Russia helps Cameroon | World Defense

Russia helps Cameroon

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
In a time when we only hear bad things about Russia, finally a good news saying that they are in the process of helping Cameroon to fight Boko Haran. What about this?

Muthoni

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Kenya
In a time when we only hear bad things about Russia, finally a good news saying that they are in the process of helping Cameroon to fight Boko Haran. What about this?

This is the best news that I have heard today. I hope that other nations will also step in so that this terror group can be wiped out from the face of the earth. There is a reason why we are told to treat people right because you never know who can come to your rescue when you need help. Congrats to Russia for setting a good example.

globulon

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Canada
That's great news. Despite not agreeing with many of their actions in Europe, one has to applaud them for stepping up action against Boko Haram. This group is scum and absolutely needs to be eradicated for the stability of the region.

littlexchelsea

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
Wow. That's great for Russia and Cameroon alike, because Russia gets credited for not being one of the most vicious countries on Earth, and Cameroon gets some sort of peace at mind. I really hope that Russia doesn't do anything suspicious or try to make a move though..

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Russia now steps in to help, proving that they are not the bad guys.

It's a great move by Russia. The West has been all quiet while Boko Haram massacred thousands and should all this ugly business with Boko Haram end, then some African nations will start to realize that they only friends they do have are Russians economic ties will most certainly advance. Will it work? I'm sure of it.

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
I agree and it's surprising that it comes from Russia right? Why aren't other countries jumping in a united effort, why can't we fight terror together instead of being in a cold war climate?

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
I'm a little skeptical about Russia's true motives. Are they trying to disprove people's misconceptions? Still, if their participation will help put an end to Boko Haram then it doesn't matter. Even if they're plotting something behind other countries' backs, it won't be that easy to implement since their participation will form new expectations.

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
In that area of the world I think that there are no strategic interests, so why not, eventually the Russians might really defend people from Boko Haram, but I agree that it looks a little suspicious from a country that just invaded Ukraine.

Onionman

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
It sounds like Russia does have some of its priorities right - i.e. the global terror threat is an issue that they realize cannot be ignored. Obviously, they have big issues closer to home but they need to play their part on the world stage.

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
It makes me ask why they are doing it? It have consequences on Cameroon side. It could be the Russia is getting an ally and forming a new alliance. Then what comes to Cameroon after the Boko Haran has been defeated? Will Cameroon still be free as it used before these Boko Haran and Russia?

Peninha

Reactions
13 1 0
Country
Portugal
I think that everyone thinks like that 003, what does Russia has to win with this, but than again Cameroon is not a powerful ally so why not, they might be doing it out of goodness.

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
It is good to see Russia helping out and also, it can be useful in the fight that is going on and also will give them courage and also will build up morale in the army as well. It is good to see they are getting rid of the people doing terror and also they are also fighting people who cause harm on others and need to end it. I hope they are doing well and also, make a huge difference over there and do well in their attempts as well.