Saudi Arabia cuts diplomatic ties with Iran over embassy storming | Page 2 | World Defense

Saudi Arabia cuts diplomatic ties with Iran over embassy storming

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
Recounting horror: Iran refused to help Saudi diplomats under attack

• file-05-recounting%20horror_0.jpg
  • SAFE AND SOUND: A Saudi embassy official, right, is seen talking to family members on arrival in Riyadh on Monday night.
RIYADH: Saudi officials from the embassy in Tehran, who have arrived safely in the Kingdom, have accused the Iranian government of doing nothing to protect them from a mob in the city earlier this week.

Mohammed bin Ali-Qaidhi, who was among those who arrived from Dubai here on Monday night, said masked men were involved in setting the building alight and stealing property of the Saudi government.

He said Iranian security officials ignored the events at the embassy building. In addition, there was no electricity for more than one hour during the attack, he told Arab News.

Also, Iranian officials had harassed Saudi officials from the time they wanted to leave Tehran, he said. “We missed our flight because there was a deliberate delay in the processing of our passports at the immigration counter.” They had to wait two more hours to get a flight, he said.

The Saudi officials thanked the UAE for helping them leave Tehran. They said that Anwar Al-Gargash, UAE's foreign minister, and the Saudi ambassador in the UAE, met them at the airport and helped them get a connection to Riyadh.
Saud bin Abdulaziz Al-Khudair, a relative of an embassy staff member working in Tehran, said he was thankful to the Saudi government for protecting diplomatic staff working abroad.
Recounting horror: Iran refused to help Saudi diplomats under attack | Arab News
Iranian authorities are directly involved in the assault of the Saudi embassy. I was reading an article while ago that the attack was organized says the IRG.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
What else do you expect from the terrorist state of Iran. @BLACKEAGLE Jordan should cut all ties with Iran and expel the ambassador.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
The world is watching. When Saudi Arabia executed the Shiite cleric, I felt something of a bigger issue will emerge because from what I gathered, it is a battle between Sunni and Shiite. And when Iran didn't take it sitting down by launching demonstrations against Saudi Arabia, it is Saudi's turn to sever their ties. Well, I'm sure this is not the end of the story because Iran might be plotting something and I hate to think that it will level up into a full blown war.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
The world is watching. When Saudi Arabia executed the Shiite cleric, I felt something of a bigger issue will emerge because from what I gathered, it is a battle between Sunni and Shiite. And when Iran didn't take it sitting down by launching demonstrations against Saudi Arabia, it is Saudi's turn to sever their ties. Well, I'm sure this is not the end of the story because Iran might be plotting something and I hate to think that it will level up into a full blown war.

Iran is shoving its nose in the Saudi internal affairs based on sectarian basis. We reject Iranian interfere and will do whatever necessary to ensure to put Iran its rightful place. Iran storming of the Saudi embassy is a violation of the Geneva conviction and must be punished for that. Its not about b/t Shia or Sunni rather politically motivated agendas using religion as a tool to reach an objective. FYI: Azerbaijan is a Shia majority country with sold ties to Sunni Saudi Arabia. While Iran has no relations with the Arab and Islamic world from Morocco to Indonesia except a few countries.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Iran is shoving its nose in the Saudi internal affairs based on sectarian basis. We reject Iranian interfere and will do whatever necessary to ensure to put Iran its rightful place. Iran storming of the Saudi embassy is a violation of the Geneva conviction and must be punished for that. Its not about b/t Shia or Sunni rather politically motivated agendas using religion as a tool to reach an objective. FYI: Azerbaijan is a Shia majority country with sold ties to Sunni Saudi Arabia. While Iran has no relations with the Arab and Islamic world from Morocco to Indonesia except a few countries.

Thank you for the information and pardon me for my ignorance. I'm still not knowledgable with Islam and Islamic countries since Metro Manila where I was born and raised is a predominantly Catholic. And only in the recent decades have I seen Muslims. Now Muslims is not a rarity in Metro Manila, they are almost everywhere in the country. But I cannot say if they are Sunni or Shia. Yesterday I heard on the radio a short explanation on the origin of Shia and Sunni. The division was caused by the intramural of Mohammed's 2 successors.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
Thank you for the information and pardon me for my ignorance. I'm still not knowledgable with Islam and Islamic countries since Metro Manila where I was born and raised is a predominantly Catholic. And only in the recent decades have I seen Muslims. Now Muslims is not a rarity in Metro Manila, they are almost everywhere in the country. But I cannot say if they are Sunni or Shia. Yesterday I heard on the radio a short explanation on the origin of Shia and Sunni. The division was caused by the intramural of Mohammed's 2 successors.

Nope, that division was caused by a jewish by the name Abd Allah ibn Saba who lived in Madinah during the 3 successors of the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH). It started as a rebellious movement known as the ''Hypocrites'' headed by him against the third Caliph of Islam Uthman Ibn Affan. The second successor had nothing to do with this or any other successors came after or before him. From there the movement shifted from a political one to a religious one after they escaped to Iraq. Iran itself was a Sunni country before it was converted forcefully by the Safavid dynasty founder Shah Ismail in the year 1490 give or take.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Nope, that division was caused by a jewish by the name Abd Allah ibn Saba who lived in Madinah during the 3 successors of the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH). It started as a rebellious movement known as the ''Hypocrites'' headed by him against the third Caliph of Islam Uthman Ibn Affan. The second successor had nothing to do with this or any other successors came after or before him. From there the movement shifted from a political one to a religious one after they escape to Iraq. Iran itself was a Sunni country before it was converted forcefully by the Safavid dynasty founder Shah Ismail in the year 1490 give or take.

Thanks for the information. Now we see that politics is in play and in fact had charted the path of some religion.

Back to the issue of Iran and Saudi Arabia, I don't think it is easy to settle since both sides are showing their strength in their actions. The protest rallies of Iranians in the Saudi embassy is a clear indication that they want some revenge for the execution of their beloved cleric. And with the Saudis, they feel they are superior over the Iranians so I don't think there will be peace in the days to come.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
The tensions keep rising . . .

Iran's embassy was in Saudi Arabia was struck and the Iranians say Saudis are responsible for this action and they'll have to pay. Literally.

Iran accuses Saudis of striking its Yemen embassy - CNN.com
"Saudi Arabia is responsible for this action, as well as for compensating Iran for injuries to the embassy personnel and the damages to the embassy building," said Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Hossein Jaberi Ansari on Thursday, according to state-run IRIB News. "... Iran reserves the right to (legally) pursue this matter."
Just curious, how likely is a war between the two foes or will they both focus more on proxy wars?