Russia's mockery? | World Defense

Russia's mockery?

HeliArmy

Reactions
14 0 0
Country
France
When Russian jets helps Syrian and Assad's Army. That looks so cool. Thursday, they attack the city of Homs, which are rebel-held. The thing is, it was held a long time by the rebels, meaning it was strong enough to fight against the Syrian army for awhile.

This offensive was based on many ground attacks over the week, but launched with the Russian's air support they couldn't have before in the past since Russia was less implied here. They tried to impact the western Syria, important for Assad's power, but they are held by rebel groups that are not ISIS.

That's where the joke starts. Russia is mobilizing forces against ISIS, without fighting it. But sure, they are in Syria for fighting them, you know.

Source: Syrian army and Russian jets target rebel towns north of Homs| Reuters

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Pardon me but I couldn't understand this item, that the Russian military is in Syria but could not fight Syrian rebels. From what I understand, the Russian offensive is against the ISIS and some rebel groups that are against Assad. So maybe if those rebel groups that are blocking the Russian forces are Syrians, Russia is just being cautious. Or probably they need to confirm what color those rebel groups wear before they shoot at them.

HeliArmy

Reactions
14 0 0
Country
France
Pardon me but I couldn't understand this item, that the Russian military is in Syria but could not fight Syrian rebels. From what I understand, the Russian offensive is against the ISIS and some rebel groups that are against Assad. So maybe if those rebel groups that are blocking the Russian forces are Syrians, Russia is just being cautious. Or probably they need to confirm what color those rebel groups wear before they shoot at them.
In theory, Russia gone in Syria for helping to get out ISIS from here. But the problem is their strikes is focusing on rebel areas and tries hard to help Assad's power, rather than trying to fight ISIS positions. That's what it is exactly happening now and it is exactly where is the joke.

Russia said that the plan to fight ISIS was also based on the fact to restore the Assad's power on the country and with his help, it could be better managed. But if they really done that for helping to fight ISIS, they wouldn't have done it that way and fighting only rebel positions, not ISIS ones.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
There was more to this than just helping Assad. The rebels are allies of the West and Russia targeting them was a move made to antagonize all those who supported the rebels hoping that they'd be drawn into the war. Fighting in Syria would give them a great way of finding out who would emerge victorious in case there was a World War.

Neither the West nor Russia really care about the Syrians or Assad. Russia intends to prove to the world that they are still powerful and the West well, they want the same thing.