Russia to supply weapons to Armenia | World Defense

Russia to supply weapons to Armenia

remnant

Reactions
8 1 0
Country
Kenya
The govts of Russia and Armenia have signed a $200 million export loan agreement to supply weapons to the latter. Armenia will acquire Smerch multiple rocket launchers and ammo, Igla-S air defence missile systems, Autobaza-M ground-based radar jamming and deception system, TOS 1A heavy artillery systems with launchers, RPG-2S grenade launchers, Dragunovs sniper guns, Tiger armoured cars as well as engineering and communication equipment. Something to reckon with here. What do you think?

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I believe and everybody knows actually that if we would concentrate on stopping the wars and not supplying the conflicted sides with weapons we should all feel the difference very quickly. Instead of giving them guns Russia should go and take what they already have. On both sides of course.
So naive of me I know. This action doesn't bring money or any strategic value to neither side. We will end with a whimper not with a bang. I started to quote T.S. Elliot too soon in my life.

explorerx7

Reactions
37 1 0
Country
Jamaica
The weapons trade is a big business which generates billions of dollars worldwide, therefore, be prepared to see the suppliers of arms siding with their preferred side in a conflict and at the same grabbing the opportunity of selling them arms to strengthen their combat capabilities. This is a universal practice nowadays. The United States is now in the process of supplying South Korea with sophisticated air defense weapons because of the perceived possible threat from North Korea's missile development.

vash

Reactions
27 1 0
Country
USA
This is nothing new.
Russia is the second largest weapon exporter after the United States. Followed by China's only 5% of global market share. So the two top exporters both sell weapons to various countries in huge quantity. Both countries sell them for not only profit but also for political influence.

War makes money and create more opportunities... for the ultra rich and powerful.