S-400 Systems Will Be Delivered To India Within 18-19 Months: Russia | World Defense

S-400 Systems Will Be Delivered To India Within 18-19 Months: Russia

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
S-400 Systems Will Be Delivered To India Within 18-19 Months: Russia
Last month, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar was in Moscow to meet his Russian counterpart Sergey Lavrov to discuss ways to further advance bilateral cooperation.
All India | ANI | Updated: September 08, 2019

India had signed a USD 5.43-billion deal with Russia for the purchase of five S-400 systems.

Highlights
  1. India will pay USD 5.43-billion for purchase of five S-400 systems
  2. It will be delivered in strict accordance with the schedule: Russia
  3. Last month, S Jaishankar was in Russia to discuss ways to advance ties
Russia: Russian Deputy Prime Minister Yuri Borisov on Sunday said S-400 air defence missile systems will be delivered to India in strict accordance with the schedule.
"The advance payment has been received and everything will be delivered in strict accordance with the schedule, within about 18-19 months," Yuri Borisov told state-owned broadcaster Rossiya-1.

Last month, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar was in Moscow to meet his Russian counterpart Sergey Lavrov to discuss ways to further advance bilateral cooperation.

India had signed a USD 5.43-billion deal with Russia for the purchase of five S-400 systems during the 19th India-Russia Annual Bilateral Summit in New Delhi on October 5 last year for long-term security needs.

SOURCE

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
I would be interesting to know where they are going to be deploying these systems. I think we will not see these systems anywhere near our border. Most of the batteries would be used to protect important defense installations and cities like delhi and Mumbai. S-400 is a defensive system and will be used as one.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
I would be interesting to know where they are going to be deploying these systems. I think we will not see these systems anywhere near our border. Most of the batteries would be used to protect important defense installations and cities like delhi and Mumbai. S-400 is a defensive system and will be used as one.
Expedite delivery??? Pak options???

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Is the US going to sanction India this time? Wondering what Pakistan's position would be.