austria
according to this video, Russia and US have had together over 120,000 nuclear weapons /atomic bombs but today that number is around 6000 each

what happened to that weapons did they destroy it or placed it in reserves? and how is it even possible to destroy nuclear weapons without consequence?

i'm pretty sure this is more bombs than many country have active military personnel.

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
a lot of what was mostly done away with were the small tactical nukes, I don't believe the US Army has anymore nukes in it's inventory, things like nuclear artillery shells, Honest John missiles, or even the brief case nuke. A long time ago my father worked with Honest John's deployed in S. Korea.

It has been reported that Russia is building up it's small tactical nuke arsenal again.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I didn't know that they had a repository in Carlsbad, that's not far from where I am located.

Its miles underground you gonna be alright no worries. lol

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
Its miles underground you gonna be alright no worries. lol
I will be, it can be surprising what the US has in this area. I came across a small airport one time in the middle of no where, that was outfitted like a international airport with lots of unmarked large hangers and bob wire fence, but you can put a lot under ground here.