Saudi Arabia military spending rises to $80bn

Gabriel92

Professional
Reactions
676 14 0
Country
France
2x our military spending....
So,SaudiA has the 4th highest military budget in the world after USA,China,Russia..
Why so much spending for a country like SaudiA ?
Any thoughts ? @WebMaster @Gasoline @Rakan.SA @Scorpion @|_5LT3BRE_|

Military spending in Saudi Arabia increased by 17 percent last year, according to the latest data from Swedish research body SIPRI. Total global arms expenditure was down slightly in 2014, at $1.8 trillion.
Global military spending fell by 0.4 percent last year, down for the third consecutive year, according to the annual report of the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).
Budget cuts in the United States and Western Europe were mostly offset by increases in Asia and Oceania, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa. Spending in Latin America was roughly flat.
The report released on Monday showed that Saudi Arabia recorded the biggest annual hike of any of the top 15 military spenders. An increase of 17 percent took the Saudi spend to $80.8 billion (76.2 billion euros) in 2014

Saudi Arabia military spending rises to $80bn: SIPRI report | News | DW.DE | 13.04.2015

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Since France is part of NATO and also has advanced military industry not to mention that it reached self-sufficiency. It also geographically smaller than Saudi Arabia and located in much more stable part of the word. In contrast, Saudi Arabia military industry is nothing to compared to France, has yet to be self sufficient, geographically huge and located in the most chaotic part of the world its normal to see an increase in our defense budget. You have Iran and its small colonies Iraq, Lebanon and Syria all backed by the vodka addict Putin. Yemen is another story and being dealt with as we speak. You also have Israel on the other hand arming itself by the hour. To sum it up, the challenges Saudi Arabia is facing in the region necessitate an increasing in the defense budget for the purpose of ensuring our security.

Rakan.SA

Reactions
591 1 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
2x our military spending....
So,SaudiA has the 4th highest military budget in the world after USA,China,Russia..
Why so much spending for a country like SaudiA ?
Any thoughts ? @WebMaster @Gasoline @Rakan.SA @Scorpion @|_5LT3BRE_|

Military spending in Saudi Arabia increased by 17 percent last year, according to the latest data from Swedish research body SIPRI. Total global arms expenditure was down slightly in 2014, at $1.8 trillion.
Global military spending fell by 0.4 percent last year, down for the third consecutive year, according to the annual report of the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).
Budget cuts in the United States and Western Europe were mostly offset by increases in Asia and Oceania, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa. Spending in Latin America was roughly flat.
The report released on Monday showed that Saudi Arabia recorded the biggest annual hike of any of the top 15 military spenders. An increase of 17 percent took the Saudi spend to $80.8 billion (76.2 billion euros) in 2014

Saudi Arabia military spending rises to $80bn: SIPRI report | News | DW.DE | 13.04.2015
its not accurate.. they keep making this mistake every year.
this budget is not only for the army.
it includes the army, the national guard, the minister of interior and saudi intelligence
under the ministry of interior it includes 13 region emirates

Rakan.SA

Reactions
591 1 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
@Gabriel92 did you find any news in french media regarding the saudi french 33 billion dollar deal ?
is it military or investments ? all we heard about was the number.

Gabriel92

Professional
Reactions
676 14 0
Country
France
@Gabriel92 did you find any news in french media regarding the saudi french 33 billion dollar deal ?
is it military or investments ? all we heard about was the number.

33 billions deal ?
I heard nothing on our side about it,as i said the last deal under negociation with SaudiA is for 30 patrol boats,there were negociations about acquiering Submarines and Freems (If i remember well),but nothing then.
Where did you read that ? Any link ?

|_5LT3BRE_|

Reactions
106 0 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
The middle east on fire my friend i guess it is obvious why we spend that much *-^

Saudi army is not for the defense of Saudi Arabia, but also for the entire countries of GCC and support all the arabs , muslims and friends countries ,, so we should have a good army and that need spend more money ^_^

Weapons are so much expensive !! it is not a toy buy it from store (:-) .

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
33 billions deal ?
I heard nothing on our side about it,as i said the last deal under negociation with SaudiA is for 30 patrol boats,there were negociations about acquiering Submarines and Freems (If i remember well),but nothing then.
Where did you read that ? Any link ?

FREEM and Mistral Please.dÒ¿Ób

Rakan.SA

Reactions
591 1 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
In your wet dreams,SaudiA is apparently very interested in acquiring LCS from Lockheed.
But wai&see. !-!
the deal was for the eastern region. tell your ppl to move their ass they still got the western region all for them ^-^
and YES WE NEED THE MISTRAL dÒ¿Ób

as for the deal i heard it on TV. no news or anything specific. it wasnt even the headline of the news. just a small sentence between the lines!! lol
but they said also in the news there were talks about the saudi nuclear program
KSA, France discuss cooperation in nuclear energy | Arab News