BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
Russia to supply China with 24 Su-35 fighters
Bruce Jones, London - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
18 November 2015

Russia is to supply China with 24 multirole Su-35 fighters in a deal stated as being worth USD2 billion (USD83 million per unit), Russian defence conglomerate Rostec has announced.

"Lengthy negotiations have concluded in a contract to supply 24 Su-35 multi-purpose fighters to China," Rostec CEO Sergey Chemezov was quoted as saying by Russian daily newspaper Kommersant on 19 November. IHS Jane's subsequently confirmed the contract with Rostec on the same day.

"China has become the first country with which Russia has signed a contract for the supply of its latest Su-35, which reflects our high level of co-operation and the depth of our strategic partnership," Chemezov continued.
Russia to supply China with 24 Su-35 fighters | IHS Jane's 360

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I see that transaction of jet fighters as just another business deal. Russia is one country that has a good R&E in weaponry and military equipment so China has its trust on Russia's product. But with the depth of strategic partnership, I believe that those were just words not of wisdom but of business. I don't think Russia will stand up for China if a naval war erupts between the US and China in the South China Sea.