Satellite images capture North Korea executions 'carried out with anti-aircraft guns' | World Defense

Satellite images capture North Korea executions 'carried out with anti-aircraft guns'

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
Prisoners apparently executed on firing range with anti-aircraft guns

POTD-Kim-Jong-Un-M_3273131b.jpg

Kim Jong-Un Photo: Reuters /KCNA

By Julian Ryall, Tokyo

3:24PM BST 30 Apr 2015

Satellite images of North Korea have captured what appears to be the imminent public execution of a group of people with six anti-aircraft guns.

Released by the Committee for Human Rights in North Korea and AllSource Analysis, Inc., a US-based image interpretation company, the pictures were taken on October 7, 2014, from above the Kanggon Military Training Area, some 15 miles north of Pyongyang.

range_3286052b.jpg

The small arms range, loacted on the outskirts of Pyongyang

On a small-arms firing range, analysts have identified six ZPU-4 anti-aircraft guns lined up in front of a viewing area. Behind the weapons are what appear to be a line of troops or equipment, while parked nearby are a number of military trucks, a large trailer and a bus.

In a press release, Greg Scarlatiou, executive director of HRNK, suggests the bus indicates that senior officers or VIPs were on hand to witness what was happening.

About 100 feet down the firing range, and throwing distinct shadows, are a line of what appear to be people.

"The most plausible explanation of the scene ... is a gruesome public execution", said Mr Scarlatiou. "Anyone who has witnessed the damage one single US .50 calibre round does to the human body will shudder just trying to imagine a battery of 24 heavy machine guns being fired at human beings.

"Bodies would be nearly pulverised", he said. "The gut-wrenching viciousness of such an act would make 'cruel and unusual punishment' sound like a gross understatement".

Ajdabiya-aa-guns_1840496a.jpg

Anti-aircraft guns, such as these used in Libya, would 'pulverise' a human being

There have been reports of executions with anti-aircraft guns in the past - as well as mortars being used to eliminate the enemies of the Kim dynasty that rules North Korea - but the images are the first hard evidence to emerge.

Their release also comes a day after South Korean intelligence sources stated that Kim Jong-un, the North Korean leader, had already ordered the execution of 15 senior officials this year. The officials were found guilty of questioning the supreme leader's authority and included a vice-cabinet minister who questioned Mr Kim's policies on forestation.

"Public executions are one of the dreadful tools employed in the implementation of the Kim Jong-un regimes's 'fearpolitik'," Mr Scarlatiou added.
Satellite images capture North Korea executions 'carried out with anti-aircraft guns' - Telegraph

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Fearpolitik sure is the goal of these barbaric executions. A warning to all that Kim Jong Un will not have anyone question his authority regardless of their position. The bastard had his uncle executed on trumped up charges after all. That in itself should be warning enough to anyone who dares [to] oppose him. I pity the N Korean's, no one is ever going to liberate them from the savagery of despots.

Rakan.SA

Reactions
591 1 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
honestly if i was to get executed id chose the same way. i saw a video once of a similar execution in iraq. i kid you not the guy was dead in less than a millisecond! i saw all kinds of execution and nothing is as fast as this

DancingLady

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
Anti-aircraft guns? That's really extreme. Yes, it is a pretty fast way to go, probably the victims did not have time to really feel anything, but it seems rather disrespectful to unnecessarily destroy the body. If they are going to use firing squad for execution, there are much less messy, and equally fast and effective ways to do it. My biggest question would be what are their crimes and did they have anything like a fair trial? I wonder if they were Christians?

Rakan.SA

Reactions
591 1 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Anti-aircraft guns? That's really extreme. Yes, it is a pretty fast way to go, probably the victims did not have time to really feel anything, but it seems rather disrespectful to unnecessarily destroy the body. If they are going to use firing squad for execution, there are much less messy, and equally fast and effective ways to do it. My biggest question would be what are their crimes and did they have anything like a fair trial? I wonder if they were Christians?
trust me if it was me who is going to be executed i really dont mind the mess if im going to die in a millisecond. and plus its more dirty work for them LOL
in north korea it could be for something as silly as watching south korean DVDs

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Horrendous. No wonder the country is so closed-off. Incidents like this will be regular occurences, I'm sure.