Russia working to modernize air defense missiles intended for Iran, Kremlin aide says | World Defense

Russia working to modernize air defense missiles intended for Iran, Kremlin aide says

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Russia working to modernize air defense missiles intended for Iran, Kremlin aide says | Fox News

A Kremlin official says that Russia is working to upgrade air defense missiles intended for Iran.

Vladimir Kozhin, a presidential adviser for arms trade, said Thursday according to the RIA Novosti news agency that the S-300 air defense missile systems are to undergo an upgrade before being delivered to Iran, since the original contract was signed a long time ago. He wouldn't offer specifics or say when the delivery would take place.

Russia in 2010 froze a deal to supply S-300 missile systems to Iran, linking the decision to U.N. sanctions.

President Vladimir Putin lifted the suspension in April after a framework Iran nuclear agreement, which earlier this month was followed by the final deal, which curbed Iran's nuclear program in exchange for relief from sanctions stifling its economy.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Russia has an arms deal with Iran. US has an arms deal with Iran. Am I right on these? So how does Iran do it? Tsk, tsk, I can see the color of money is making things happen for Iran. I have read in one thread that Saudi Arabia Muslims hate the Muslims in Iran. So what now with those Iran deals, Saudi?

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
A spark of an arms race in the region ? “¡¡“

We know that Iran will get its $150 bn and many countries are so eager to win a share from the cake,but Russia seems to be aiming for the biggest piece of the cake !

Possible scenario that Russia will straighten the Iranian air defense to undermine GCC air forces (a response to a prior request was submitted by the Iranians), while the GCC won't keep watching and will hurry to acquire hundreds of cruise missiles to restrain the threat of the Iranian air defense.