Saudi Arabia intends to invest $150 billion in developing and expanding its military strength | Page 2 | World Defense

Saudi Arabia intends to invest $150 billion in developing and expanding its military strength

Rakan.SA

Reactions
591 1 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Welcome to the forum.D:-O

The matter is not that we have a surplus of money because of oil (:-),but the threats in our region forced us to spend these billions on defense.Another thing is that we don't have strong industry so we can rely on ourselves to make our weapons locally instead of buying it with extreme prices.

We still need some time to invest in the local industry,support our companies to build a worthwhile industry base then we can reduce the budget to 50$ bn.
btw something you might not know... is that saudi always have a condition with those big contracts. in return they have to reinvest in saudi with a certain percentage of that money. its not like they take the money and go away.
the shrimp company in saudi for example is a result of such big contracts.
but again the problem is we the public dont have enough info. or details.
we know that parts of the F15SA and the hawk planes will be built in saudi thats another example that we know of.
the number one issue for the government is creating jobs. so one way is forcing those companies to reinvest in the kingdom. sometimes they reinvest in defense and sometimes in another field that has nothing to do with defense.
but the coming years i guess we will see a lot of investment in the saudi defense industry to create jobs and get the know how

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
btw something you might not know... is that saudi always have a condition with those big contracts. in return they have to reinvest in saudi with a certain percentage of that money. its not like they take the money and go away.
the shrimp company in saudi for example is a result of such big contracts.
but again the problem is we the public dont have enough info. or details.
we know that parts of the F15SA and the hawk planes will be built in saudi thats another example that we know of.
the number one issue for the government is creating jobs. so one way is forcing those companies to reinvest in the kingdom. sometimes they reinvest in defense and sometimes in another field that has nothing to do with defense.
but the coming years i guess we will see a lot of investment in the saudi defense industry to create jobs and get the know how

No disagreement.

I'm optimistic with the former president of SABIC and the new DM Mohammed bin Salman.I hope to see another heavy contracts like the AN-132.<3>