Russia is testing new anti-tank robotic based on BTR-MDM airborne armoured personnel carrier. | World Defense

Russia is testing new anti-tank robotic based on BTR-MDM airborne armoured personnel carrier.

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
Russia is testing new anti-tank robotic based on BTR-MDM airborne armoured personnel carrier.
Russia is testing an antitank robotic system based on the BTR-MDM armored personnel carrier, Russian Airborne Force Commander Vladimir Shamanov said on Thursday, January 21, 2016.

Russian-made BTR-MDM airborne armoured personnel carrier

Read more:

Russia is testing new anti-tank robotic based on BTR-MDM airborne armoured personnel carrier TASS 12101163 | January 2016 Global Defense Security news industry | Defense Security global news industry army 2016 | Archive News year

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I wonder what airborne means for that APC. Or maybe it means it is transportable by air? I didn't know that an APC can fight a tank. From what I understand, a tank is solid steel and only a bazooka can dent it. Maybe I'm seeing too much old movies? But it surely is fun to see an APC in a fight with a tank. Considering that it is robotic-based then there is no human inside the APC. It's just like playing a video game.

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
So, they are going to air drop this out of it out of an aircraft or does airborne mean it can fly? I think the first one makes more sense. But, it certainly is a nice piece of tech that will save the lives of soldiers in the battlefields of the future.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
No I think what he meant was the structural design and look of the new anti-tank robotic was derived from the BTR-MDM Armoured Personnel Carrier - Army Technology, an earlier invention. Perhaps by airborne they meant a vehicle that can be transported through air - not necessarily something that flies.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
So, they are going to air drop this out of it out of an aircraft or does airborne mean it can fly?
It can't fly but it's being specifically made for airborne troops.
The new APC is intended to transport airborne troops, marines, ammunition, spare parts, or fuel.
What I don't get though is if "robotic" means the APC will be completely autonomous . . . neutralizes threats as it encounters them without getting any input from anyone.