Saudi Arabia forms islamic military alliance of 34 countries | Page 2 | World Defense

Saudi Arabia forms islamic military alliance of 34 countries

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
No Iran in it ? :@-@:

:-E

Question of the week :

Where is Iran ? What about Iran ? How an Islamic coalition without Iran ? :,(

World should be worry about Iran. I don't blame them.
This coalition sounds fishy for them !! It's led by the worst nightmare for Iran. KSA or what they call us " Wahhabis". lol

I went through some pages on PDF for few mins and I noticed the amount of the concerns about the future of Iran as a regional power. Majority are betting that this coalition is directed against Iran. I wonder what makes them so worried. |0|

Just for friends in Iran, and its proxies in Iraq,Lebanon,Syria ..etc. Nothing to worry about it. We're just fighting terrorism.(*_-)

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
The only "potent" armies in that coalition are ;

-Turkey
-KSA
-UAE
-Pakistan

The rest................
It's more like a politic move i think.

"State of Palestine" ? Palestine has an army ? @Falcon29

No Iran in it ? :@-@:

By 'state of Palestine' , it is reference to the PA. But even the PA is about to collapse. Fatah's resistance groups will take control over the PA's policy in West Bank soon. We may see Fatah go armed once again. So really we play no role. We have more than enough problem to deal with Israel. The reason Palestine is in this is the same reason Egypt and Jordan are. To emphasize unity against the Muslim Broterhood(PA against Hamas, Egypt against MB, Jordan against MB). This is why I believe this coalition is counterproductive and insulting just by looking at formation of it. I don't believe Saudi Arabia has bad intentions. But I believe Egypt told Saudi Arabia they won't join unless this coalition is portrayed as anti-MB effort as well and Saudi Arabia didn't have much choice to get these countries on their side.

Once again this demonstrates Egypt's, some Gulf nations and Jordan's derailment of anything remotely good coming out of any political initiatives. Egypt and Jordan aren't even pro-rebel in Syria. Their views differ from Saudi views. And I believe Saudi Arabia has good will here but is struggling to get Arab world to shift their attention from Islamists to Iran.

I can't come to a conclusion yet because this coalition can mean anything. It could mean Saudi/Turkey are planning move in Syria soon and want to deter Russia from obstructing their move by showing this mighty '45 nation' alliance. Or it could be beginning to genuine Middle East like 'EU' system in a political and military sense. But it won't resemble something like NATO. Like I said Egypt is a strong country that won't come to Saudi's side and this makes it very difficult to have common approach. So divisions will remain still.

@Gasoline @Scorpion

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
The coalition is very large but why would they need 34 countries? is to fight several different terror groups in different regions or just 1 or 2?

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
The coalition is very large but why would they need 34 countries? is to fight several different terror groups in different regions or just 1 or 2?

It has been said that all terrorist groups will be targeted. Its not limited to ISIS only.