Russian Allies in Europe? | World Defense

Russian Allies in Europe?

vinceasneed

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
Every time I watch the news, I hear about European countries taking a stand against Russia especially with these issues in Ukraine. Whenever something pops up, China seems to be on Russia's side. But does Russia have any allies in Europe? Are there any European countries that support Russia in this crisis? It seems that Russia might be alone on the European continent, but I could be wrong.

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
They have a possible ally in Greece. Pannos Kammenos already enjoys a good relationship with Russia and has formally opposed the EU sanctions against the country. He also says that he wishes to improve relations with non-NATO states and named Russia specifically.

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
The European governments are against Putin, but many Europeans are starting to support Putin. Putin talks tough when it comes to Islam, and he talks tought when it comes to immigration. If push came to shove, it is questionable if many European countries could get enough support among its people to go against Russia.

edustadar001

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Yugoslavia
There are countries which are still close to Putin. The first one of them is Serbia. The government of Serbia is in a Dilemma because they want to enter the European Union but are still on the side of Russia. 80-90% of Serbian people love Russia and everything what they are doing. Believe me, because I am a Serb who is living in Austria.
Further we have also the Macedonian people who are nearly all on the Russian side, but I have not any information about that, how the government of Macedonia is standing to the current situation in Ukraine.

Cmok

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
There are countries which are still close to Putin. The first one of them is Serbia. The government of Serbia is in a Dilemma because they want to enter the European Union but are still on the side of Russia. 80-90% of Serbian people love Russia and everything what they are doing. Believe me, because I am a Serb who is living in Austria.
Further we have also the Macedonian people who are nearly all on the Russian side, but I have not any information about that, how the government of Macedonia is standing to the current situation in Ukraine.

As always Serbs will stand by Russians no matter what. It's interesting that, at least from my point of view, Serbia has more independence in making decisions than say France, Spain or similar countries now a days. They've been successfully balancing between the EU and Russia. Although EU and US is pressuring Serbia to impose sanctions to Russia they still haven't done it.
Muslims from Bosnia have also started supporting Russia, mostly due to Putin's good relations with Erdogan. Officially the Muslim part of the government in Bosnia is not supporting Russia. This coincides with what orangesunset has already stated while many governments either do not wish or are pressured into not supporting Russia it's quite a different situation when it comes to the population.

tournique

Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Romania
Serbs and probably the new Greece party as far as it goes. I'm considering them to be potential allies in terms of a conflict.