Saudi Arabia executes 47 terrorism convicts

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
Saudi Arabia executes 47 terrorism convicts

8aa33e99-734a-4b77-8f3d-aa0413e1b006_16x9_788x442.jpg

Saudi Arabia's Interior Ministry spokesman Mansour Turki gestures during a news conference in Riyadh March 24, 2013. (Reuters)

Staff writer, Al Arabiya News Saturday, 2 January 2016
The Saudi interior ministry on Saturday said 47 people convicted of plotting and carrying out terrorist attacks, targeting civilians and security forces, were executed.

The ministry statement, published on the official SPA news agency, said the 47 had been convicted of adopting the radical "takfiri" ideology, joining "terrorist organizations" and implementing various "criminal plots."

Read more: Saudi executions: Who were Nimr al-Nimr and Faris al-Shuwail?

Most of those executed were involved in a series of attacks carried out by al-Qaeda from 2003-06 that killed Saudis and foreigners in the kingdom, the interior ministry statement added.

45 of those executed were of Saudi nationality, alongside one Chadian and one Egyptian, according to a list of names and nationalities published by the Saudi Press Agency. The 47 men were based across 12 regions in the kingdom, the interior ministry statement added.

They were convicted of plotting and carrying out terrorist attacks targeting civilians and security forces in Saudi Arabia and neighboring countries.

Al-Qaeda theorist Fares al-Shuwail and preacher Nimr al-Nimr was among those executed, the ministry said.

The Interior Ministry statement began with verses from the Quran and state television showed footage of the aftermath of al-Qaeda attacks in the last decade that killed hundreds.

The ministry confirmed that no minors were among Saturday’s executed convicts.

Saudi Grand Mufti Sheikh Abdulaziz Al al-Sheikh appeared on television soon after to describe the executions as just.

The simultaneous execution of 47 people on security grounds was the biggest mass execution for such offences in Saudi Arabia since the 1980 killing of 63 militants who seized Makkah's Grand Mosque in 1979.

Saudi Arabia in 2015 suffered a series of further bombing and shooting attacks by militants sympathetic to ISIS. Those attacks killed dozens, increasing pressure on Riyadh to show it was taking strong action.

Below is a full list provided by SPA of people who were executed today:

1- Ameen Mohammed Abdullah Al Aqala - Saudi nationality.
2- Anwar Abdulrahman Khalil Al-Najjar - Saudi nationality.
3- Badr bin Mohammed bin Abdullah Al-Badr- Saudi nationality.
4- Bandar Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al-Ghaith - Saudi nationality.
5- Hassan Hadi bin Shuja'a Al-Masareer - Saudi nationality.
6- Hamad bin Abdullah bin Ibrahim Al-Humaidi- Saudi nationality
7- Khalid Mohammed Ibrahim Al-Jarallah - Saudi nationality
8- Ridha Abdulrahman Khalil Al-Najjar- Saudi nationality
9- Saad Salamah Hameer - Saudi nationality
10- Salah bin Saeed bin Abdulraheem Al-Najjar - Saudi nationality
11- Salah bin Abdulrahman bin Mohammed Al Hussain -Saudi nationality
12- Saleh bin Abdulrahman bin Ibrahim Al-Shamsan - Saudi nationality
13- Saleh bin Ali bin Saleh Al-Juma'ah - Saudi nationality
14- Adel bin Saad bin Jaza' Al-Dhubaiti - Saudi nationality
15- Adel Mohammed Salem Abdullah Yamani - Saudi nationality
16- Abduljabbar bin Homood bin Abdulaziz Al-Tuwaijri - Saudi nationality
17- Abdulrahman Dhakheel Faleh Al-Faleh - Saudi nationality
18- Abdullah Sayer Moawadh Massad Al-Mohammadi - Saudi nationality
19- Abdullah bin Saad bin Mozher Shareef - Saudi nationality
20- Abdullah Saleh Abdulaziz Al-Ansari - Saudi nationality
21- Abdullah Abdulaziz Ahmed Al-Muqrin - Saudi nationality
22- Abdullah Musalem Hameed Al-Raheef - Saudi nationality
23- Abdullah bin Mua'ala bin A'li - Saudi nationality
24- Abdulaziz Rasheed bin Hamdan Al-Toaili'e - Saudi nationality
25- Abdulmohsen Hamad bin Abdullah Al-Yahya - Saudi nationality
26- Isam Khalaf Mohammed Al-Mothri'e - Saudi nationality
27- Ali Saeed Abdullah Al Ribeh - Saudi nationality
28- Ghazi Mohaisen Rashed - Saudi nationality
29- Faris Ahmed Jama'an Al Showail - Saudi nationality
30- Fikri Ali bin Yahya Faqih - Saudi nationality
31- Fahd bin Ahmed bin Hanash Al Zamel - Saudi nationality
32- Fahd Abdulrahman Ahmed Al-Buraidi - Saudi nationality
33- Fahd Ali Ayedh Al Jubran - Saudi nationality
34- Majed Ibrahim Ali Al-Mughainem - Saudi nationality
35- Majed Moeedh Rashed - Saudi nationality
36- Mishaal bin Homood bin Juwair Al-Farraj - Saudi nationality
37- Mohammed Abdulaziz Mohammed Al-Muharib - Saudi nationality
38- Mohammed Ali Abdulkarim Suwaymil - Saudi nationality
39- Mohammed Fathi Abula'ti Al-Sayed - Egyptian nationality
40- Mohammed bin Faisal bin Mohammed Al-Shioukh - Saudi nationality
41- Mostafa Mohammed Altaher Abkar - Chadian nationality
42- Moaidh Mufreh Ali Al Shokr- Saudi nationality
43- Nasser Ali Ayedh Al Jubran - Saudi nationality
44- Naif Saad Abdullah Al-Buraidi - Saudi nationality
45- Najeeb bin abdulaziz bin Abdullah Al-Bohaiji - Saudi nationality
46- Nimr Baqer Ameen Al-Nimr- Saudi nationality
47- Nimr Sehaj Zeid Al-Kraizi - Saudi nationality

Reactions

Meanwhile, the kingdom of Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates reaffirmed their support to all Saudi efforts to combat terrorism.

The UAE said Saudi Arabia's implementation of sentences reflects the kingdom’s determination to eradicate terrorism.

Bahrain said the implementation was necessary to maintain security in the region.

A scholar from Egypt's highest Sunni authority, Al-Azhar, has also welcomed the latest Saudi move saying it is in line with Islamic teachings against terrorists found guilty of murder and sabotage.

“Saudi Arabia has applied the law of God,” said Fawzi al-Zafzaf during an interview with Al Arabiya.net.

(With Reuters)

Last Update: Saturday, 2 January 2016 KSA 17:44 - GMT 14:44

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2016/01/02/Saudi-interior-ministry.html

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
Saudi executions: Who were Nimr al-Nimr and Faris al-Shuwail?
27de0326-38d8-4add-8200-666af856065b_16x9_788x442.jpg

Shiite preacher Nimr al-Nimr (L) and leading al-Qaeda ideologue Faris al-Shuwail (R). (Reuters/ Al Arabiya)

Staff writer, Al Arabiya News Saturday, 2 January 2016

Prominent Shiite preacher Nimr al-Nimr and leading al-Qaeda ideologue Faris al-Shuwail were among the 47 men executed on terrorism charges, the Saudi interior ministry said on Saturday.

56-year-old Nimr was adriving force behind the protests that broke out in 2011 in the kingdom’s east.

Full story: Saudi Arabia executes 47 terrorism convicts

He was arrested in 2012 and did not deny the political charges against him.

At the time, the Saudi interior ministry had described him at the time as an “instigator of sedition” during his arrest in the eastern village of Awamiya after being wounded.

In October 2014, Nimr’s death sentence was confirmed after he had been found guilty of seeking "foreign meddling" in the kingdom, among other charges.

Meanwhile, Shuwail had been described by Saudi media outlets as the top al-Qaeda ideologue. He is believed to have been conducting research in support of the organization and its operations.

He was arrested in August 2004 during a massive crackdown on the group following a series of deadly attacks.

Shuwail’s role as an al-Qaeda ideologue was seen in his writings, in which he attempted to justify the strategies and tactics employed by the militants.

Most of the 47 men executed were involved in a series of attacks carried out by al-Qaeda from 2003-06 that killed Saudis and foreigners in the kingdom, the interior ministry said.

45 of those executed were of Saudi nationality, alongside one Chadian and one Egyptian, according to a list of names and nationalities published by the Saudi Press Agency. The 47 men were based across 12 regions in the kingdom, the interior ministry statement added.

They were convicted of plotting and carrying out terrorist attacks targeting civilians and security forces in Saudi Arabia and neighboring countries.

Saudi Arabia in 2015 suffered a series of further bombing and shooting attacks by militants sympathetic to ISIS. Those attacks killed dozens, increasing pressure on Riyadh to show it was taking strong action.

(With Reuters and AFP)

Last Update: Saturday, 2 January 2016 KSA 14:33 - GMT 11:33
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/perspective/features/2016/01/02/Saudi-executions-Who-were-Nimr-al-Nimr-and-Faris-al-Shuwail-.html

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
UAE declares full support for Saudi Arabia's measures against terrorism
02/01/2016 06:18:01 PM

2290771893.jpg

ABU DHABI, 2nd January 2016 (WAM) --- H.H. Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the UAE's Foreign Minister, has declared the country's full, principled and unwavering support for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in any deterrent measures it takes to counter extremism and terrorism.

H.H. Sheikh Abdullah stressed that Saudi Arabia's measures represent a clear message against terrorism and those who preach and provoke strife, division and disorder and seek to destroy the unity of society in the Kingdom and to threaten its security and stability.

These measures also show Saudi Arabia's resolve and firm determination to press ahead to defuse, eliminate and uproot terrorism and extremism and to deter anyone planning any attempts to provoke civic strife and unrest and to abuse the security and stability of the Kingdom, Sheikh Abdullah added.

The foreign minister also stressed that the carrying out the judicial sentences against those who had been convicted is an inalienable right, especially after it had been proven, with corroborating evidence, that the people concerned had committed crimes.

He also stressed that Saudi Arabia's measures were necessary in order to establish security for all Saudi nationals as well as for people residing in the Kingdom. P

WAM/MMYS

UAE declares full support for Saudi Arabia's measures against terrorism | WAM

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
I was surprised by this, thought they would just keep him in indefinite detention. I wonder is Saudi Arabia trying to send a message? I do not fear any Shia reprisals. Shia ask for too much this region, they hope to get away with everything. I don't mind political activism but when someone says he wants to take eastern part of country and unite it with Iran than this is amount to treason. What do Shia's want? Do they really want to alienate them selves among Sunni's? Are they really vying for a sectarian war? It's sad what the ordinary people in the region will have to go through if this doesn't cool down. Saudi Arabia had lots of patience and today is saying enough is enough. I hope my people stay out of this.

What worries me is Shia's are pleading to the West that they're fighting terrorism all across ME in order to try gaining more control with US support. The way they demonize Saudi Arabia is dangerous and the so called 'wasabi' sect bashing is clearly a message to all Sunni's. They constantly remind us that they will get the whole world to fight with them against us. I wish they would lay off their hegemonic ambitions or at least slow it down for the sake of the region's safety and peoples wellbeing.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Finally, I was desperately waiting for this moment so bad. What cooled me down is the execution of Cat-Al-Cat ROFL

No tolerance for terrorists at all. The edge of the sword is the prevention and the treatment.

Last edited:

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I was surprised by this, thought they would just keep him in indefinite detention. I wonder is Saudi Arabia trying to send a message? I do not fear any Shia reprisals. Shia ask for too much this region, they hope to get away with everything. I don't mind political activism but when someone says he wants to take eastern part of country and unite it with Iran than this is amount to treason. What do Shia's want? Do they really want to alienate them selves among Sunni's? Are they really vying for a sectarian war? It's sad what the ordinary people in the region will have to go through if this doesn't cool down. Saudi Arabia had lots of patience and today is saying enough is enough. I hope my people stay out of this.

What worries me is Shia's are pleading to the West that they're fighting terrorism all across ME in order to try gaining more control with US support. The way they demonize Saudi Arabia is dangerous and the so called 'wasabi' sect bashing is clearly a message to all Sunni's. They constantly remind us that they will get the whole world to fight with them against us. I wish they would lay off their hegemonic ambitions or at least slow it down for the sake of the region's safety and peoples wellbeing.

Saudi Arabia vow zero tolerance to terrorism and will take every measure to make sure that no chance is left for it. Shia are minatory in the ME and can not do a shit. They are surrounded by an overwhelming number of Sunni states.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Iranians stormed Saudi embassy in a protest against Nimr Al-Nmir execution. LOL what else they could do.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Saudi Arabia severs diplomatic ties with Iran. Is this the worst relationship we've seen in the world? (:-)

What's next?

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia severs diplomatic ties with Iran. Is this the worst relationship we've seen in the world? (:-)

What's next?

What makes the Shia terrorist Nimr Al-Nimr who was executed better than ISIS and Al-Qaeda members who were also executed? Im not surprised at Iran support of terror buy standing against the execution. Why is Iran shoving it nose in the internal affairs of Saudi Arabia is beyond me. Why is Iran siding with a terrorist? ISIS also released a statement denouncing Saudi Arabia. |0| Both are the same but one is calling hisself a Sunni and the other is calling himself a Shia while both have nothing to do with Islam.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Glorifying some "idols of terror" reveals the true Iranian ideologies in the region!
CX1tAJZWwAA1Cqj.jpg

Osama Bin LadenD:-D

CX1tAJbWcAEs76t.jpg

CX1tAJZWMAAVpey.jpg

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
Experts say executions ‘appropriate sanction’

• file-04-List-of-executed-men-1.jpg
ARAB NEWS

Published — Tuesday 5 January 2016

Last update 5 January 2016 12:35 am

RIYADH: The execution of 47 people by Saudi Arabia recently was the appropriate sanction because of the harm caused by terrorism in the Kingdom and other countries in the region, according to Gulf-based experts.

Fahd Al-Shulaimi, president of the Gulf Security and Peace Forum, said the death sentences was clear evidence that the Kingdom remained committed to fighting terrorism, according to a report in a local publication on Monday.

“What characterizes these judgments is that they were not directed at a particular group or sect but to all those who have adopted deviant thoughts and deeds,” he was quoted as saying.

He said the judgments would assure Saudi and Gulf citizens that the country would hold criminals accountable for spilling the blood of innocent people. He said it was strange that Iran was protesting because Tehran has also hung several people it considers terrorists, including members of the Ahwazian community.

Al-Shulaimi said that some international organizations, including Human Rights Watch, have condemned the executions, but have had little to say about the 14 million displaced Syrian refugees, and more than 300,000 killed during that country’s revolution, and the death toll in Iraq. “They are not interested in protecting people in the region,” he said.

Abdullah bin Huwail, chairman of the committee on foreign affairs, defense and national security of the Bahraini Council of Representatives, said that Saudi Arabia has adopted sound policies that should be a model for all other nations.

He said it was clear that Saudi Arabia and other nations were being targeted by Iran and other “arrogant” states. This gave Saudi Arabia the right to defend itself to protect its interests and assets, even with the use of the sword.
Experts say executions ‘appropriate sanction’ | Arab News

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
Qaeda threatens Saudi Arabia over execution of jihadists

In online statement, Qaeda in Arabian Peninsula and Qaeda in Islamic Maghreb threaten to avenge execution of more than 40 jihadists.

Middle East Online
caption.gif

_74638_A2.jpg

How serious is Qaeda threat?

captionb.gif

DUBAI - The Saudi-Yemeni and North African branches of Al-Qaeda have threatened to avenge Saudi Arabia's execution of more than 40 jihadists, calling the measure a "foolish act."

Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) and Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb said in an online statement Sunday that the kingdom executed the militants despite knowing that the "mujahedin have pledged to avenge the pure blood of their brothers".

The January 2 executions were a "new crime committed by the regime of Al-Saud, demonstrating their tyranny and their fight against jihad (holy war)", the statement added, claiming that the judicial system serves the ruling family in "cementing their rule and oppressing their opponents".

"They should fear the day when the relatives of those martyrs, their brothers and partisans... celebrate (vengeance) against the infidel tyrants."

The statement charged that the rulers of the leading Sunni Muslim kingdom "shed the blood of the mujahedin as an offer to the crusaders who were celebrating the beginning of their new year."

Riyadh announced the execution of 47 people convicted of "terrorism". Among them were four Shiites, including prominent cleric Nimr al-Nimr, whose death triggered a diplomatic crisis between Sunni Saudi Arabia and Shiite-dominated Iran.

In an audio statement posted online, leading Saudi Al-Qaeda chief Ibrahim al-Assiri warned: "we will deal with Al-Saud, now that the blood has been shed".

AQAP is considered by the United States to be the most dangerous affiliate of the global extremist network.
.:Middle East Online:::.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I hope those executed are all connected to terroristic acts. It is sad to think that a person will be executed and later on be proven not guilty. But I respect the judicial system of Saudi Arabia and I believe the convicted criminals were given due process of the law. So maybe if the Shia cleric is reall guilty of being connected to terrorist groups then the verdict of execution should be accepted.