Russian opposition leader Boris Nemtsov gunned down in Moscow | World Defense

Russian opposition leader Boris Nemtsov gunned down in Moscow

Colebra

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Portugal
I was really amazed about how simple they made it look...
One of, if not the busiest part of Moscow, not even midnight, cover street cameras with snowplow (there was zero snow on the road), and bang. Just no fear of the repercussions at all...

I didn't know of Boris Nemtsov existence, but it seems like he resonated with Russian folks.
If you didn't think Putin was a dictator, there you go.

Take a look a this video, where you can see the shooter run into a car, and flee the scene:

(go to 1:40)

timelord731

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
I have many doubts that this was Putin. For one, no one would give the order to gun someone down if there wasn't a more subtle way of dispatching him. As seen, shooting him points directly at Putin.

Colebra

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Portugal
I have many doubts that this was Putin. For one, no one would give the order to gun someone down if there wasn't a more subtle way of dispatching him. As seen, shooting him points directly at Putin.

Makes sense.
But what if there was no better way to do it? Was if it was that urgent to get rid of Nemtsov?

Also, let's consider the possibility that the hit was ordered by Putin...
What do you imagine the consequences will be?
Is there any threat to him inside of Russia? One that can't be handled like Nemtsov?
What can other countries do in this matter? Nothing, right?

I can totally see him ordering the hit, knowing that no consequences would follow.

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Sweden

We all know it was, but not that it matters. There's no evidence tying the shooter to Putin. Even if there was, Putin wouldn't be phased. Putin has an iron grip of Russia and no other country wants to object.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
What people know and what they can actually prove, are two entirely different things of course.

I doubt Putin, if it even was him, would ever be found accountable. Even if he was caught on video loading the gun and shooting it himself he wouldn't even be found accountable, that's how strong his grip on Russia is at the moment.